Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Economy at risk of overheating.

2»

Comments

Also you initially mentioned
    A house that costs €1m in Dublin at the moment has a possible LTV of 80%, monthly repayments of about $3k on a fixed 30-year mortgage. If one follows standard best practice a couple on a combined income of €200k can easily afford that house.

I don't think couple borrowing 4 times their combined income is the way things are done now, after the ole lessons learned from the past etc etc

https://www.centralbank.ie/financial-system/financial-stability/macro-prudential-policy/mortgage-measures

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭KingCong

Augeo wrote: »
    I think you'll find I answered that immediately

Your example was poor, badly backed up as it was based on non existing products and the latest general questions you have I never commented on or discussed with you. I presume they are rhetorical.

Do re read one of my earlier posts "It's largely meaningless as the value can fluctuate wildly.
    The repayments and likely future repayments along with income are key." You should be able to see my thoughts from there.

How about ye both just drop it and stop derailing this thread?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,538 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

KingCong wrote: »
    How about ye both just drop it and stop derailing this thread?

Stop backseat moderating. There is a report function for a reason.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Gentle bump for the latest economic report from trade Union backed Nevin Economic Research Institute which once again says Ireland is on the verge of overheating while also saying No Deal = recession.

Presumably an orderly exit will be a bit like Goldilocks with a spread sheet declaring the outlook is not too hot and hot too cold.

https://www.businessworld.ie/news-from-ireland/A-hard-Brexit-would-do-significant-damage-to-both-economies-on-the-island-572627.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,304 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

6541 wrote: »
    The Irish Economy is at risk of overheating according to many news reports today. It is true the place has the feel of a boom, everywhere is busy, a lot more money around. What I can't get my head around is it is clear we have a housing shortage and I think the OECD are blaming housing, but how is that when we have a shortage of housing ? So how does overheating correlate to housing ?

It is news reports of a report by the Nevin Economic Institute, not necessarily something we should be worrying about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Truly shocked that the trade union economic lobby group is warning that things are going to be awful if we don't only tax the well-off and leave the poor blue-collar workers alone!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭A Shropshire Lad

Geuze wrote: »
    There is a shortage of housing as way too few units have been built since 2008.

Ans still output is way below where it should be.

The housing shortage leads to escalating rents and house prices, which may lead to higher wage demands.

Not just supply. Demand has exploded in the past few years. There has been a lot on immigration to the cities, especially Dublin. Particularly more recently, non EU immigration. You would wonder do the people who hand out the Visas ever think, 'where are all these people going to live'?

Advertisement