Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon prime day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,855 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

n1ck wrote: »
    How is it Amazon's fault that An Post have no access to your building? Just get it delivered to your workplace or have it delivered somewhere they can access...

My contract to provide delivery is with Amazon, it is their problem. The courier hasn't provided delivery and has made no attempt to get in touch or leave a "come collect it" slip, which in the past has been posted to me.

Also the courier is the An Post courier and how come he doesn't have access when the postman does?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

My contract to provide delivery is with Amazon, it is their problem. The courier hasn't provided delivery and has made no attempt to get in touch or leave a "come collect it" slip, which in the past has been posted to me.

Also the courier is the An Post courier and how come he doesn't have access when the postman does?

Have you made any contact? I get a text from An Post for my Amazon deliveries and if i'm not there I re-arrange. Otherwise, I get it shipped to somewhere I WILL BE.

You will also get a notice when Amazon attempts to deliver via the app.

I've had absolutely nothing at all from them, no text, nothing. All of my details are with Amazon.

Also the last time I went down to the sorting office I was made to feel two inches tall. Guy in there was very, very rude.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Also the last time I went down to the sorting office I was made to feel two inches tall. Guy in there was very, very rude.

I presume that is Amazon's fault too?

For the record, I completely understand that your contract is with Amazon and it's up to them to deal with the issues you've had but from the looks of it, you haven't done much yourself. I would recommend getting onto support and querying it with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Reati

I've had absolutely nothing at all from them, no text, nothing. All of my details are with Amazon.

Ever one of the 15 I got via an post I got had an notification from amazon and a text from an post.

The interaction is fairly brief in my experience. Give slip and ID. Sign and take parcel so love to hear What did he say to you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

I'm 2 inches tall. What's wrong with that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭mel123

Has everyone got their order at this stage? My order of a 49 inch tv hasnt budged in the two weeks, and im getting absolutely no where with amazon. Constant automatic replies that are saying the same thing all the time, yet the order hasnt budged. I was actually waiting on the tv, my old one broke, yet i dont want to cancel the order as i got a good deal for it. My frustration is real!!!

I've checked and see that the item is in stock, but your order didn't dispatch, so it seems that the order was delayed in the dispatch process.

In this case, I've now contacted our Fulfilment Centre to dispatch the order aware of this delay and they’re processing your order and I can assure that it will enter the dispatch process as soon as possible.

Please understand we rely on the suppliers for up-to-date information regarding the availability of this item and unfortunately, that's all we have to go by.

I hope that you would understand that being the retailers we are totally dependent on our suppliers for the supply.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

mel123 wrote:
    I hope that you would understand that being the retailers we are totally dependent on our suppliers for the supply.

Why are they blaming the supplier when it's showing as in stock when you checked?

Was it marked as sold and fulfilled by Amazon??
    Or was it indeed a third party seller with Amazon fulfillment?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,133 ✭✭✭✭km79

Another bit of bad luck for me . And a very unusual one
    I ordered a pack of Top Trumps (birthday present ) last week . The package came yesterday. All that was in it was an envelope with 2 blue stickers with “GB” in yellow and a yellow ring of stars above the letters
    I contacted the sellers who have good feedback and they told me it was fulfilled by amazon so to get on to them
    It’s only 4 pound but it’s very very strange !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭mel123

Why are they blaming the supplier when it's showing as in stock when you checked?

Was it marked as sold and fulfilled by Amazon??
    Or was it indeed a third party seller with Amazon fulfillment?

Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L.
    Dispatched from and sold by Amazon.

Im actually afraid if i give out too much, they will cancel my order. For the hassle, theyve given me a tenner credit (wow), i tried to blag a few months prime also, but they are not having a bar of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Just keep getting onto them for an update and repeatedly say you are absolutely sure you do not want to cancel the order, you still want the tv you ordered 2 weeks ago which had 2 day shipping...

I haven't bought anything on amazon since prime day, so I think this answers the question of whether or not prime is worth it to me.. every now and again I'll just get a prime trial if I need to buy a prime only item.. I don't buy enough stuff regularly to get any value out of the full price prime

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

Just keep getting onto them for an update and repeatedly say you are absolutely sure you do not want to cancel the order, you still want the tv you ordered 2 weeks ago which had 2 day shipping...

I haven't bought anything on amazon since prime day, so I think this answers the question of whether or not prime is worth it to me.. every now and again I'll just get a prime trial if I need to buy a prime only item.. I don't buy enough stuff regularly to get any value out of the full price prime

Not impressed with prime, order was due to arrive on 2 dates that changed. Arrived a week later, from a warehouse deal! Taking money off the card twice. Useless. I think I probably said this in a previous message. :rolleyes::o
    Well I am still very annoyed!!:mad::P

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Tango One

First time I had an issue with amazon. My prime day order said dispatched. The tracking said returning to seller even before it was dispatched. When I check the ups site directly it only mention label had been created. Amazon is investigating but not expecting much other than a refund in the end.

Decided to commit to prime today when I was informed that I could save £5 on my order with prime... Then proceeded to cancel immediately after.

I don't know what is up with prime deliveries, but before I committed to prime, the item could be delivered for free by August 7th. From experience it would come earlier than that.

