Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ignorant Git - AirCoach 171-D-2634 May 29th 2018

Options
  • 29-05-2018 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭

This twat really got on my nerves this evening. We're all keen to get on and not be stuck in traffic but the driver of this AirCoach seems to think that his time is more valuable than everyone else's and just skips queues at will in order to cut in and save time at other peoples expense.

Not really sure why I'm posting this here TBH. I guess I'd like to get the thoughts of users in a relevant forum and perhaps to start a thread where others can post similar instances in case it is a common occurrence by drivers working for this company.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Stick it on their Facebook page and ask what they think of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭McCrack

Just move on with your life is my view

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

Oh God what is the world coming to that plonkers get irritated by trivial issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

I’d agree with McCrack.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I dunno. If it was a one-off you’d say fair enough, but it looks like this is just how that driver drives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ConnyMcDavid

It's how many seconds of your life? I'm all in favour of prioritising buses. There could be 10 people on that bus to just 1 in a car.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

McCrack wrote: »
    Just move on with your life is my view

He's in the wrong lane. Driving is their profession, they should do it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Julez

Is there a stop in the left hand lane by any chance? I think there might be before the Luas tracks. Maybe he was stuck on that side to some extent? Not the worst offence of bad driving I've seen/see on a daily basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭McCrack

Agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Them and the green bus' don't do ROTR, they're a joy to behold on the M7-N7, middle lane, right lane, rarely the left lane at all, till they're taking the left turn into Naas North.....then swing back into the right lane to enter the M7 (just to skip the traffic) as for the 80kmh speed limit for a coach, i've done 110 and still don't catch them, (when traffic is good)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

I was walking through Dublin city centre recently and an aircoach came thundering past me up the road - in an attempt to beat a red light, he took a corner at speed (well above 30 km/h limit), mounted a footpath, clipped a lamppost which sent the access hatch sliding along the footpath next to pedestrians, and continued on his merry way without stopping.

I called Dublin City Council as the lamppost wiring was exposed, and this street corner was right beside 2 schools. In fairness to them they were out within an hour to repair it.

I emailed aircoach to tell them about the reckless driving and the damage done. I didn't even get an acknowledgment back.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

I advise you to send a mail to Aircoach detailing the time, date, position and vehicle registration if you have it and if they don't respond write them a letter to their registered address.

Their fleet are fitted with CCTV and tracking devices as well as Drivegreen systems so they should be able to easily check it out if you give them enough details.

They've had a change of management this month so maybe something will change from Colonel Claptrap's experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Schwanz wrote: »
    Oh God what is the world coming to that plonkers get irritated by trivial issues.

Q. What sort of person has nothing better to do than assume a poster is a plonker and decides being cut up (twice) is a trivial social issue?

A. Someone who also behaves in an ignorant anti social manner. :P

It's how many seconds of your life?

Exactly, it's feck all so why couldn't he wait instead of be an ignorant anti social git?

There could be 10 people on that bus to just 1 in a car.

That's possible but given the bus had just departed the Clayton Hotel in Sandyford and didn't appear to have any/many people on board I doubt it.

Either way, I'm in favour of bus lanes for the reason you highlight but I'm more in favour of everyone obeying the rules of the road and being respectful to other road users. Just because there isn't a bus lane doesn't mean this to$$er can ignore the rules of the road and make up his own bus lanes as he goes. How would he like it if car drivers decided certain parts of the city should have an extra lane for cars and blocked up the bus lane??? There'd be quare moaning out of him then :D

Julez wrote: »
    Is there a stop in the left hand lane by any chance?

There's several sets of traffic lights along that strip of road. At one pint the road splits into left (for going straight ahead) and right for turning across the Luas tracks. He made a decision to stay in the left lane in order to undertake those queueing to turn right and then cut in at the top breaking a red light in the process.

