Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Jackson - Got the time - Anthrax

Options
  • 31-05-2018 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭

Got the time was a hit for anthrax back in the day and i recall seeing the video several times on normal tv, and it was an absolute belter. The reviews of the album rated it as a top track too.
    I recall being disappointed hearing joe jackson didn't like it, but only today i read the full context of what he said and it's much more interesting.
    Jackson remarked:
    "I think it sounds kind of clumsy compared to the way we did it on the Live album. I mean, our version is really smoking. Theirs is actually slower than ours, and kind of lumpen. The way I feel about it is, Thanks for the royalties, guys."
    so i looked for the live version and he's right its f**ing savage!!

its in there somewhere

another version

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

The second live version sounds like Anthrax would do it live, but without distorted guitars?
    Persistence is a brilliant album. Waiting for a vinyl release. Attack of the Killer B's around the same time was also brilliant.

Advertisement