Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fast and Furious spinoff film (Hobbs & Shaw)

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Maybe it's because it's not trying to service as sprawling a cast as the main series but I enjoyed this far more then I have any F&F film since Fast 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,670 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I seen this today and enjoyed it but agree it was too long. There is some parts that might as not have been there as they serve no purpose like the scene on the plane. I would have cut that had I been the director. It looked very cheap and badly done as well as boring that scene.

Then there was Hobbs daughter served no purpose either. Might as well not have been there. I enjoyed the scene at the beginning but thought the music for it did not suit it. Also thought it seemed off somehow.

I loved the motor bike the Villain had do and the Mclaren was nice too. I thought the CGI looked ropey in places and that some of the stunt scenes were badly done. There was lots of great action scenes in it but they were all well overdone really. I thought the film went mostly good until they got to Hobbs home then it slumped for a bit then got a little better but really the last scene was way overdone. Also I thought Hobbs and Shaw seemed a bit slow. It was not till the last scene at the end they copped how to beat him and I had been thinking why did they not just do that from the first time both of them had a fight with him.

I would go see it again.

I would give it a 6 out of 10.

There was a few bits I missed and some big women had kids I kid you not a baby and an 8 or 10 year old in the cinema and were constantly going up and down the aisle. No interest in the film at all. The children should not have been in the screening anyway so I reported it to staff but doubt anything will be done about it. Next time will go out and report someone like that sooner.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,347 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Princess Margaret can kick ass :p

Universal Solider meets Batman meets James Bond meets Terminator meets Lethal Weapon, enjoyable dumb fun

Kirby is 20 years younger than Statham but they worked as Shaw siblings

• Registered Users Posts: 17,979 ✭✭✭✭rob316

God that was crap. Love the FF movies but that was utterly forgettable, Elba and Kirby were the only positives. Hobbs character didn't feel like Hobbs from FF at all it was strange.
    Not even a good bad.

I actually miss the days of stealing DVD players.
    The newer films are gone too far into the fantasy realm (and full on sci-fi now)

I'm out, I think. Must be too old nowadays

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,979 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I actually miss the days of stealing DVD players.
    The newer films are gone too far into the fantasy realm (and full on sci-fi now)

I'm out, I think. Must be too old nowadays

They might as well use CGI for the actors too and just voice record them, there is so much been used now.

Advertisement