Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Bed, with Stephen Fry reading me Sherlock Holmes the definitive collection. I am struggling to think where I would rather be!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

It's a ground breaking day here. I have to take the young fella to mass, expect thunder clouds.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Close to finishing work, going to make a little breakfast in bed for herself and have a good sleep all going well..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,891 ✭✭✭gifted

Awake...I don't want to be awake....you listening eye lids???.......I said I don't want to be awake.......I want to be in dream land......where I'm perfect ..lol lol

Morning everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

In bed, final few moments are always the nicest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

In my hotel room, last few hours here today, so out and enjoy the sunshine :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

It's sunny out but yikes I had to wrap up a bit. Wasn't as cold in the middle of the night!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,097 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@witchie.... do you have to touch nuts or just breath in the particles? Can you wear a mask? What is the impact on your health if you come into contact? With 300 people onboard an aircraft with recirculated air, its pretty impossible to have a totally clean environment, especially when people don't speak English or Arabic and may not understand any instructions asking them not to eat nuts. As for the comment about the EPI pen, never expect an airline to carry something like that. If you need it, bring it.
    Unfortunately it also happens to be Qatar airlines.
    Good Luck tomorrow. I will be landing in Terminal 1 around 10am, so I might wander upstairs and see if you attracted the news cameras :)

Day 6 in Abisko Sweden, this place really lived up to its reputation as we saw the Aurora 5 nights out of 5, some were better than others, but there is something sublime about sitting in freezing weather watching the skies surrounded by people who respect the event and speak in whispers, no music, no fires, just you and the skies. Not sure if I would come here in Jan/Feb/Mar as it would be super cold and snow covered, but right now was perfect.

Next stop, Arlanda airport, Stockholm.

Breakfast made, delivered to delighted OH.. Pat on back for tired Grem..

• Advertisement

To bed!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Autosport wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that Witchie, hopefully they will see sense and let you travel. Wouldn't the flight attendants be first aid trained? They surely have an epipen or do you have your own? Fingers crossed for you Hun xxx

Thank you. X

I carry 2 at all time and am able to administer them myself.
    smurfjed wrote: »
    @witchie.... do you have to touch nuts or just breath in the particles? Can you wear a mask? What is the impact on your health if you come into contact? With 300 people onboard an aircraft with recirculated air, its pretty impossible to have a totally clean environment, especially when people don't speak English or Arabic and may not understand any instructions asking them not to eat nuts. As for the comment about the EPI pen, never expect an airline to carry something like that. If you need it, bring it.
    Unfortunately it also happens to be Qatar airlines.
    Good Luck tomorrow. I will be landing in Terminal 1 around 10am, so I might wander upstairs and see if you attracted the news cameras :)

I have had mild reactions to airborne particles before so atmospheric is a worry on planes. I always sit in the back row so no one can eat them behind me and every airline has always requested that the 3 rows in front of me don't eat nuts. Just a small exclusion zone and I have been fine.

The effect of airborne so far has been itchiness and scratchy throat....non life threatening...so far. But then my reactions have been getting stronger. The first time I reacted to coconut it was about 2 hours before I was really ill. Last time in Bali it was about an hour. So I think it is getting more severe.

I carry a mask and would wear it but they kinda need to let me on the plane first. And they never ask or give that option. I hate wearing a mask though. Have nearly died a few times from my asthma and masks to me are associated with those scary times so freak me out and makee extra anxious but I would do it.

My biggest issue here is that I complied their policies and they are not allowing me to fly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

In bed freaking out. Big dog is showing absolutely no signs of improvement and little dog is going mad licking a spot on his back. I am starting to think there is more at play than the arthritis and am wondering if I should ring the out of hours vet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

in bed. Bit hungover. Not able for the sauce anymore. Hoping a fry up and coffee in the cafe might sort me out soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

In bed freaking out. Big dog is showing absolutely no signs of improvement and little dog is going mad licking a spot on his back. I am starting to think there is more at play than the arthritis and am wondering if I should ring the out of hours vet

Ring. It will be worth it for peace of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Just taken my dog out to chase away a noisy magpie... not heard one of them for yonks...utter glory out there; blue blue skies an d calm blue ocean... Love this place..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

In bed. Absolutely crippled :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Sitting watching gossamer trails float by the window, as they catch the sunlight. It's a lovely day out there, so going to make the most of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Shpud2 wrote: »
    In bed. Absolutely crippled :(

((HUGS)))

You remind me of me when I was younger and struggling with acute health problems. Determined to "make the most" of every moment.... paying for it later.. Friends used to shake their heads and say I had two speeds, run and stop.
    Totally unsurprising your state today! So sorry ....

@witchie..... just remind them that Sunday is a normal working day in Qatar so you won't accept the excuse that a doctor wasn't available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

smurfjed wrote: »
    @witchie..... just remind them that Sunday is a normal working day in Qatar so you won't accept the excuse that a doctor wasn't available.

I had a phone call from them about an hour and a half ago. They said that they didn't receive the certs I attached yet I got email confirmations from them and it has taken them nearly 24 hours to say that they didn't receive them. I sent them again and they bounced back again and had to resend again until they went through.

They said they would review them today. I asked if I would be able to fly tomorrow and was told that "it was unlikely". She then proceeded to tell me that they would let me know early tomorrow before my flight so that my seat can be cancelled and I won't be marked as a "no show" because then I won't have to pay the no-show extra payment for my next flight.

I told her that I was going on that flight or I was suing them and hung up.

I can't take any more of this crap. I have to pay for my new place and sign contracts on Wednesday. I have to go to the media viewing and launch of a new nightclub on Thursday night to write about it for work. They have poked the wrong bear. God help them.

Awful bad luck for you Witchie :( I hope you manage to get your flight but be careful all the same.

I don't think I need to post where I am. The same place I've been since Thursday. In the motherfücking bed!!!! Feeling hungry which is a good sign but don't have the energy to drive to shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

In bed watching the Haunting of Hill House with big dog. He’s on his side, I’m on mine and the little dog is throwing a tantrum outside

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Sat in my PJ's cosy as anything watching re-runs of the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.. Might be time to tackle some Mr. Merc shortly and perhaps a nap will follow :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Well, I was sitting here reading a book to a wee fella but he's now sound asleep and I'm unable to move without disturbing him. Typing one handed and my other arms going to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Fireside watching the racing while having a sneaky beer, spent a lovely morning out in the garden getting a nice few jobs done, takeaway for this evening's dinner I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Now bedside, not even feeling guilty it's sunny though I should. Another long week ahead, energy conservation is my excuse today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Bed. Wicked sad today, teary, thinking. Didn't think I'd be the way I am now @33.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

La.de.da wrote: »
    Bed. Wicked sad today, teary, thinking. Didn't think I'd be the way I am now @33.

Hugs La, you're one of the good ones on here
    Currently sat in schoenfelt airport .. waiting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

La.de.da wrote: »

I know that feeling... Take it easy on yourself xx

I am home in the Mammy's, new meds and too much work has me at breaking point so I went to my go to safe place. Looking forward to dinner being put in front of me and clean sheets on the bed tonight!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement