Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Our Tenerife holiday disaster :(

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

charlie999 wrote: »
    Booked a luxury apartment on booking.com - so many extras to make it cosy - it was advertised as a penthouse. We paid €160 per night. Free WiFi everywhere, robes and slippers etc.

We had 3 older kids with us so the WiFi was a major influencer in booking this.

When we arrived - no WiFi! Anywhere! No robes. No slippers. No coffee machine. No luxury! An apartment kitted out from ikea.

I complained. I was ignored. I complained a few days later and I was told that I was trying to make the company go bust. Thee is nothing she can do. She made us feel welcome and wasn’t expecting an investigation!

Other apartments in the same complex are advertised for €100:€110 per night.

Is there anything I can do? This was a disgrace

This is the reason you view other travellers photos and reviews before booking.. leave a review and warn other travellers of your experience! Also wouldn't recommend booking through booking.com, It's always cheaper to book through an official website.. It's the same with flights, third party websites are fine for searching but always book on the official website.. A place I previously worked had a number of issues with booking.com accepting faults payment details.. You can probably make a complaint to the alternative for the "Advertising standards Authority for Ireland" for the country in question.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,274 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Whats the link to the accommodation - two different websites mentioned so far. Booking.com are just an intermediary - your contract is with the provider, as for the other site the only "penthouse" mentions no "little extras"
    Could so easily pick up a local sim card and be done or use the phone as a hotspot - really failing to see why this has turned into the holiday from hell (as for Ikea apartments - pretty much every holiday apartment uses Ikea)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Mod-note:

I've just Thanked 16* Reported Posts. Thanks for the reports.
    However, none of those reports are from a Moderator who sent this unmitigated mess our way to our Travel forum. I can only see a post deleted by one Travel moderator. I will say thanks for closing this thread though.

Posts will be deleted. I will tidy the thread up. Thread will remain closed by me until the OP makes contact should they wish to update <--> I read about contact being made which may assist with future bookings should people opt to use the site(s) being mentioned in here.

I'll move the closed thread over to our Report/Review sub-forum.

Any issues OP; feel free to make contact.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement