Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chit chat number nein

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭jimmy G M

Heading to Croke Park with the young fella. Cow due to calf but brother is keeping an eye on her. About to have a bit of a fry before we hit the road... rashers looking nothing like yours Brian...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,482 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

148multi wrote: »
    Breeding or barley can leave them very fatty, some lads feed nothing but veg for a fortnight before butchering,

We used to have a deal with local veg shop and got boxes of waste veg every week. Shop closed now.

Have tried potatoes and barley and indeed they got fat, very fat.

These were fed household scraps and “pig and weaner” meal

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

I was outside around that time briefly but saw nothing.

What direction in the sky was it?
    Did you see a burning trail behind it?
    It sounds like a meteorite and more than likely did hit ground or sea somewhere.
    It won't burn all the way down to ground if a fragment makes it down.

Was heading east to west, a bit of a trail but a bright orange light as it burned out and disappeared. 2 mins earlier was taking a pic of the sky to see how twud come out on the phone, wouldn't have been fast enough to catch it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

_Brian wrote: »
    Some rashers from our own pigs. Really happy how they turned out.

Bet there was no white slim on them either. Gone totally off shop bought rashers except for the dry cured ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,096 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Mooooo wrote: »
    Was heading east to west, a bit of a trail but a bright orange light as it burned out and disappeared. 2 mins earlier was taking a pic of the sky to see how twud come out on the phone, wouldn't have been fast enough to catch it anyway

They are quite a sight!! :)

I only saw a good strong one once before. The brightness and burning trail is the giveaway of a meteorite. Even on a dark night, trails can be seen with burning dust for a few seconds after.

Did you make a wish?? :pac: ;)

• Advertisement

Trump is a John Deere man it appears!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,062 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

wrangler wrote: »
    Never really get away on patricksday, always either lambing or calving, local parade if maternity is quiet.

5 car crash on the motorway beside us so they had to close the motorway and divert the traffic through Tyrrellspass, so parade called off
    One person killed. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

Bread maker set for later !

It's your only man! I sometimes use the bread maker to make the dough and then finish it off in the oven to make rolls. Totally different taste. Almost never eat shop bought bread any more!

Today's very patriotic dinner!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Muckit wrote: »
    Today's very patriotic dinner!!:D

When I cook the dinner, I lay out the veg- green white and orange. Dunno does the crew notice but they might some day.

Today- I had plans for cleaning sheds- everyone of us have a temp and small man in bed with OH and little lady wanted me to watch tv with her to keep her company. When oh wales up, I’ll get a few loads cleared out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

My eldest daughter (21 and living away from home) rang me on Wednesday that she was sick and would I bring her to the doctor. I never saw such a sick individual. Pure white in the face and shivering with a temperature. Anyway, turned out to be flu so home to bed to be looked after by mammy! She slept continually for 4 days and only today is looking half way human again. I had very little sympathy for her tbh as we always get the flu injection but last October she was too cool to get it - think she might be more inclined to get one next autumn, I won't let her forget this dose in a hurry!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭Base price

When I cook the dinner, I lay out the veg- green white and orange. Dunno does the crew notice but they might some day.

Today- I had plans for cleaning sheds- everyone of us have a temp and small man in bed with OH and little lady wanted me to watch tv with her to keep her company. When oh wales up, I’ll get a few loads cleared out.
    I'm not feeling well today - tummy ache and a headache. I dropped OH to watch the parade earlier and went to bed for a few hours. Just up outta bed and still don't feel great.
    Corofin are hammering Dr. Crokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kk.man

Spent most of day in bed as got no sleep last night with lambing. Could do with a good shower and shave now.

KatyMac wrote: »
    My eldest daughter (21 and living away from home) rang me on Wednesday that she was sick and would I bring her to the doctor. I never saw such a sick individual. Pure white in the face and shivering with a temperature. Anyway, turned out to be flu so home to bed to be looked after by mammy! She slept continually for 4 days and only today is looking half way human again. I had very little sympathy for her tbh as we always get the flu injection but last October she was too cool to get it - think she might be more inclined to get one next autumn, I won't let her forget this dose in a hurry!

Proper flu is a horrid dose.

One of our kids got swine flu when it was going. It was hard work.

We headed to Florencecourt National Trust property today just outside Enniskillen.
    10k walk followed by tea and apple crumble.

Picked up a slow cooker cookbook, no stopping me now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Not a lot, walk the bull, powerwash a bit, cook dinner for the folks, try & make some sort of semblance of a plan for 30 American relatives arriving in early July :pac:

Do you walk him often?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Do you walk him often?

Have started working with him each day now, bringing him to Carrick on the 13th so need to be sure with him as he's much bigger than anything I've shown before. I'm just tying him up as i feed in the shed, tudy pens etc & then get him to do a few circles in the pen. Haven't brought him into the passageway yet as he's going to make a beeline for the cows :pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Have started working with him each day now, bringing him to Carrick on the 13th so need to be sure with him as he's much bigger than anything I've shown before. I'm just tying him up as i feed in the shed, tudy pens etc & then get him to do a few circles in the pen. Haven't brought him into the passageway yet as he's going to make a beeline for the cows :pac::D
    Have you washed him yet

Bread maker set for later !

Bread’s done 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 29,120 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Just about to take my ham out of the slow cooker. Have a few cans of bulmers to wash it down with... Slainte

• Advertisement

whelan2 wrote: »
    Just about to take my ham out of the slow cooker. Have a few cans of bulmers to wash it down with... Slainte

Aga again is it, the only slow cooker;
    As for the toast ....yum

• Registered Users Posts: 5,375 ✭✭✭roosterman71

5 car crash on the motorway beside us so they had to close the motorway and divert the traffic through Tyrrellspass, so parade called off
    One person killed. RIP

Was just parked up at the inlaws and beginning the walk to that parade when I got the txt about it being cancelled. Guards needed the street open for diverted traffic. Seemingly 11 injured too, 1 flown to Beaumont. There was a serious hail shower around then which probably fed into the accident.

Was just parked up at the inlaws and beginning the walk to that parade when I got the txt about it being cancelled. Guards needed the street open for diverted traffic. Seemingly 11 injured too, 1 flown to Beaumont. There was a serious hail shower around then which probably fed into the accident.

It was at the Kilbeggan offramp, I was in Kilbeggan an hour or more after the shower (for a gawk)and there was still big hailstones every where, visibility was supposed to be nil during the shower.
      Five cars absolutely wrecked

Another crash at the very same spot now....someone rubber necking I suppose

Another crash at the very same spot now....someone rubber necking I suppose

It could have been you.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Have you washed him yet

Not yet, that'll be a job for the new powerwasher!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,790 ✭✭✭Odelay

I only ever had the flu once, anything else is just a cold. By Christ it knocked me. Like your daughter I slept for several days straight, couldn’t tell which way was up.
      Thank god for mammy, don’t know what I’d do if I got it now as I live alone and far away from anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,185 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

I do not think 21 year olds should be getting the flu injection. In a way that is why she has got such a bad dose as she has no immunity.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 3,790 ✭✭✭Odelay

I do not think 21 year olds should be getting the flu injection. In a way that is why she has got such a bad dose as she has no immunity.

I understood the flu jab gave them immunity by exposing them to it?

• Advertisement

Proper flu is a horrid dose.

One of our kids got swine flu when it was going. It was hard work.
      Youngest lad got it here too, he was only 1, he picked it up in the waiting room in the doctors while waiting for his mmr jab :rolleyes: He was so sick

This discussion has been closed.
    Advertisement