Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elvery's return policy more important than my consumer rights??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭blackvalley

The logic of " Knowing your consumer rights " and looking for a " Trade in " on used football boots clash wildly.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

OP, I can’t see any basis here for you to claim under your consumer rights. The boots are not defective, and you bought them sight seen in the shop.

All you can hope for is that they’ll accept a return as a goodwill gesture but they are certainly not obliged to do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

bfa1509 wrote: »
    Funny how you resort to jokes when you've been stumped with the above argument. How about you put the effort in and string an informative counter-arguement together that might be helpful to me and others? (if you can)

Maybe it was your attitude that turned the shop staff off wanting to be helpful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Sorry OP, you are completely wrong here. Best chance you have is to be humble and request some sort of assistance under whatever goodwill policy they have.

If you go in with the usual "I know my rights attitude", (when you clearly don't), they will quite rightly tell you no.

I think you need to read this thread again. Lots of people here trying to explain this to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Funny how you resort to jokes when you've been stumped with the above argument. How about you put the effort in and string an informative counter-arguement together that might be helpful to me and others? (if you can)

OP there is no fault with the boots. You found them uncomfortable. That’s your problem not the shops. If you want to Persue it you need to go the SCC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,221 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

To be honest, I thought it was common knowledge that all shoes, boots, runners, football boots, whatever, all need to be broken in a little before doing harder activities.

Buying a pair of boots and immediately wearing them in a training session on hard ground just seems like asking for trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

."

I've worn in plenty of boots in the past. I know well what wear-in blisters are like. These boots shredded my feet over an hour long training session. How is that fit for purpose? How was I not mislead by the salesperson when he said the boots should be fine for the hard ground?

Mouldies are hard ground boots. You weren't mislead.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I bought a new suit for a wedding but the trousers cut the ba*s of me. I might take it back if you are successful OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I bought a new suit for a wedding but the trousers cut the ba*s of me. I might take it back if you are successful OP.

Nice. How are Megan and Harry?????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭C3PO

Regardless of this, was the lady right in refusing to take a trade in? .

Are you seriously suggesting that Elvery's should take a "Trade In" of used boots? Like a 2nd hand car?

• Advertisement
Advertisement