Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due February 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Jenny7367

I'm due 14th February. This will he my 4th pregnancy. The first one is nearly a adult. Then iv a 6 and 4 year old. Nice to find somewhere to talk about early days. Only sore boobs so far. How is everyone today

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Daisy Flame

Hi ladies,

Been lurking on boards for a while but thought it was time to sign up. Pregnant for the first time, found out last Monday and EDD 17th February. Just been to GP this evening and trying to figure out whether to go midwife led or to the main clinic. It still feels very surreal and not sure it's sunk in yet, also trying not to think too far ahead while it's such early days. Will probably get an early scan as I'm hoping to tell family when we see them at about 8 or 9 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 missym

Hi, I am thrilled to be joining this thread. 5 weeks today, confirmed by the gp yesterday. Had a miscarriage in December so I am booked in to the early pregnancy unit for a scan at 7 weeks. Very nervous as this is my first. No symptoms yet, hope this is normal! It's so great to have a place to talk all our worries out as it's too early to tell family and friends yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Taeholic

Hi ladies

Congrats to you all. Long time lurker on boards I'm finally posting. Im due around end of Feb don't have date yet. Only realised Thursday I was 4 days late, I was busy being hormonal mess and genuinely didn't connect the dots. I did test Friday with my boyfriend and boom pregnant.

To say I was in shock was understatement, we both were. I'm 36 newish diagnosed diabetic and had stage 1 cervical cancer in my late 20s. It's safe to say I never ever thought I would get pregnant by accident, due to my previous complications. I also was never sure if I wanted to have a baby but I guess that's life.

Still in complete shock and trying to get my head around it. I'm pretty terrified about it all but I do have good support. I've only told my sister so far. I'll call my gp tomorrow to schedule appointment I'm sure it will feel more real then.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭raemie10

Taeholic wrote: »
    Hi ladies

Congrats to you all. Long time lurker on boards I'm finally posting. Im due around end of Feb don't have date yet. Only realised Thursday I was 4 days late, I was busy being hormonal mess and genuinely didn't connect the dots. I did test Friday with my boyfriend and boom pregnant.

To say I was in shock was understatement, we both were. I'm 36 newish diagnosed diabetic and had stage 1 cervical cancer in my late 20s. It's safe to say I never ever thought I would get pregnant by accident, due to my previous complications. I also was never sure if I wanted to have a baby but I guess that's life.

Still in complete shock and trying to get my head around it. I'm pretty terrified about it all but I do have good support. I've only told my sister so far. I'll call my gp tomorrow to schedule appointment I'm sure it will feel more real then.

Congratulations! Wishing the best for you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hello everyone!

I just found out today and this is our first baby. I’m over 10 days late, but have really irregular periods so took a test 5 days ago and it was negative so I carried on. But still no period so took another test and it was a faint but definite line. I’m in shock because I was so sure it wasn’t this month! I’ve diarrhoea and I’m really queasy, I’m 6 weeks 2 days today so I hope it’s not gonna get too much worse!

To further complicate matters I interviewed for a job today after being out of work for a while. It’s a six month contract and the job will be intense so I’m really worried if I’ll be up for it!

Looking forward to sharing the next 8 months with all of you!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Dir37

Welcome to all new ladies! Has anyone else had an early scan? Just had one this morning and all good so far (saw the blob and heard the heartbeat), am just 8 weeks now. Still struggling hard with the sickness at the moment, it sucks.

Your lucky you got your scan. I'm 7 weeks tomorrow and nervose this time. I'm 40. I'm hoping to go to doctor this week and will be asking for a early one. But since iv no problems I prob wont get one.

Jenny7367 wrote: »
    Your lucky you got your scan. I'm 7 weeks tomorrow and nervose this time. I'm 40. I'm hoping to go to doctor this week and will be asking for a early one. But since iv no problems I prob wont get one.

I paid for it privately just for peace of mind, wouldn’t have a hope of getting one otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Uptheduff

I'm so tired! Nearly at week 7 now and feeling like death warmed up in the mornings.

I'm still not 100% on board with this pregnancy lark to be honest. I still wonder if i actually want this. :/

• Advertisement

Uptheduff wrote: »
    I'm so tired! Nearly at week 7 now and feeling like death warmed up in the mornings.

I'm still not 100% on board with this pregnancy lark to be honest. I still wonder if i actually want this. :/

The mornings are rough aren’t they? Our three year old was up and delighted with the world at 5 am morning and I struggled hard. Ended up at the doctors about the sickness and they gave me a motion sickness pill to try so fingers crossed it helps.

