Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chit chat number nein

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,187 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Just reading up on them and they only live for 24 hrs or Less. They don't have a mouth so don't eat. Only live long enough to breed and lay eggs and gone again. You'd have to wonder how they stay going or their purpose? Every day is a school day lol.
    You are confusing mayflies and maybugs/cockchafers. Mayflies (a well know trout favourite) live for 24 hours but cockchafers/maybugs live for a couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,522 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Had a football game this eve and one of the boys broke his ribs. Poor fella was in a bad way. Couldn't breathe, going into shock. Took a full hour for an ambulance to come...you wouldn't want to be dying anyway.

I’ve broken ribs falling out of a tree when I was a nipper. Jesus it’s painful, I thought I was dying.

Happy Birthday to me 😎

02-FF922-F-54-E5-450-A-92-AD-8245-D328-FA2-A.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 29,261 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

_Brian wrote: »
    Happy Birthday to me 😎

Happy birthday. I wouldn't say too many people get one of those for their birthday

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭CHOPS01

First Communion today and still no sign of the bouncey castle and your man's phone is off !! Could be a long day !!

• Advertisement

CHOPS01 wrote: »
    First Communion today and still no sign of the bouncey castle and your man's phone is off !! Could be a long day !!

Jaysus. I'd say the blood pressure is crazy atm

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Happy Birthday to me ��

Happy Birthday!
    When's the party? Btw I presume there will be sausages ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭CHOPS01

whelan2 wrote: »
    Jaysus. I'd say the blood pressure is crazy atm
    I'd be easy enough going but herself is fairly stressed. Young lad doesn't know yet we might have a problem !

Happy birthday. I wouldn't say too many people get one of those for their birthday

We’re not ordinary people, not even close

gozunda wrote: »
    Happy Birthday!
    When's the party? Btw I presume there will be sausages ;)

Sure.
    Vegan sausages 😃😃

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

Sure.
    Vegan sausages ðŸ˜႒ðŸ˜႒

You’re already preparing - mincing up bits of pallets and rushes as we type :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Are pallets worth anything ? Have a good few fertilizer pallets here in a shed from last year and this year

• Registered Users Posts: 11,103 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

davidk1394 wrote: »
    Are pallets worth anything ? Have a good few fertilizer pallets here in a shed from last year and this year

I doubt it, a neighbour gets loads of them for nothing as he uses them in his central heating furnace, only disadvantage is he can't spread the ashes on the land because of nails.
    I usually give the pallets back to the merchant

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

If only you lived in the North! :D

wrangler wrote: »
    I doubt it, a neighbour gets loads of them for nothing as he uses them in his central heating furnace, only disadvantage is he can't spread the ashes on the land because of nails.
    I usually give the pallets back to the merchant

Do they refund what you have paid for the pallets?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,103 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Do they refund what you have paid for the pallets?

Yes, it'd always be written on the delivery docket by the lorry driver if I returned pallets. Grennans would always need pallets but they'd always be getting their own pallets back from me, same with Flynns in Mullingar.
    Unlike some farmers I don't use them for fencing etc

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Our kid is very into codes and maths etc, so I ordered this nook off eBay, as part of the birthday present.

mrjEmyS.jpg

All good except for one problem.
    Where the hell am I going to get an old computer that has a 3.5 inch disk drive?

SbzCfsT.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,967 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Bale twine & pallets are precious things to any farmer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Bale twine & pallets are precious things to any farmer

Pallets used as a base for hay and straw bales. Fierce handy. Always have the fert on 4 pallets to save the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,331 ✭✭✭naughto

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Our kid is very into codes and maths etc, so I ordered this nook off eBay, as part of the birthday present.

mrjEmyS.jpg

All good except for one problem.
    Where the hell am I going to get an old computer that has a 3.5 inch disk drive?

SbzCfsT.jpg

A portable usb the has a flobby disk drive

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sabrent-External-1-44-Floppy-Drive/dp/B00E9MD700?ref_=Oct_CABSellerC_430543031_0&pf_rd_p=6b7a75c7-edb7-520a-9b21-e89197e37f3d&pf_rd_s=mobile-hybrid-6&pf_rd_t=30901&pf_rd_i=430543031&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=DSDE1VQ2BBKYJJBH2Z32&pf_rd_r=DSDE1VQ2BBKYJJBH2Z32&pf_rd_p=6b7a75c7-edb7-520a-9b21-e89197e37f3d

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Anyone ever see a vet remove a calf bed?
    Chatting a fella up the road and that's what the vet had to resort to on one cow. Calf had died inside the cow & wasn't noticed, infection had spread all through the calf bed. Suppose it's just like a hysterectomy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I wonder if any of those crowds that used transfer files from floppy discs to CDs are still in business?

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭longgonesilver

Anyone ever see a vet remove a calf bed?
    Chatting a fella up the road and that's what the vet had to resort to on one cow. Calf had died inside the cow & wasn't noticed, infection had spread all through the calf bed. Suppose it's just like a hysterectomy?

That's a major operation and might end badly yet as the whole operation area has been exposed to infection.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Who knew Nuns travelled in vans?

Just met a transit van with three nuns in the front. Habits and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

That's a major operation and might end badly yet as the whole operation area has been exposed to infection.

Apparently he closed the end off with a cable tie. Dunno if that's true though! She's doing great now though. Calf bed was ruined with the half rotted calf.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,217 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Those must be the 3 nuns in the ad visiting Johnny Lynch's buffalo. Changed from the Honda 50s.

Water John wrote: »
    Those must be the 3 nuns in the ad visiting Johnny Lynch's buffalo. Changed from the Honda 50s.

I think I may take to sitting at the side of the road and watching the traffic pass by..

You wouldn't know who or what'd be trundling along.

Who knew Nuns travelled in vans?

Just met a transit van with three nuns in the front. Habits and all.

Probably on the way to a hen or stag party

• Advertisement

Probably on the way to a hen or stag party

Could be. It was in a rented van.

White headpiece and light grey tunic (or whatever it's called).
    They have to live too, whoever they were.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement