Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VtM Part Two - The Owl's Debt

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Necrominus wrote: »
    'Wherever you wish, my dear. I do not know these lands.'
    "Alright, well we'll have to get a tram to head to the Seat of Golden Tears..."

She looks around.

"Ah! There's the sign, alright come on follow me..."

She leads him out of the train station, up a flight of cobbled stairs that give off a strange smoke when stepped on and out into the city.

The amount of people is hard to take in. Certainly millions on this one large street alone.

She turns off to the right, they walk through a side street with a strange architecture. Wood houses and saunas in the open. Meaty meals with thick sauces being served in the street. One language adorns the shop windows.

"A cultured street, the place where one ethnic group gather, don't know who, but here is the tram..."

At the end of the street, next to a café serving a variety of coffees, the tram sits out on the street, no tracks.

Lysander's companion jumps on.

"Come on..." she shouts.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lysander heads towards the tram and steps on board.

The tram is quite empty, as Lysander steps on through the door facing him, he sees his companion step out the door opposite, at their destination.

They seem to be on an island, a few miles from Stygia itself.

The only thing here is a strange building with a transparent front, fatter at the top than the bottom. Inside people walk around on the walls and ceilings. In essence like watching a maze that was lifted and put on its side.

"Well, there is the Seat of Golden Tears, home of the Begger Lord"

OOC: Lysander knows the name from his training with Catalda. The Begger Lord is the ruler of all the dead who either don't know how they died or had a complex death that doesn't fit under other types

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

'Interesting place. I wonder does he take audiences. One way to find out I suppose.'

Lysander follows his companion off the tram and makes for the building.

'Interesting place. I wonder does he take audiences. One way to find out I suppose.'

Lysander follows his companion off the tram and makes for the building.
    As he approaches the door, Lysander senses many of the dead within the building had vampiric deaths.

He's not sure how he knows this, but his Vitae tells him it is so. This place has a large well of souls to draw on, he can feel his Vitae tugging on them, almost as if he could command them. The dead can walk the world of the living, anyone of this kind could be a silent observer, a unique spy. His beast whispers these possibilities to him.

Standing before the door, he feels a strong mental presence. It doesn't speak in words, but it is saying he doesn't belong.

• Advertisement

Lysander pushes on through the door. The power within is too tempting to ignore.

Lysander pushes on through the door. The power within is too tempting to ignore.
    He pushes open the door and as he does all those in the corridor he enters turn to look at him.

The doors to other rooms lie up high on the walls. Strangely some open when Lysander steps in, eight in total. Each revealing a room with a single person with bite marks on their neck.

Eight vampiric victims.

Then he nearly faints as a voice thunders in his head.

"NO!"

He is pushed into the air, off the island, far into the sky. He flies miles above Stygia, hits the black sky and punctures through it into the Tempest.

Lethal to a ghost, the Tempest's 'lost memories' do no damage to Lysander as he flies up through them, eventually hitting a hard concrete barrier.

The force pushing him pushes even harder until he eventually smashes through and up through the floor of the LAX international airport. The hole seals back up with concrete and the force lets go, dropping him on the airport floor.

As he looks up, he sees that three of the souls have been sent with him. Not purposefully, they seem attached to him now by some sort of red ribbon.

Then colour pours back into the world, he shifts back to the land of the living. The hustle and bustle of the airport at night filling his ears.

He is left with the understanding, he doesn't know how, that he will not cross the Tempest again or be destroyed if he tries. However, he has his three new friends.

Lysander looks around him to see if anyone has noticed his sudden reappearance.

If not, he dusts himself down and reaches out to his three new companions.

'Who are you?'

Lysander looks around him to see if anyone has noticed his sudden reappearance.

If not, he dusts himself down and reaches out to his three new companions.

'Who are you?'
    OOC: Rouse check

Lysander reaches out into the Land of the Dead with his mind, carefully burning his Vitae to provide the magic necessary to break the veil.