Once I committed to prime, I had two delivery options: free standard delivery (Aug 4th - 7th) or free priority delivery (Aug 7th). I contacted Amazon and asked why the delivery times for priority were worse than standard, and why are neither really any faster than the normal free delivery. They didn't really know, and cancelled and refunded my prime.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

sugarman wrote: »
    Went to cancel my Prime while I remembered just there and was offered an additional 30 days free. Should be the same for everyone else.
    Put a reminder on your phone. That extra 30 days is the extra hope that you will forget to cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Philster

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this question.

I bought the UK Fire Stick on Prime Day and initially the BBC iPlayer worked on it, without any change of internet settings. Was surprised that it did. Now it doesn't work at all. I get error 02001 and "Something went wrong". I've searched online and no suggestions help, including factory restores etc.

I have a work VPN and DNS provider and even with those on it still won't work. I'm not asking about how to circumvent or anything similar. I would just like to know if the iPlayer is working for anyone else, as all other apps work great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Philster wrote: »
    Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this question.

I bought the UK Fire Stick on Prime Day and initially the BBC iPlayer worked on it, without any change of internet settings. Was surprised that it did. Now it doesn't work at all. I get error 02001 and "Something went wrong". I've searched online and no suggestions help, including factory restores etc.

I have a work VPN and DNS provider and even with those on it still won't work. I'm not asking about how to circumvent or anything similar. I would just like to know if the iPlayer is working for anyone else, as all other apps work great.

I had to update the app the other day to get it to work (on a different android box).
    Update wasn't available via Play Store (not available in your country), so I just installed the latest version on Aptoide, and back working fine..

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Philster

UsedToWait wrote: »
    I had to update the app the other day to get it to work (on a different android box).
    Update wasn't available via Play Store (not available in your country), so I just installed the latest version on Aptoide, and back working fine..

Seriously, thank you so much :) To be honest I've never even heard of Aptoide but certainly will be looking more at that. iPlayer working great again. :):cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭honda boi

sugarman wrote: »
    Went to cancel my Prime while I remembered just there and was offered an additional 30 days free. Should be the same for everyone else.

Damn I didn't get that when I went to cancel!

Philster wrote: »
    Seriously, thank you so much :) To be honest I've never even heard of Aptoide but certainly will be looking more at that. iPlayer working great again. :):cool:

Great, just be aware, it can be a source of dodgy apps, like any unofficial source (as indeed can Play Store!), so be cautious.

• Advertisement

Reati wrote: »
    Ever one of the 15 I got via an post I got had an notification from amazon and a text from an post.

The interaction is fairly brief in my experience. Give slip and ID. Sign and take parcel so love to hear What did he say to you?

Went into collect a package five minutes before closing time, he pointed to the clock which was a few minutes fast and tried to get me to leave. I didn't. Eventually he gave me the package (new computer monitor) but not without exchanging unpleasantness.

Another time there were 5 people waiting and we could all hear him on the phone to his daughter in the office. He came back, saw all the people (now 15 minutes before close), uttered "oh for ****s sake" fairly loud and started picking up peoples slips.

Edit: Package finally arrived, 10 days late. Have arranged with work to accept deliveries there now after they heard my story.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,693 ✭✭✭Raoul

n1ck wrote: »
    Video is a bit poop compared to Netflix but has more options if you request support swap you to UK video.

I asked for this and they said my payment card showed IE so they can't. Need a UK payment card. The address was my parcel motel address.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Raoul wrote: »
    I asked for this and they said my payment card showed IE so they can't. Need a UK payment card. The address was my parcel motel address.

get a revolut virtual card, it'll show up as UK

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

get a revolut virtual card, it'll show up as UK

Works for Video, not for music oddly enough....

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Great, just be aware, it can be a source of dodgy apps, like any unofficial source (as indeed can Play Store!), so be cautious.

I've always tended to use APK mirror. Don't know if it's my own perception, but seems less dodgy than Aptoide.

https://www.apkmirror.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭kala85

Downloaded iplayer from aptoide but I can't get it to work

kala85 wrote: »
    Downloaded iplayer from aptoide but I can't get it to work

Are you using a VPN / DNS service?

Amazon Prime has cost me more than I would have saved in both time and money.

Everything I purchased was sold by amazon and qualified for Prime.
    Bought a pair of shoes on Prime day that were £40 ('reduced' from £65) with Prime trial.

They arrived 6 days later, at which point they were on the sale again for £25. So I purchased the £25 + Jeans.

Jeans were manky (G-Star). Got two return labels to return to Amazon warehouse Ireland Free returns.

They refunded me for the jeans and £12.53 for the shoes (that were £40).
    Contacted them to tell them, and they told me that they refunded for the wrong shoes.
    They refunded for the shoes that were with the jeans, even though I used the return label with the barcode. So, they had to re-charge me £12.53 and have begun the process of refunding the £40 for the original shoes.
    So they had charged me for the 'free' returns. I will have to keep watching the refund process to see if I get charged (again) for returning them, in which case I will have one pair of shoes that have cost me over a week of back-and-forth contacting them, and if they charge me for returns again (I think it will be) £37.47 (€41.60) for the shoes. They are in B&M store for €38 in the sales. :(

/Rant

• Registered Users Posts: 12,404 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I think free returns means there is no restocking fee as opposed to free return postage

• Advertisement

TheDriver wrote: »
    I think free returns means there is no restocking fee as opposed to free return postage

Postage Paid on the Return label.
    And the chat assistant told me that I would not be charged for postage.
    https://snag.gy/ximor8.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement