Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Islamophobia.

Options
  • 05-06-2018 7:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭

What does this term even mean surely a phobia is a irrational fear there's nothing irrational about fearing an intolerant medieval totalitarian ideology which persecutes non believers why isn't the term Christianphobia applied to criticism of Christianity the way it is with Islam despite it also being a belief system .The fact is its perfectly reasonable to oppose totalitarian ideologies such as islam the same as communism and fascism so why does the left get up in arms if you say anything negative about islam even though its simply a set of beliefs which justifiable comes under intense scrutiny for its medieval world outlook.

Comments

A phobia is by definition an irrational fear. I stopped there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I presume when you get out into the world and have to pay your own bills 'the threat of the Muslims' and obsession with identity politics goes way down the list of priorities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Conservatory

Look when all the oriental lads started going to America after their war over there they had this trouble.
    When all the Russians and Germans went to America after that war they had that trouble.
    When all the black people got kidnapped from that war(?) they had that trouble.

Oh no they have more babies they will overcome us.

The Kardashians and Kanye will corrupt these fundamentalists children. Most Islamic people are like catholic people here they couldn’t give a toss after a generation or two.

The boys out bombing are just the loser dregs that would shoot up a school if they were American or wreck a war memorial if they were Pink Floyd’s son.

Don’t be worrying so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

I presume when you get out into the world and have to pay your own bills 'the threat of the Muslims' and obsession with identity politics goes way down the list of priorities.

But its a very serious issue which you want to sweep under the carpet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭munster87

Mutant z wrote: »
    But its a very serious issue which you want to sweep under the carpet.

It’s a ticking timebomb.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

When an ideology has a serious issue with extremism and terrorism within in its ranks then it needs to be discussed burying your head in the sand wont make it go away no matter how much you may want it to.

When an ideology has a serious issue with extremism and terrorism within in its ranks then it needs to be discussed burying your head in the sand wont make it go away no matter how much you may want it to.

What about those damn communists.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,856 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

I agree.

Islam, Judaism and Christianity.

The unholy trinity of terror and extremism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Some people have little to bother them.

Keeps them occupied I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's like arachnophobia - irrational fear of spiders and other arachnids such as scorpions.

I think in neither case is the fear irrational as both have specimens that are well able to kill you.

What about those damn communists.

Indeed its an ideology responsible for mass murder and suffering thats the whole point isnt it to call out totalitarian ideologies as they really are as islam also is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

If you let a fear preoccupy your thoughts to the point of obsession, then it's a phobia.

Indeed its an ideology responsible for mass murder and suffering thats the whole point isnt it to call out totalitarian ideologies as they really are as islam also is.

Ever hear about the crusades or the Spanish Inquisition, the Magdalene laundries? the scientific experiments on babies? I have more if you have heard of them ones.

Did you know diabetes kills more people in Western Europe and America than the isis?

Why not focus your energy on that

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Diversion technique?

Perhaps you think people cannot be focused on more than one thing at the time

Ever hear about the crusades or the Spanish Inquisition, the Magdalene laundries? the scientific experiments on babies? I have more if you have heard of them ones.

Did you know diabetes kills more people in Western Europe and America than the isis?

Why not focus your energy on that

If you want to talk about that then open a thread on it but please stop trying to deflect from this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭gw80

biko wrote: »
    It's like arachnophobia - irrational fear of spiders and other arachnids such as scorpions.

I think in neither case is the fear irrational as both have specimens that are well able to kill you.
    I suppose it also depends on where you live,
    Someone who lives in ireland who has a fear of spiders its kind of irrational, but for someone living in Australia or south America its completely acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

A phobia is by definition an irrational fear. I stopped there.

Not always. Homophobia is a recognized term and no-one thinks that all homophobes are terrified of gay people.

Although I applaud the OP for bringing this up. AH needed to have a thread about muslims eventually. I'm surprised there haven't been loads.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

There is not one Iota of proof for Allah or any of the other Sky Fairies .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

gw80 wrote: »
    I suppose it also depends on where you live,
    Someone who lives in ireland who has a fear of spiders its kind of irrational, but for someone living in Australia or south America its completely acceptable.

But when you consider in Australia only one or two people die from spider bites every fifty years it just shows the people who think that or wish to influence others to think that as the scaremongering bottom feeders that they are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Just ordered some battered sausages in a chipper down the road. I'm famished so I am..

Which chipper?? I could die for some good battered sausages. The place in Raheen near Centra isn't bad. Fuscos used to be really good, but I haven't gone there in years, far more handy to go the the place in Raheen. I've heard there was a place in Ballycummin that was supposed to be frickin' amazing, not sure of the name.

Oh, Islamophobia? Couldn't give a poop. You want to practice hocus pocus nonsense, fine by me, but keep it the foop away from me, and the general public for that matter (same goes for other hocus pocus "faiths").

• Registered Users Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Just ordered some battered sausages in a chipper down the road. I'm famished so I am..

It's a tenner minimum order from my local chipper. So when I order I always have to order too much food.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭Odhinn

blinding wrote: »
    There is not one Iota of proof for Allah or any of the other Sky Fairies .

True. Have you ever heard of a statue of mohammed moving? Any cures got from any of his holy wells?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Grayson wrote: »
    Not always. Homophobia is a recognized term and no-one thinks that all homophobes are terrified of gay people.

Although I applaud the OP for bringing this up. AH needed to have a thread about muslims eventually. I'm surprised there haven't been loads.

Even when it's the bears, it's always "The Muslims".

Odhinn wrote: »
    True. Have you ever heard of a statue of mohammed moving? Any cures got from any of his holy wells?

Or bleeding from his anus????

[South Park reference]

It's when the muslims get out from under the bed and onto the bears that the end begins
    https://www.google.ie/search?q=bear+cavalry&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiNtqDSnr3bAhXpJMAKHchcBYUQ_AUICigB&biw=1536&bih=831#imgrc=gdUiytM3pJLVuM:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,257 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

ISLAMIC BEARS

isis-daycare-mascot-02.jpg?w=240

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

ISLAMIC BEARS

isis-daycare-mascot-02.jpg?w=240

This is what the left want to replace jesus in the crib with.

I'd like to replace him with a bunny rabbit to be honest. Honestly, if the world all worshipped a bunny rabbit, there would be peace!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Advertisement