Not the worst piece of driving ever for sure but if that becomes acceptable or of we give free passes to those who do it it'll result in a free for all carnage.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭RTT

I have a sudden urge to purchase a Lexus IS hybrid for some reason after watching that vid!

devnull wrote: »
    I advise you to send a mail to Aircoach detailing the time, date, position and vehicle registration if you have it and if they don't respond write them a letter to their registered address.

Their fleet are fitted with CCTV and tracking devices as well as Drivegreen systems so they should be able to easily check it out if you give them enough details.

They've had a change of management this month so maybe something will change from Colonel Claptrap's experience.

Good idea, I'll do exactly that.

The video captures the exact time/date (18:18 today) and the reg # was 171-D-2634.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

BenEadir wrote: »
    Good idea, I'll do exactly that.

The video captures the exact time/date (18:18 today) and the reg # was 171-D-2634.

Can they use CCTV against the drivers? Unless there is an accident I dont think they can even view it.

He was hardly driving dangerously so I doubt they would do anything anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

GDPR breach in that other reg no's are visible???

ravima wrote: »
    GDPR breach in that other reg no's are visible???

:D:D:D

Click on any one of thousands of online webcams showing traffic and you''ll see all the reg #'s you like. Reg #'s are not personal info covered by GDPR, they are in fact the polar opposite of what GDPR is designed to protect.

The specific job of # plates is to publicly display a unique identifier so people breaking the law/rules of the road like this AirCoach driver can be identified.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

brokenarms wrote: »
    Can they use CCTV against the drivers? Unless there is an accident I dont think they can even view it.

I do not know - that might be the case in Dublin Bus and Bus Eireann but it's not the case in a lot of companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Genuinely interested , why is this annoying you so much? I see a lot worse on the road. Those drivers are on slightly above minimum wage and under fierce pressure for time schedules. I’m not saying that’s an excuse but think carefully. Do you potentially want to cost this driver his job because it gets on your tits? I’d say something if he was driving recklessly.
    I know of a driver that got let go from another private bus operator for failing to make the schedules. I think it’s bad form identifying the driver in the way you have. Just my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 23,312 ✭✭✭✭ted1

McCrack wrote: »

Agreed
    It’s a one way road. I suspect he had a stop on the left and had to cross over

• Registered Users Posts: 28,717 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Maz2016 wrote: »
    Genuinely interested , why is this annoying you so much? I see a lot worse on the road. Those drivers are on slightly above minimum wage and under fierce pressure for time schedules. I’m not saying that’s an excuse but think carefully. Do you potentially want to cost this driver his job because it gets on your tits? I’d say something if he was driving recklessly.
    I know of a driver that got let go from another private bus operator for failing to make the schedules. I think it’s bad form identifying the driver in the way you have. Just my opinion

Don't give a toss about his schedule or low wages.. no excuse for the driving seen in the OP's video.
    ted1 wrote: »

I know that road very well myself.

The first part of the video has a one-way road with a left and right turning lane only... he's in the wrong lane (there's no stop in advance of it) and tries to bully his way in at the top with a "mine is bigger than yours" attitude.

The second part of the video is just after he would have gone past the old Microsoft buildings, and left at the end of that road. Again, wrong lane and no excuses.

It's funny really given the almost universal (and justified) giving out in the DC thread about this sort of thing, but because this involves Aircoach it's ok?

Genuinely interested , why is this annoying you so much?

Because it's rude bullying behaviour which if tolerated will only encourage others to do the same. We're supposed to be a civilised society.

Those drivers are on slightly above minimum wage and under fierce pressure for time schedules. I’m not saying that’s an excuse but think carefully. Do you potentially want to cost this driver his job because it gets on your tits?

When you get behind the wheel of any vehicle it is you, the driver, who is responsible. If you are being put under undue pressure to meet unrealistic schedules you shouldn't allow that to justify breaking the rules of the road. If cutting up other road users becomes acceptable what is next? Breaking the speed limit to meet a deadline? What if the pressure you're under is financial. What if a mechanic is under pressure to cut costs and uses sub standard parts as a result which compromise safety?

