Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The term Feminazi

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,608 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

The femine was a bad time in Irish history

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Are they Nazis now?

0xmwcd.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

But who are the actual Nazis?

The feminists - Herwomann Göring and, I don't know, Adolf Clitler. Haven't you been paying attention?

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

kneemos wrote: »
    Femafia.

Sounds like an x factor style quartet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

My favourite thing about the term 'feminazi' is that it's thrown around as a silencing tactic by the kind of sad fucks who burst into tears at the idea of an actual Nazi being denied their right to free thpeech.

Eh, it's a mixed bag. It's absolutely used a silencing tactic, but it can be thrown out by people legitimating calling people a 'bad feminist', or it can be used to label all feminists.

Personally I just avoid anyone who uses words like it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Conservatory

Nah, it's mainly used by cry-**** MRA types on the internet when someone says something that bothers them.

Sure. Can I give you my spin on it.

There are three types of feminazi.

Type 1; they smell abit unappealing to men. There is just an odd smell off them that men don’t find appealing. This makes them angry because they never got any male attention through life and don’t know they have an odd smell. It’s like Darwin stuff where Mother Nature is warning us not to make them fall pregnant with your baby.

Type 2; Lesbians, sometime in their teenage years their best friend that they had feelings for but didn’t know got with a man and then stopped hanging out with them. This broke their heart and now their life quest is to stop any women going with men. Some of them still don’t know they are gay and would probably stop all the horse crap if they realized

Type 3; attention seeking privileged college girls who just want to be part of something and want attention. They might hang on to a poetry book about vaginas when they grow up but mainly will become a good wife once they get a nice husband and fall pregnant.

If a feminazi thinks she isn’t any of these she is type 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

But who are the actual Nazis?

Nazi is to the modern left what commie was to a 1950’s yank right winger. Anybody who isn’t quite with their philosophy.

As for the feminazi term, it’s pretty stupid too as is all overuse of Nazi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

The feminists - Herwomann Göring and, I don't know, Adolf Clitler. Haven't you been paying attention?

Adolf Clitler is absolutely superb

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

But isnt she just an extreme version of one side?
    Thinking they are funny but in reality just uses insults as a way of attempting to get her point across and is good at neither

I'd like to hear her collection of anecdotes about how she has been oppressed, etc throughout her life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Carry

Sure. Can I give you my spin on it.

There are three types of feminazi.

Type 1; they smell abit unappealing to men. There is just an odd smell off them that men don’t find appealing. This makes them angry because they never got any male attention through life and don’t know they have an odd smell. It’s like Darwin stuff where Mother Nature is warning us not to make them fall pregnant with your baby.

Type 2; Lesbians, sometime in their teenage years their best friend that they had feelings for but didn’t know got with a man and then stopped hanging out with them. This broke their heart and now their life quest is to stop any women going with men. Some of them still don’t know they are gay and would probably stop all the horse crap if they realized

Type 3; attention seeking privileged college girls who just want to be part of something and want attention. They might hang on to a poetry book about vaginas when they grow up but mainly will become a good wife once they get a nice husband and fall pregnant.

If a feminazi thinks she isn’t any of these she is type 1

No.
    Try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Adolf Clitler is absolutely superb

How about Ho Chi Minge.

How about Ho Chi Minge.

Hoo chei minge..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

This post has been deleted.

Carry wrote: »
    No.
    Try again.

It’s like a stale smell that women can’t smell just men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

My favourite thing about the term 'feminazi' is that it's thrown around as a silencing tactic by the kind of sad fucks who burst into tears at the idea of an actual Nazi being denied their right to free thpeech.

Because the Left aren't so quick to throw out nazi imagery to silence anyone. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Never met a good looking one

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Nah, it's mainly used by cry-**** MRA "feminist" types on the internet when someone says something that bothers them.
    Works both ways.

Adolf Clitler. :D:D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

But isnt she just an extreme version of one side?

You'd like to think so but more and more we are seeing that these lunatics are not just the Chanty Binx kind and are actually well educated women in positions of influence.

For example, a professor of sociology and editor of the gender studies journal Signs (Suzanna Danuta Walters) recently wrote the following in the Washington Post (full cringe inducing nonsense article can be read here):

Why can’t we hate men?

