Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ignorant príck Bus Eireann 111

Options
  • 30-05-2018 8:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭

This morning on the Navan road at about 06:55 am.

I was in the middle lane and the 111 was in the left lane. Green light and the car in front of me goes, I go, the car in front of the bus goes, I go & the bus goes.

I am a quarter car length ahead of the bus (he is still inside me) and next thing I know, we are passed the bus stop and he is accelerating (inside me) as the left lane merges!We are almost trading paint at this stage. I brake and he pulls across in front of me....it really píssed me off.
    At the next light we are stopped and when the light goes green I overtake him and as I do he gives me the finger and when in front he gives me the 'wánker' motion.

At Phibsborough church I return the finger and he continues flipping me off and sticking out his tongue - that was it - I saw red. Got out of the car and approached his window, let a few expletives fly, and I could see he needed to change his panties. There was no more sticking his tongue out or flipping me the finger

My reaction was wrong but the driver of that bus was a complete ásshole.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

report it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Get yourself a dash cam, and you can report instances like this.

It's his word against HD video footage of any incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

report it.

I feel you're gonna report it I wouldn't expect much from their customer service team. They're one of the worst I've ever had the mispleasure of dealing with.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Pick your battles..

Put it behind you and get on about your day..

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

Get yourself a dash cam, and you can report instances like this.

It's his word against HD video footage of any incident.

I have front and back dashcams...unfortunately the rear cam was 'off' at the time (power cable was loose do'h!).

Must check the front cam

• Advertisement

Deedsie wrote: »
    It's annoying and he is definitely in the wrong but people where possible should give public transport priority. It's not a law or anything but I always let buses out where possible.

I usually do...99% of the time....even when buses exit bus lanes with 'yield' markings on the road :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

It would have been way less stressful to just back off for a second and let him merge without any drama.

It would have been way less stressful to just back off for a second and let him merge without any drama.

I was ahead of him by a quarter of a car length. Didn't expect him to accelerate and cut across me. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

jim salter wrote: »
    I was ahead of him by a quarter of a car length.

Such are the small margins of life :)

I was ahead of him by a quarter of a car length. Didn't expect him to accelerate and cut across me. :rolleyes:

If someone in the inside lane is about to run out of road and I can see that they're more or less alongside me, I always expect them to try something silly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Not picking sides here, well actually both parties are wrong

But that's called road rage my good man, something that's not allowed on our roads. Any credibility you had to form a complaint and report it is shot because of your road rage.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Not picking sides here, well actually both parties are wrong

But that's called road rage my good man, something that's not allowed on our roads. Any credibility you had to form a complaint and report it is shot because of your road rage.

How was the OP at fault? I didn't think there was anything about yielding right of way to buses?

MarkR wrote: »
    How was the OP at fault? I didn't think there was anything about yielding right of way to buses?

I only said the op was wrong to see red and get out of the car in traffic to approach another driver in a road rage manner

If you read my post I said both parties were wrong.

I only said the op was wrong to see red and get out of the car in traffic to approach another driver in a road rage manner

If you read my post I said both parties were wrong.

I agree, my reaction was incorrect however, the bus driver actions were incorrect at the junction.

I agree, my reaction was incorrect however, the bus driver actions were incorrect at the junction.

I agree with this fully.

Like I said, both of you were wrong

I know that junction very well, it's the phibsborough road heading for the city around MSL / Tesco shopping centre there , two lanes merging into one and no clear road markings

In which case normal rules should apply and if your in the left lane you should yeild to traffic on the right ahead but not behind

If I was driving that bus in that case I'd look down the length of my vehicle and use the middle of the length of the bus as a guide and generally anyone ahead of center I give way and anyone behind should see my indicator on and be curious enough to allow me merge.

Generally this works bar the odd asshole and generally it's fair since we're not going to stop / yield for someone way back.

My only point here is that although the bus driver didn't do well, your reaction shoots down your credibility for a complaint.

As others suggested , get a dash cam, front and back of your car and use this as evidence. But also , cool the jets , I believe gardai can take action on road rage incidents.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I have front and back dashcams...unfortunately the rear cam was 'off' at the time (power cable was loose do'h!).

Must check the front cam

Pity, video footage of a driver flipping you off and making wanker motions with the Logo across the front would have been hilarious.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

This morning on the Navan road at about 06:55 am.

I was in the middle lane and the 111 was in the left lane. Green light and the car in front of me goes, I go, the car in front of the bus goes, I go & the bus goes.