"Hello? Lysander right?" a voice responds. American. African-American.

• Advertisement

Fourier wrote: »
    Lysander reaches out into the Land of the Dead with his mind, carefully burning his Vitae to provide the magic necessary to break the veil.

"Hello? Lysander right?" a voice responds. American. African-American.

'Hello... friend I think? What is your name?'

"Sarah...so you are related to my death some how. Here in LA. How did we get sent back here?"

"Sarah...so you are related to my death some how. Here in LA. How did we get sent back here?"

'Truthfully, I do not know. I entered the palace housing the Seat of Golden Tears, and was suddenly thrust back from the afterlife.

May I ask... how did you die... and do you know the identity of your killer?'

'Truthfully, I do not know. I entered the palace housing the Seat of Golden Tears, and was suddenly thrust back from the afterlife.

May I ask... how did you die... and do you know the identity of your killer?'
    "Went to a party sixty years ago. When I woke up some massive guy in a reaper outfit was cutting me out of a cocoon on the other side. I just had bite marks on my neck"

OOC: The dead always arrive in a cocoon. Reapers are souls whose job it is to cut open the cocoon

"Went to a party sixty years ago. When I woke up some massive guy in a reaper outfit was cutting me out of a cocoon on the other side. I just had bite marks on my neck"

OOC: The dead always arrive in a cocoon. Reapers are souls whose job it is to cut open the cocoon

'Interesting. We should explore this later. For now though...'

Lysander makes for his car and leaves the airport. He calls Cock Robin.

'Where is this meeting and has it started yet? I am back, and on my way.'

"Starting in an hour kid, but...you've been gone for a day, I tried to ring, where were you?"

Fourier wrote:
    "Starting in an hour kid, but...you've been gone for a day, I tried to ring, where were you?"

'Travelled as far as Stygia. Long story, will explain later. I'm on my way.'

Lysander pulls out from the airport and makes towards the meeting location.

'Travelled as far as Stygia. Long story, will explain later. I'm on my way.'

Lysander pulls out from the airport and makes towards the meeting location.
    Lysander heads to Santa Monica, driving past the pier and looking out toward the beach.

PFXkt7.jpg

He then turns off onto a parking lot near the beach, just in front of the asylum club.

RxMgN8.jpg

The place is famous. It and Chicago's Succubus club are the premier Kindred night clubs. The Succubus is still an exclusive single joint, but the Asylum has spread into a franchise across America and Europe. However this is the original.

The meeting is beginning as Lysander sees Louis Fortier pull up and give him a salute through his Limosine window.

Lysander steps out of his car and returns the salute from Louis with a wave. He makes for the door of the club and waits for Louis to catch up with him.

Lysander steps out of his car and returns the salute from Louis with a wave. He makes for the door of the club and waits for Louis to catch up with him.
    A gangrel, who has used his Vitae to pump up his muscles, mans the door. The thick red veins of the Potency discipline obvious, even from a distance.

"Who are you the bouncer asks"

Louis catches up.

"Want to use my clout or your own, don't want to step on your toes my friend...if I'm right about the meeting I need to start taking you more seriously"

• Advertisement

A gangrel, who has used his Vitae to pump up his muscles, mans the door. The thick red veins of the Potency discipline obvious, even from a distance.

"Who are you the bouncer asks"

Louis catches up.

"Want to use my clout or your own, don't want to step on your toes my friend...if I'm right about the meeting I need to start taking you more seriously"

Vrakrash smiles.

'Perhaps, but nothing is certain right now, aside from your own standing. Might be best for you to deal with this, the bouncer will learn his place in time.'

"This is Lysander Karpov, a valued Ventrue vassal, let him in"

The bouncer looks embaraased.

"Of course, sorry Primogen Fortier"

"Quite alright my boy"

As they enter the music is pumping. Louis shouts.

"Still the most popular Kindred nightclub in LA, though the second Asylum in Hollywood is pretty well attended these days"

"This is Lysander Karpov, a valued Ventrue vassal, let him in"

The bouncer looks embaraased.

