Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You v Ray darcy

Options
  • 04-06-2018 2:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭

He runs a lot. Would you take him in a fight. I reckon I would but it wouldn’t be easy. Would you?

Disclaimer : if you are a 9 stone weekling or a 30 stone moderator don’t pretend that you would beat Ray Darcy in a fight he’d either over power you or run rings around you until you collapsed and kick you up the hole.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,770 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

I'd slap him about so much he'd think it's a round of applause.

If he even knows what that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,369 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I'd say he's got the strength of 0.15 Morgan Freeman's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

His tactic would be to bore you to death telling you about his Mrs and family life, he'd win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Conservatory

Arghus wrote: »
    I'd say he's got the strength of 0.15 Morgan Freeman's.

Pfffft Morgan freeman couldn’t even lift up a girls skirt. Ray Darcy could run around howth without breaking a sweat

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Zig and zag.... Now they would beat you.

Ray ???? Na

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,369 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

The man couldn't beat a stuffed Panda, even back when he was at his physical peak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Conservatory

The man couldn't beat a stuffed Panda, even back when he was at his physical peak.

You think he became a big cat in the world of media without being able to pummel a few chancers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Ted was no ordinary stuffed panda.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭realitykeeper

Ray ???? Na
    He was good on The Den, and well able to fight Ted. I don`t listen to much radio. Where are Zig and Zag these days? They were as timeless as any Muppet. I never got saorview so I am a bit remote from what happens here even though I pay the tv licence for no reason whatsoever.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

A broomstick would beat Ray

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

D'arsey is 5'4" and weighs no more than 9 stone soaking wet. Pretty sure that 95%+ of boardsters would take him.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 17,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

or a 30 stone moderator

I'm down to 26 stone. Thanks for noticing :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

I don’t know.....he does eat a lot of porridge. It all depends if he can come down off his moral high horse long enough for the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Who’d win in a fight between Zig & Zag and Jedward though?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

He looks pretty trim does our Ray - I'd say Ray's a nice lad to have a drink and a chat with - just can't stand to watch him interview people , it's so bad.

Radio is 'decent' tho..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,934 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I've things to be doing other than hitting people, leave that to the immature

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Ray? I could beat. Zig and Zag? I could beat.

Zuppy? Would kick my ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I'd take him on in a 5k.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Sweep the leg

Won't be doing many marathons after that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

I don’t know. He eats porridge every morning and used to play rugby, he doesn’t like to talk about it so I’m sure this is news to everyone. He’d be no pushover.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I reckon Ray would go low and try and clamp your legs, and just hold you there indefinitely!

I’d say he’d also do some weird stuff like trying to pin you down in weird positions.

You might think Ray would be a pushover but I’d say he could surprise a lot of people!

There’s also be lots of awkward silence!!

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TheUnderfaker

I'd poc the head off him. Even in me heavy brogs I'm more nimble. He just hasn't got the requisite Celtic soul man.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Back in the day when used to work in an office and listened to today fm he had Des Bishop on one day I taught nothing of it obviously....

So I'm out that weekend with few mates we end up in the Sugar club in town and where out in the smoking area and well there's Des Bishop! So me and one me mates walk over start talking usual smoke area crap to him.

For some reason I end up bringing the Ray D'Arcy interview up and mentioning how much of a **** he is etc. Ohh he wasn't pleased at all haha.

So five minutes or so of this passes and where being told to leave the smoking area and me mate gets a kick in the arse off Mr Bishop himself.

So ya I guess someone obviously likes him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Excellent AH bank holiday Monday thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

It would take less than an 8 bit video game character like Mario to best Ray.

Some 2 bit fecker more like.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

I don’t know. He eats porridge every morning and used to play rugby, he doesn’t like to talk about it so I’m sure this is news to everyone. He’d be no pushover.

Isn't he also from Kildare ?

I think he mentioned that once on his show ....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

You think he became a big cat in the world of media without being able to pummel a few chancers?

Tis true. I took many a lump

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Tis true. I took many a lump

Oh I thought you said dump

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Friends of mine just moved into Ray's old house in Sandyford. It has a raised marble bath on a pedestal in the corner upstairs.

You couldn't put anything past a man who would install a raised marble bath on a pedestal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Friends of mine just moved into Ray's old house in Sandyford. It has a raised marble bath on a pedestal in the corner upstairs.

You couldn't put anything past a man who would install a raised marble bath on a pedestal.

I bet he used to sit in it as it was overflowing while eating Cadbury's flake.

Advertisement