I am a quarter car length ahead of the bus (he is still inside me) and next thing I know, we are passed the bus stop and he is accelerating (inside me) as the left lane merges!We are almost trading paint at this stage. I brake and he pulls across in front of me....it really ped me off.
    At the next light we are stopped and when the light goes green I overtake him and as I do he gives me the finger and when in front he gives me the 'wer' motion.

At Phibsborough church I return the finger and he continues flipping me off and sticking out his tongue - that was it - I saw red. Got out of the car and approached his window, let a few expletives fly, and I could see he needed to change his panties. There was no more sticking his tongue out or flipping me the finger

My reaction was wrong but the driver of that bus was a complete hole.

Sounds like you have anger management issues. CBT or some kind of counseling might help.

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    Sounds like you have anger management issues. CBT or some kind of counseling might help.

Wow, you must know me really well....

....oh wait you don't know me at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

if the bus was getting ahead, and merging in, why not back off to let him in. Instead of getting yourself into knots.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

The main question here jimmy is what the fcuk were you driving that a bus could beat you in a race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

You lost the moral high ground by resorting to hand gestures and then you tore the arse out of it by getting out of your vehicle. Put it behind you and get on with your life. It's a trivial matter.

brokenarms wrote: »
    if the bus was getting ahead, and merging in, why not back off to let him in. Instead of getting yourself into knots.

you must not have read the first post....my car was ahead of the bus by a quarter of a car length. The bus was on the inside lane where there's a bus stop. I moved off from the light like normal and the bus accelerated from a lane that was merging...why should I have backed off? (I did in the end as I felt the bus would hit me - he was that close mm's from my wing mirror)

I believe I had the right of way. Just because it was bus it does not give the right of way by default.

Even merging from bus lanes buses have yield symbols on the road which means 'yield' even though most people (myself included) let buses out.

This bus driver was acting the príck, pure and simple....again, it doesn't excuse my behavior afterwards

You lost the moral high ground by resorting to hand gestures and then you tore the arse out of it by getting out of your vehicle. Put it behind you and get on with your life. It's a trivial matter.

The bus driver was the one who gave me the fingers and wanker motion, I responded in kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

you must not have read the first post....my car was ahead of the bus by a quarter of a car length. The bus was on the inside lane where there's a bus stop. I moved off from the light like normal and the bus accelerated from a lane that was merging...why should I have backed off? (I did in the end as I felt the bus would hit me - he was that close mm's from my wing mirror)

I believe I had the right of way. Just because it was bus it does not give the right of way by default.

Even merging from bus lanes buses have yield symbols on the road which means 'yield' even though most people (myself included) let buses out.

This bus driver was acting the príck, pure and simple....again, it doesn't excuse my behavior afterwards

I dont understand how you did not see it coming and gotten ahead . A slow bus over a car, you should be well ahead of him from standstill.
    Same type of junction at Sundrive road. Traffic must merge. If a bus is ahead and indicating out ,as well as slowly nudging his way out, its time to back off. You wont win.
    Report it, but it will go straight into the bin as there is no evidence of dangerous driving. And it sounds like the situation was avoidable by both people, not just one.

The main question here jimmy is what the fcuk were you driving that a bus could beat you in a race.

Hahahahaha, there are very few things that are as quick as my car tbh.

I genuinely was surprised that the bus driver kept driving - imo it was pure ignorance.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

The bus driver was the one who gave me the fingers and wanker motion, I responded in kind.
    Yes, I know but that doesn't change what I said.

Yes, I know but that doesn't change what I said.

Never claimed moral high ground in the first place. In my OP I clearly said my reaction was incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Hahahahaha, there are very few things that are as quick as my car tbh.

I genuinely was surprised that the bus driver kept driving - imo it was pure ignorance.

The 111 is!

brokenarms wrote: »
    I dont understand how you did not see it coming and gotten ahead . A slow bus over a car, you should be well ahead of him from standstill.
    Same type of junction at Sundrive road. Traffic must merge. If a bus is ahead and indicating out ,as well as slowly nudging his way out, its time to back off. You wont win.
    Report it, but it will go straight into the bin as there is no evidence of dangerous driving. And it sounds like the situation was avoidable by both people, not just one.

I was pulling away normally from the light, the car in front of me did same.

The bus was not indicating and was not ahead of me.

I won't be reporting this fool bus driver...

• Advertisement

I moved off from the light like normal and the bus accelerated from a lane that was merging...why should I have backed off?

If nothing else, for the sake of your own blood pressure.

Advertisement