"Of course, sorry Primogen Fortier"

"Quite alright my boy"

As they enter the music is pumping. Louis shouts.

"Still the most popular Kindred nightclub in LA, though the second Asylum in Hollywood is pretty well attended these days"

'Of course, but I tend to find - original means best. I am of the belief that maintaining originality is always tantamount. Change can sometimes not be a good thing. That applies to all aspects of life.'

He nods knowingly at Louis.

'Of course, but I tend to find - original means best. I am of the belief that maintaining originality is always tantamount. Change can sometimes not be a good thing. That applies to all aspects of life.'

He nods knowingly at Louis.
    "Hmmm, a man of sensitive aesthetics, You're sure you're not a Toreador or Ventrue?" he says with a smile.

He motions toward the bar.

"What can I get you? Lawyer? Judge? I assume legal blood given your background"

"Hmmm, a man of sensitive aesthetics, You're sure you're not a Toreador or Ventrue?" he says with a smile.

He motions toward the bar.

"What can I get you? Lawyer? Judge? I assume legal blood given your background"

Lysander nods.

'Lawyer sounds just about right for me, nothing to high above my current station.'

He follows Louis to the bar.

Lysander nods.

'Lawyer sounds just about right for me, nothing to high above my current station.'

He follows Louis to the bar.
    "Modesty, not a Toreador then" he laughs.

He orders a Laywer and Tech CEO.

Handing Lysander his drink, he speaks more quietly.

"They say our clans are twins. We are concerned with power for its social standing and prestige. You however are concerned with power for its own sake.

Your thoughts on these stereotypes?"

"Modesty, not a Toreador then" he laughs.

He orders a Laywer and Tech CEO.

Handing Lysander his drink, he speaks more quietly.

"They say our clans are twins. We are concerned with power for its social standing and prestige. You however are concerned with power for its own sake.

Your thoughts on these stereotypes?"

Lysander sips at his drink.

'Power for it's own sake is pointless. Why rise higher than you have allies to assist you retain your position?

Even early generations would not retain their domains for long without support from those around them.

Exactly why I left my own kin, and joined the Camarilla. Most of my own kind do not see the flaws in rising the ranks without any allies.

As for your own clan.. I do feel our interests align much more solidly with my beliefs.

So... I suppose - the stereotypes would be true - but much more dependant on the character of the Kindred, rather than their actual clan.'

He sips again.

'If that makes sense. I can be long winded, some say over dramatic at times.'

"Not at all" Louis says musing.

"I hope you see me as an ally in the nights to come Lysander. It will benefit us both"

A man dressed in bizarre polka dot clothing walks over, wearing a top hat and carrying a cane. Louis rolls his eyes. From the smell of his blood Lysander can tell he is a ghoul.

"Meeting soon, Kaloo Kalay! When you are ready simply follow this way!"

He gestures to the elevator next to the bar.

"Not at all" Louis says musing.

"I hope you see me as an ally in the nights to come Lysander. It will benefit us both"

A man dressed in bizarre polka dot clothing walks over, wearing a top hat and carrying a cane. Louis rolls his eyes. From the smell of his blood Lysander can tell he is a ghoul.

"Meeting soon, Kaloo Kalay! When you are ready simply follow this way!"

He gestures to the elevator next to the bar.

'And you, I - Louis. I feel it could be mutually beneficial.'

He drains his drink.

'Shall we?'

He rises and waits for Louis before following him towards the elevator.

• Advertisement

Louis stands with him and they head to the lift. Louis is about to press the button when the ghoul turns.

"Don't won't do, you can't press the button, the Mistress said it must be the glutton"

Louis looks sharply at Lysander.

"That's quite a strong accusation ghoul. I would kill you on the spot, but I defer to Mr Karpov"

OOC: Glutton is local slang for a Kindred who kills his victims in a Masquerade threatening way

Advertisement