I wouldn’t worry too much if you are not feeling it yet, right now it’s mostly just feeling crappy and waiting for something to happen. Our first was a surprise also and I am in my thirties too so it’s a big life change. Happy to talk about it if you want to pm me :)

Poor you are you like me you can't function without sleep? I'm almost 7 weeks I could barely see out my eyeballs this morning. This is a different type of exhaustion. I don't know how I feel either it wasn't planned but I'm trying to think positive since I'm already pregnant and cried a few rivers.

You're not alone 😊 anyone else with the raging hormones? I can barely keep up with myself.

Dir37 wrote: »
    I wouldn’t worry too much if you are not feeling it yet, right now it’s mostly just feeling crappy and waiting for something to happen. Our first was a surprise also and I am in my thirties too so it’s a big life change. Happy to talk about it if you want to pm me :)

Thanks Dir37 :) I've never really been the maternal type so I guess its just something I'll have to get my head around.

@Teaholic seems like we are in a similar boat. I always thought my sister would be the one to have kids and I'd have been happy as an Aunty. Shes heartbroken with failed rounds of IVF. I'm not looking forward to announcing this to my family :(

Told my manager in work today - been sick, tired and low energy so wanted to get it out there (just past 9 weeks), plus we have over lapping vacation coming up so would be 14 weeks almost next time we work together after tomorrow. Am already paranoid it’s showing a little anyway so saves me that stress.

How’s everyone else getting on?

Have an early scan tomorrow (will be 7 weeks +3-5 days)
    My other half and I are petrified as we’ve never had a positive scan.
    Only symptoms I still have are tender boobs. Not really that tired and the v small amount of nausea I would sporadically have seems to have disappeared.
    I’m taking ‘garden of life raw prenatals’ and they supposedly have ginger and certain probiotics in them that help stave off morning sickness so hoping that’s all it is!

raemie10 wrote: »
    Have an early scan tomorrow (will be 7 weeks +3-5

Good luck for the scan tomorrow! Morning sickness is so varied from person to person anyway and for some people it does come and go so it’s hard to judge by it.

Dir37 wrote: »
    Good luck for the scan tomorrow! Morning sickness is so varied from person to person anyway and for some people it does come and go so it’s hard to judge by it.

Thanks. Fingers crossed :)

Not good news this morning for me.
    Baby is measuring very small so not looking good at all. Have to go back in a week.
    Devastated isn’t the word.

Baby is measuring very small so not looking good at all. Have to go back in a week.

Oh no raemie10, so sorry to hear that :(

• Advertisement

Thinking of you raemie10 x hope your next scan is positive news. Hugs and prayers

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Taeholic wrote: »
    Thinking of you raemie10 x hope your next scan is positive news. Hugs and prayers

Raemie hope it all works out for u this week, always keep hope up

3 scans done so far (doctor originally thought it was ectopic but apparently wrong) all neutral news, hcg levels growing and gestational sac growth

That was 2 weeks ago so today will be 8 weeks next scans on friday and feels like the will or wont happen moment as fetal heartbeat hasnt been seen yet

Hard to think of anything else

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Laurauptipp

Hey all congrats due feb 10th feeling like crap bad sickness headaches dizziness and so so tired this is baby no2 for us our current little boy just turned 4 😀

Hey all congrats due feb 10th feeling like crap bad sickness headaches dizziness and so so tired this is baby no2 for us our current little boy just turned 4 😀

It’s rough isn’t it? Hopefully it will get better the closer you get to 12 weeks. I had no idea how much harder it is to be pregnant with other children there too, it’s not like you can just stop as rest as needed like the first time.

I'm 9 weeks and 3 days. Since yesterday iv had a discharge with blood in it but not alot. If no pain. Has anyone else experienced it.

I'm 9 weeks and 3 days. Since yesterday iv had a discharge with blood in it but not alot. If no pain. Has anyone else experienced it.

It depends on the kind of blood, if it’s pink or brown then that can be pretty normal and happen to some people occasionally.

It's orange blood. Makes me feel nervous every time I go to the toilet there is some there

It's orange blood. Makes me feel nervous every time I go to the toilet there is some there

If it’s not much and you have no pain I’d try not worry too much yet. I never had orange blood but had pink, brown and red blood at some point when pregnant with my first. Just small amounts. Maybe it’s worth checking in with your doctor tomorrow?

Ok thanks will do.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Jenny go to the emergency room of your maternity hospital.Your GP can't do or tell you anything really at this stage, and will most likely tell you to wait it out or go to the hospital.
    I have had pink/brown bleeding at various times on all three of mine-all were healthy pregnancies thankfully but I just headed in each time and was scanned.They do not mind you coming in and are generally lovely.

Advertisement