Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene IV(a) - The Dead in Osinzir

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

OldGoat wrote: »
    "A race, huh? Alright, I'll go see what they are looking for. A little advantage might lead to a little extra coin from a gamblers purse for me.
    Nice dress by the way, lovely silloette, it hangs well and you make it look good. I might get one just like it."

Mags marches up to the main door of the mansion, turns, waves to the crowd (irrespective of whether they are watching or not) then goes into the lobby.
    Mags enters the lobby and sees Retula looking at a box.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Fourier wrote: »
    On the back of the box the man stands with four boys and a woman in some kind of wheat field. From the images he seems normal sized.

The disk is reflective, Retula can clearly see her face in it. When angled correctly in the light there is a slight rainbow like effect on its surface.

Opening the box shows a grove that clearly is meant to hold the disk.

"Oooooh rainbows! Pretty! Ok, maybe it's not all doom and gloom, it could be a happy chair"
    Prk prk prk!
    "Don't be smug. Sure, let's do this."
    She pops disc into the box and sits in the chair, ensuring she has the cans and opener handy.

And then notices Mags.

"Drummer boy?

What the absolute arwenassa are you doing here?"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

"Off all the planes and all the stars somehow we meet up again. Call it fate, call it destiny, call it kismet, we are destined to be together!
    Or it was just coincidence.
    Anyway, good to see you again."
    Mags goes into detail about wandering around, getting lost, finding a porttal and the audience outside the mansion.

"...and I've been asked to tell you that the golden dragons would like to have a chat."
    So, whats in the box?"

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

"I'll bet they do. Remember the dwarves, little dudes, worshipped another little dude who boned-n-owned a gold dragon, you know - those guys who wanted to get their little fimbrethili inside anything and everything with a heart beat? Had to kill them. I'm sure there's some kind of code says the dragons have to seduce and kill me back. That's how these things work isn't it? Oh, the warlock with the stretchy arms is dead too. Her house exploded in her pocket. Left the immersion on, I think. There's a lesson in there for us all. The devil guy went missing too. Last I saw he headed off into the jungle - I thought he was going back to the Dwarves or the inn, or maybe following you. I guess not?

Did you find the singer in the end?

Anyway, I'm like on a mission from god an' stuff? I have to put my unique talents for drinking tea and sploding things to work fixing the mortality rate around here. I have so much caffeine in my system right now? There's some kind of race, haven't really found out much about it but it's in 2 days and if I win... actually I don't know what happens, but like winning a race - isn't that reward enough? Totes! And you have to meet Death, I swear, if I hadn't been 6 feet under a graveyard already I'd have had to send a pidgeon to tell a funeral director to dig a hole and get a small coffin ready because like I literally died oh my queenie-i-oh! I think he might be a chick or a 'maphri but like it totally doesn't matter, right?

In the box? A disc. I just put it there. Don't know what it does, but I'm sure I'll be regretting it in a couple of minutes - you might want to stand clear. In case I transform into bird seed or shrink down into a tiny little sparrow-rider, Hetyaro said there's something interesting upstairs in the panther room. Oh, and here, I owe you 80gp - those sneaky dwarves had it! And if I die and he's still there, take that boring brown horse."

She whispers theatrically :
    "He's really a unicorn! Shhhhhhhhhhh!"

Banjo wrote: »
    She pops disc into the box and sits in the chair, ensuring she has the cans and opener handy.

Looking sheepish, Retula gets up.
    "Ok, so it's just a fugly uncomfortable chair. I mean reaaaaaally uncomfortable, feels like I was stuck in it for days and it's only been a minute. Never mind. Not everything can be an exciting gateway to adventure and tentacle hell. Let's see what that thing in the bedroom is and get moving."

So she does.

• Advertisement

She seems unable to stand up from the chair. Rising only a few inches off, it is as if carrying a ton weight on her neck, she collapses back down.

Three beings made of shadow appear. They are eight feet tall and humanoid.

"What do you want to eat Master?" they ask Retula.

"Such a loaded question. At least it's 'what' not 'who' - oh, sorry, look at me judging shadow creature's on appearances, I'm such a hypocrite, sorry. Tell me, muh'dude, what is on offer and what is the price of the meal?"

"No price, just the canned food. We go to the kitchen, prepare something from it and feed it to you. You do whatever you want from that chair."

".....and if I'm not hungry?"

• Advertisement

".....and if I'm not hungry?"
    "Enjoy starving to death you disgusting material"

"DON'T YOU USE THE M- WORD WITH ME, YOU ZEKYL-FART! I dance with the shadows, I glide through the gloom, I perambulate through the penumbra! I may be a little intangibly-challenged by your standards, but don't you DARE lump me in with those bread baking village builders!

You know what? **** you!"
    She puts her feet up on the box the disk is in.
    "Go make me a sandwich!"

The shadows pause.

"She smells of...the Shadowfell...in the employ of the Queen. We apologise"

They bow releasing the spell on the chair.