Seen in this indisputably true context, it seems logical to hate men. I can’t lie, I’ve always had a soft spot for the radical feminist smackdown, for naming the problem in no uncertain terms.

So, in this moment, here in the land of legislatively legitimated toxic masculinity, is it really so illogical to hate men? For all the power of #MeToo and #TimesUp and the women’s marches, only a relatively few men have been called to task, and I’ve yet to see a mass wave of prosecutions or even serious recognition of wrongdoing.

On the contrary, cries of “witch hunt” and the plotted resurrection of celebrity offenders came quick on the heels of the outcry over endemic sexual harassment and violence. But we’re not supposed to hate them because . . . #NotAllMen.

I love Michelle Obama as much as the next woman, but when they have gone low for all of human history, maybe it’s time for us to go all Thelma and Louise and Foxy Brown on their collective butts.

So men, if you really are #WithUs and would like us to not hate you for all the millennia of woe you have produced and benefited from, start with this: Lean out so we can actually just stand up without being beaten down. Pledge to vote for feminist women only.

Don’t run for office. Don’t be in charge of anything. Step away from the power. We got this. And please know that your crocodile tears won’t be wiped away by us anymore. We have every right to hate you. You have done us wrong. #BecausePatriarchy.

It is long past time to play hard for Team Feminism. And win.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,265 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Chewbacca wrote: »
    I always thought it was unfair that the Nazi's were linked to the feminists.

Poor Nazi's

I thought it was unfair they were linked with poor grammar....

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

You'd like to think so but more and more we are seeing that these lunatics are not just the Chanty Binx kind and are actually well educated women in positions of influence.

For example, a professor of sociology and editor of the gender studies journal Signs (Suzanna Danuta Walters) recently wrote the following in the Washington Post (full cringe inducing nonsense article can be read here):

Sounds like a type 2

On an unrelated note, on a different board I use, someone used the phrase "Adminazi" to describe one of the owners. Don;t know if it was deserved or not, but made me laugh...

Is "Feminazi" unique to online as I've never met a person in real life who uses that word or indeed one who subscribes to this whole "Poor male victims of assertive women" codswallop that has an extraordinary life of its own on Boards.ie.

It's beyond me where this "victimhood" came from, but perhaps when girls started to do better than boys in many school academic subjects?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Yeah, I see Charlotte Proudman was dubbed Gal Qaeda a few years back for what was perceived to be an overreaction to a compliment a work colleague made about her linkedin pic.

'Proudman' is a terrible surname for a feminist. She should legally change it to 'Fuckyoumansplainer' or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,357 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I like the term Mangina brigade for the male feminists who get offended on behalf of women. Gives me a giggle.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Is "Feminazi" unique to online as I've never met a person in real life who uses that word...

Well, I bet you've never met a person who uses the word 'incel' in their day to day language either but yet it didn't stop you using it recently on the LON thread.
    ..or indeed one who subscribes to this whole "Poor male victims of assertive women" codswallop...

Assertive women =/= feminazis for heaven sake :p Where are you getting this stuff from?

If that article has been written by a real human being and not some character that has been made up online in an attempt to over exaggerate a feminist viewpoint- then society is f*cked!

Honestly, no side that has someone like that speaking on their behalf can be taken seriously- about anything.

Is "Feminazi" unique to online as I've never met a person in real life who uses that word or indeed one who subscribes to this whole "Poor male victims of assertive women" codswallop that has an extraordinary life of its own on Boards.ie.

It's beyond me where this "victimhood" came from, but perhaps when girls started to do better than boys in many school academic subjects?

No, I've come across it a few times in real life. Have a friend who was called it once (unfairly) because she refused to accept that she should dress more conservatively when she went out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

No, I've come across it a few times in real life. Have a friend who was called it once (unfairly) because she refused to accept that she should dress more conservatively when she went out.

I don't believe that. it doesn't even make sense :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Actually girls have being outperforming boys in academia for as long as anyone can remember, in my school, back in the 80s it was explained that girls were smarter than boys...

This is proper gender inequality, girls get a leg up in life because our testing systems suits a mentality that has to read and regurgitate...which girls are more prolific at than boys evidently (unless you are bat **** crazy enough to believe that girls are smarter than boys).

It just goes to show then how little that particular ability serves in the wider work environment, when a much more diverse range of personality traits are required to succeed.

Advertisement