Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guess the Village/Town/City Thread 3 (read post 1)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

josip wrote: »
    Sure what's a couple of miles between friends? :)

I'm running out of towers for Google...

"Ireland round church bell tower -glendalough -ardmore -timahoe -meelick -cashel -clondalkin -killala -kinneigh -Tua -Taghadoe -Castledermot -Kilmacduagh -lusk -drumbo"

Cross posted!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Hmmm, thinking again, the door is very low for a proper round tower, maybe it's just a belfry??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭Be right back

Guess it's not too easy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,645 ✭✭✭✭josip

Hmmm, thinking again, the door is very low for a proper round tower, maybe it's just a belfry??

Yes, I've been thinking that too.
    The top is castellated, not pointed, but even though I tell google that I'm looking for a round "bell tower", Google seems to think it knows best and gives me the standard round towers.
    Never appreciated how many round towers there are in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Guess it's not too easy!!

Im very jealous.
    Mine, no matter how obscure I think I am, are always outed straight away.
    Maybe you're cheating.. Its a stock picture right?! :D

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

Too early for a hint?

34q8k87.jpg

Ok, Mrs Doyle!!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Ah Go on, Go on, Go on....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Three More Big Sleeps

Whitechurch, Co. Cork

https://www.google.com/maps/@51.9822451,-8.5146167,3a,75y,19.54h,98.39t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sbtwYzUNG5HIa7DBcx6V9qg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Can someone take my go, please? I'm off to brave the warzone that is A&E at St. James's Hospital, Dublin.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that.
    For those of us who spent a little time yesterday focusing on the tower, it dates from 1832, not 832.

https://www.dia.ie/works/view/59429/building/CO.+CORK,+WHITECHURCH,+CHURCH+(RC)+&+ROUND+TOWER

Ohhhh.. Interesting.
    Thanks!

f41kye.jpg

Try this peeps..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

f41kye.jpg

Try this peeps..

Dunhill Waterford

lassykk wrote: »
    Dunhill Waterford

Well done.

Will you go, Lassie, go.

Will post one in the morning when I'm on a laptop

Will post one in the morning when I'm on a laptop

Did anyone else try to read the above to the rhythm of "and we'll all go together" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Did anyone else try to read the above to the rhythm of "and we'll all go together" ?

I am now...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

I'm sure that was the point...

Ha, I must admit I'm not a fan of traditional Irish music so while I knew the line "Will you go Lassie go" I hadn't a clue who sang it or the line "And we'll all go together" - Youtube helped me out there now!

Anyway, hopefully this one isn't too hard - might be a little off the beaten track

479150.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Ahhh c’mere now!

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Ahhh c’mere now!

:D:D:D The last ones I put up were gone straight away so said I'd give a bit more of a challenge

Here's a more achievable one - be interested to see if anyone gets the other one!

479158.jpg

Ha, I must admit I'm not a fan of traditional Irish music so while I knew the line "Will you go Lassie go" I hadn't a clue who sang it or the line "And we'll all go together" - Youtube helped me out there now!

Anyway, hopefully this one isn't too hard - might be a little off the beaten track

479150.jpg

Ive been here recently...That my dear is Polerone lane just outside Mooncoin, CoKilkenny

TheTorment wrote: »
    Ive been here recently...That my dear is Polerone lane just outside Mooncoin, CoKilkenny

Fair dues!

Don't think I've ever been referred to as "dear" before either ;)

I spent many a day there swimming but I didn't think too many on boards would have been down there!

Fair dues!

Don't think I've ever been referred to as "dear" before either ;)

I spent many a day there swimming but I didn't think too many on boards would have been down there!

I know...I was watching from behind that hedge :)

TheTorment wrote: »
    I know...I was watching from behind that hedge :)

We used to take a piss through the hedge so I really hope not :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Three More Big Sleeps

We used to take a piss through the hedge so I really hope not :D

(Note to self: don't assume Lassy's a lassie. Eek!)

That other one's going to be tricky, but given the amount of bins, I'll take a stab at...

Bailenabruscair :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Farranfore?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

The Rower.

• Advertisement

The Rower.

That's the one. Thought it would be obscure coming up from that side road but nothing get past the regulars on this thread!

Advertisement