"Does this mean there's no sandwich?" She asks after exsconsing herself.

"So.... I don't get it. People come in, they sit on the chair, they're trapped, they hate you, you hate them and you have to feed them. Who gets anything out of this? Is it the chair? Is it just mad for the buttcheeks n you guys are cursed to serve it?

What's in the cans? I don't recognise the writing?

Do you guys know anything about a 'booster' hidden in this house?"

Did you find the singer in the end?

Anyway, I'm like on a mission from god an' stuff?

Hetyaro said there's something interesting upstairs in the panther room.

"Naa, singer was elusive, I only heard the song. I eventually stumbled into a portal that lead me here.

Mission from god? Reminds me of a ballad I once heard:
    #It's 106 miles to Zinser, we've got a horse full of oats, half a pack of hobbitweed, it's dark and we're wearing stainedglasses.#

(OOC Bardic inspiration on Banjo on whatever rolls he needs for the next while. The 10 minute time frame of Bardic Inspiration is a bit redundant in this game format though so I'll leave it to Fourier to manipulate the timespace continuem to his hearts desire)

Right, I'm off upstairs to have a look at this panther room. Shout if you get in trouble."

OOC : Aw shucks. Guidance on Mags. It's a roll-boosting love-in!

Mags feels a surge of added power and he faintly hears the strains of "The Infernal Galop" giving him guidance. He high steps his way to the stairs and ascend them.

(Thank you Mr. Offenbach)

"Does this mean there's no sandwich?" She asks after exsconsing herself.
    "You can still have one if you want...I suppose" the largest shadow says looking at the others confused.

"We've never let somebody out before"
    "So.... I don't get it. People come in, they sit on the chair, they're trapped, they hate you, you hate them and you have to feed them. Who gets anything out of this? Is it the chair? Is it just mad for the buttcheeks n you guys are cursed to serve it?
    "We're cursed to attend to the chair, by the Lich that brought us here and bound us. The chair is inanimate, it craves little.

However the oath of creatures of the Shadow to the Raven Queen and her power over us is stronger than any binding a mage or lich may place."
    What's in the cans? I don't recognise the writing?
    "Nothing strange, food of various sorts. The writing is from another plane"
    Do you guys know anything about a 'booster' hidden in this house?"
    "It's upstairs somewhere"

Mags feels a surge of added power and he faintly hears the strains of "The Infernal Galop" giving him guidance. He high steps his way to the stairs and ascend them.
    The stairs lead him up to a long corridor, with two doors on its Southern side.

"We're cursed to attend to the chair, by the Lich that brought us here and bound us. The chair is inanimate, it craves little.

However the oath of creatures of the Shadow to the Raven Queen and her power over us is stronger than any binding a mage or lich may place."

"Yeah, she's a super lady, that Rayray.

Wow. So what happens to the disgusting Materials who get stuck in the chair?

And if I smash the chair, are you free to go?"

• Advertisement

"Pretty much, they starve to death eventually when we run out of food, unless they figure out the trick. Anyway, please yes, destroy the chair"

"I'll definitely consider it.

What's the trick?

And what does the Lich get out of this?"

"It's his duty to adjudicate the race, his binding task is to design a puzzle."

"wuh? The chair is tied to the race? How does eating cans of ghost chum tie into the race? Ah I knew I should have asked more questions before I agreed to this.

Look, I tried to be friendly but you're talking in riddles and making me work for information. You don't want my help. Have fun catering for your next chump. I'm keeping the can opener."

She follows Mags upstairs.

"Wait, wait.....he is bound here, made to form a puzzle so that people earn the booster, that's the condition of his summoning.

The puzzle he made, is this chair and escaping from it."

"Summoned? Bound? Duty? Those aren't big boss words. Those are servant words. So if the Lich is binding you, who's binding him?"

"The Osinzir council, via a centuries old spell."

"see this is why I don't do politics. Makes me tear my hair out. I'mma check out upstairs but Ill catch you on the flip side, don't worry - we 'Fellers gotta stick together. Spooks before mooks, n all that."
    Kakraaaw!
    "Don't worry, it's still rooks before spooks. Settle down!"

Up she goes, keeping an eye out for anything big, heavy and smashy along with the usual traps and doors.

"Which side of the house was the panther room on?"

The stairs lead him up to a long corridor, with two doors on its Southern side.
    After doing his damnedest to find any traps or sekrets Mags knocks loudly on the first door.
    "Hello, room service, need any clean towels?"
    If there is no answer he tries opening the door for a look inside.

• Advertisement

After doing his damnedest to find any traps or sekrets Mags knocks loudly on the first door.
    "Hello, room service, need any clean towels?"
    If there is no answer he tries opening the door for a look inside.
    He enters a cloak room with a single cloak hanging on the hook. A faint distorted song comes from the cloak that only a bard could hear. It makes Mags feel queasy.

Advertisement