Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Women’s Rugby

• 11-06-2018 7:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I am trying to find an innovative way to tell girls and women about rugby on the Northside of Dublin.

There is a HUGE region of girls / women wih a sporting education - many of whom don’t continue in sport at all.

Keeping girls / women in sport is very important and rugby may be something they haven’t tried.

If anyone has ideas I’d love to hear them!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,408 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

When you say tell them about rugby presumably you mean get them playing?
    I’m sure you know this but tag/tip are the gateway drug. Realistically you probably need to hit the primary schools and do sessions along with getting some teachers involved/trained but again I’d imagine you know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Rugbycoach10

salmocab wrote: »
    When you say tell them about rugby presumably you mean get them playing?
    I’m sure you know this but tag/tip are the gateway drug. Realistically you probably need to hit the primary schools and do sessions along with getting some teachers involved/trained but again I’d imagine you know that.

Thanks Salmo.

Yep that’s true and very effective. I was thinking in the wider space beyond the reaches of the traditional CCRO and also targeting school leavers, students and older.

The fall of in women’s sports is astounding. Furthermore girls have usually played something in school so have some physical literacy.

Rugby is so untapped on most of the Northside it would seem there must be thousands of potential players without any awareness the opportunity exists to try rugby.

I’m eager to reach out to this mass of 18-30 year olds (or older) and say “here - try this” and perhaps some will love it.

...but how to reach them!

• Subscribers Posts: 41,822 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Advertisement