Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon News (Let's Go / Quest / Switch Game 2019)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,081 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

FRANCE: LAUNCH SHIPMENT FIGURES FOR POKEMON LET’S GO AND POKE BALL PLUS

https://nintendosoup.com/france-launch-shipment-figures-for-pokemon-lets-go-and-poke-ball-plus/

- 300,000 copies of Pokemon Let’s GO Pikachu
    - 300,000 copies of Pokemon Let’s GO Eevee
    - 35,000 units of the Poke Ball Plus

By comparison with other shipped and upcoming Switch games:

- 350,000 copies of Super Mario Odyssey initially shipped
    - 120,000 copies of Mario Tennis Aces
    - 80,000 copies of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
    - 30,000 copies of Octopath Traveler

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

sligeach wrote: »
    Pokn Let's Go, Pikachu & Eevee vs. Pokn Yellow - Graphics Comparison (Switch vs Game Boy)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=eD1Q9ZKlWeM

GameXplain did a great job stitching the various bits together for this graphics comparison video.

This video makes me hopeful this will be a game I'll be interested in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

I reinstalled PoGo and gave it another play yesterday. I’m honestly amazed I played it for as long as I did and put in as much effort as I did, it’s just so boring!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Only looked at the trailer just now but it seems like the pokemon equivalent of MGS Ground Zeroes.
    A token effort with pretty bare bones structure of an expected final product. I think a lot will be asking where the wild battle encounters have gone when they play this in November as associating it with Yellow is not a good idea, even trying to get the Go audience is a stretch as it's popularity peaked almost 2 years ago.
    The promise of an actual RPG next year is kinda appeasing but its what I expected this to be even if it's just a plain remake. Let's Go is neither one thing or the other.

Apparently Let’s Go will use the Online service for PvP and trading

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

So Pokemon Quest is pretty fun. Has a big Crossy Road vibe to the visuals and the mechanics are very very simple. Have hit a hump where I'm under-leveled and have no game energy to power up so into the garden I go to get some work done :)

Pokeball Plus is available to pre order on Symths website - €60

Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu & Let's Go Eevee will be playable at Nintendo's E3 booth.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

AMGer wrote: »
    Pokeball Plus is available to pre order on Symths website - €60

Jesus, glad they didn't release the Pokewalker in 2018 so. Would never be a pack in nowdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The "Lets Go" games will require an online pass for trading and online battles.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/06/pokemon_lets_go_pikachu_and_eevee_need_a_switch_online_sub_for_core_gameplay_features

Makes sense to me, but cue the "waaaaaaaaah" brigade. :)

• Advertisement

Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee needs an online subscription for key features
    To battle and trade online.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-06-06-pokemon-lets-go-pikachu-and-eevee-features-require-nintendo-switch-online-subscription

Wondering if sligeach has me on ignore.... :o

Mr E wrote: »
    Wondering if sligeach has me on ignore.... :o

Nope. Sorry, I was posting the original link and was ignoring your link. ;)

:D

Anyone expecting the Lets Go games to become a yearly series? A Let’s Go Gen 2 variant for 2019, Gen 3 for 2020 etc.

Pokemon Company CEO Says Pokemon 2019 Will Come During Second Half Of Year And More Details
    Pokémon Company CEO, Tsunekazu Ishihara, recently participated in an interview with Famitsu to talk about the upcoming Pokemon games Pokemon: Let’s Go Pikachu! and Pokemon: Let’s Go Eevee! and also Pokemon 2019. While he couldn’t say too much about the Pokemon game scheduled for next year, he did reiterate that it will come during the second half of the year and will feature brand new Pokemon. It will also feature improved visuals over any prior Pokemon title, and will be completely different from Pokemon: Let’s Go Pikachu! & Let’s Go Eevee!

https://mynintendonews.com/2018/06/06/pokemon-company-ceo-says-pokemon-2019-will-come-during-second-half-of-year-and-more-details/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,408 ✭✭✭Nollog

No poll?

I haven't played a Pokémon since black and white. I really like the idea of going back to red and blue. Would've been nice to be a new story though.

Anyway I'm probably buying it after e3

Which one though?!

Hate motion controls? Well tough $h1t, they're compulsory in Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu and Pokemon: Let’s Go, Eevee.

The Pokemon Company clarifies that the Let’s Go games have compulsory motion controls for catching Pokemon

https://nintendoeverything.com/the-pokemon-company-clarifies-that-the-lets-go-games-have-compulsory-motion-controls-for-catching-pokemon/

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Hate motion controls? Well tough $h1t, they're compulsory in Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu and Pokemon: Let’s Go, Eevee.

The Pokemon Company clarifies that the Let’s Go games have compulsory motion controls for catching Pokemon

https://nintendoeverything.com/the-pokemon-company-clarifies-that-the-lets-go-games-have-compulsory-motion-controls-for-catching-pokemon/

That's my interest waned somewhat. I'm sure there will be plenty of other games out around then.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mr E wrote: »
    :D

I find myself oddly looking forward to the rare "like" from Sligeach... I don't know, I just want to make people happy...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Bugger, makes a unattractive purchase a non purchase for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

It sounds in the article like it could be as little as a slight shake of the device to toss a ball. Wouldn't be the end of the world for me although it's something to put up with rather than any sort of positive.

If there's much more to it than that though I'd be joining the slide away from it big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

keane2097 wrote: »
    It sounds in the article like it could be as little as a slight shake of the device to toss a ball. Wouldn't be the end of the world for me although it's something to put up with rather than any sort of positive.

If there's much more to it than that though I'd be joining the slide away from it big time.

You can still throw the ball with a button press but for aiming motion control is required.

Is this 2006 again? Motion controls aren't the devil I don't get the hate for a simple wrist flick.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 WithTheRanks

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Is this 2006 again? Motion controls aren't the devil I don't get the hate for a simple wrist flick.

I'm not a big fan of motion controls in general, but they can be especially annoying when you're in handheld mode

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

The only way to complete the pokedex in this game is to buy the €60 pokeball plus as thats the only way to get Mew

Some of the worst bullcrap possible, i dont mind motion control or any of that, its a sign theyre trying something new at least and not just pumping out new games with a new skin

Was gonna buy a switch just for this new game but they can go and feck now

The only way to complete the pokedex in this game is to buy the €60 pokeball plus as thats the only way to get Mew

Some of the worst bullcrap possible, i dont mind motion control or any of that, its a sign theyre trying something new at least and not just pumping out new games with a new skin

Was gonna buy a switch just for this new game but they can go and feck now

You can trade it back and fourth.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Still relying on you or someone else buying the damn thing

For me a completed pokedex has to be a living one so without buying it no pokedex

Still relying on you or someone else buying the damn thing

For me a completed pokedex has to be a living one so without buying it no pokedex

Black market cloned mews from the hacked switches then lol

• Advertisement

Trade what? Mew? I’m pretty sure you can only trade Pokémon in from Pokémon Go and not back again. The exception would be Mew as its non transferable in Pokémon Go.

Advertisement