For all we know the driver just likes being a w@nker and/or was in a rush to get home in time for Coronation Street.

Do you potentially want to cost this driver his job because it gets on your tits? I’d say something if he was driving recklessly.

I'm not putting the drivers job at risk, he did that all by himself through the choices he made to hold others up, cut others up and break a red light.

I don't believe you. If a driver got let go for no other reason than he was unable to meet unrealistic schedules due to circumstances outside his control on a consistent basis then he'll make hay if he makes a complaint to http://workplacerelations.ie/en/Complaints_Disputes/Refer_a_Dispute_Make_a_Complaint

BTW, your opinion, if it was correct which it isn't, would be advocating that we cow tow to bullies (in your example an aggressive management implementing an unrealistic set of performance targets) instead of standing up to them.

If the driver I observed was doing what he did trying to hit an impossible schedule target then publishing the way he acted in pursuit of attaining that target will help to highlight the pressure those drivers are being put under and the likes of the http://www.rsa.ie can get involved to relieve that pressure on drivers.

Ignoring it or sweeping it under the carpet will achieve nothing. That's been proven time and time again in this country!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

brokenarms wrote: »

He was hardly driving dangerously so I doubt they would do anything anyways.

They're forcing their way through traffic. They shouldn't be doing it.

ted1 wrote: »

Nope. At the first junction the left lane was exclusively for turning left but he stopped all traffic behind him whilst he cut into the right turning lane and at the 2nd junction the left hand lane is exclusively straight ahead and once again he stopped traffic in his (straight ahead lane) whilst he bullied his way into the lane turning right and he did so whilst breaking a red light.

There is no ambiguity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭Ginger83

BenEadir wrote: »
    Because it's rude bullying behaviour which if tolerated will only encourage others to do the same. We're supposed to be a civilised society.

When you get behind the wheel of any vehicle it is you, the driver, who is responsible. If you are being put under undue pressure to meet unrealistic schedules you shouldn't allow that to justify breaking the rules of the road. If cutting up other road users becomes acceptable what is next? Breaking the speed limit to meet a deadline? What if the pressure you're under is financial. What if a mechanic is under pressure to cut costs and uses sub standard parts as a result which compromise safety?

For all we know the driver just likes being a w@nker and/or was in a rush to get home in time for Coronation Street.

I'm not putting the drivers job at risk, he did that all by himself through the choices he made to hold others up, cut others up and break a red light.

I don't believe you. If a driver got let go for no other reason than he was unable to meet unrealistic schedules due to circumstances outside his control on a consistent basis then he'll make hay if he makes a complaint to http://workplacerelations.ie/en/Complaints_Disputes/Refer_a_Dispute_Make_a_Complaint

BTW, your opinion, if it was correct which it isn't, would be advocating that we cow tow to bullies (in your example an aggressive management implementing an unrealistic set of performance targets) instead of standing up to them.

If the driver I observed was doing what he did trying to hit an impossible schedule target then publishing the way he acted in pursuit of attaining that target will help to highlight the pressure those drivers are being put under and the likes of the http://www.rsa.ie can get involved to relieve that pressure on drivers.

Ignoring it or sweeping it under the carpet will achieve nothing. That's been proven time and time again in this country!!

I would have just tore the side off the bus with my car.......jesus buddy did you not see i had right of way? €€€ Hard lesson learned!

BTW, just for context, this isn't the first time I've seen this happen with an AirCoach. I've previously (more than once) seen them cut dien the left lane along by the Luas stops and then cut right at the top.

The first junction manoeuvre was a new one on me today and motivated me to figure out how to extract and splice the dashcam video so I'll be able to capture any other instances of such behaviour going forward as I drive around that area several times every day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭dave98

OP, you really have a lot to worry about.

Advertisement