Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OnePlus 6 - Referrals , Delivery Updates Only

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭PaddyPope

I bought the Midnight Black 128gb and the dual protection bundle (karbon case and red silicone) discount worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

dan786 wrote: »
    You need to have a phone and an accessory in the basket to be able to use it.

Only works on full price items (bundles excluded).

Thanks for clarifying. I was trying to use it only on the accessory. I've already bought the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Martin12190

If anyone is interested, here's my link: oneplus.com/invite#IFPNNRR0TXCFGW

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Got the 256 GB one and an otter box case. Estimated delivery is May 30th, dispatch on the 28th.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Mate in London who has bought every phone from them except the 5T, including multiple version for relatives, has had an absolute shocker today.

Tried to order five times. Delays in items appearing in basket etc. When finally getting around to payment, it timed out each time and cancelled on him. Sixth time he tried finally worked, he paid and was charged. Order didn't update and he never got a confirmation email. Thought that sometimes there's just a backlog, it'll be ok etc. Next thing he gets an order cancellation telling him that he's only allowed order five times in a 24 hour period. Then gets the payment confirmation email. Then gets a "we've noticed your cancelled a lot of orders, would you like to take this survey?" email.

Tried customer support, they hadn't a clue what was going on and asked him to stand by. That was about four hours ago.

Hilarious for me hearing all the updates but I'd be fuming in his position

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭otterj

The 5% student discount isnt available through the Irish site. You have to buy through the UK and get it sent thru address pal. Overall saving of about €10 incl the €3.75 address pal fee

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Here's my referral code if anyone interested :)

https://www.oneplus.com/ie/invite#VHN839VYAE7HZCL

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Vico1612

Ordered yesterday, estimated shipping date : 28th.
    It has been shipped today

• Registered Users Posts: 12,383 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Ordered at about 10 20am yesterday but not been shipped yet

I ordered at about 10:15 am yesterday and just got a text from DHL saying it will be delivered tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭ldr

You lucky people order 10.50 still says shipping on the 28th

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Anyone know if using a referral code would invalidate the cash back offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭5star02707

There could be a difference when ordering on the UK site and or the Irish site regarding dispatch times.

Vico1612 wrote: »
    Ordered yesterday, estimated shipping date : 28th.
    It has been shipped today

Mine says order outbound now. So I guess I will get the phone soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭treade1

Mine is also saying shipping on May 28th. Ordered at 10:15 am yesterday. It probably depends on which model ordered as to whether they were ready to ship immediately or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Ordered mine as soon as the site would let me yesterday. I got a text from DHL this morning saying it will be delivered tomorrow. They also said I can collect it from a local depo and I'm wondering if that would be available quicker/overnight or somehting.

otterj wrote: »
    The 5% student discount isnt available through the Irish site. You have to buy through the UK and get it sent thru address pal. Overall saving of about €10 incl the €3.75 address pal fee

I wouldn't do it, giving up all of your legal rights to a repair/replacement/refund is too big of a risk for me for €10

Order mine as soon as the official site allowed it yesterday. Order now showing as dispatched but I haven't received a text from DHL yet. Hoping I'll have delivery by Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

mine is still 30th may est. delivery on the website,(8gb 128gb midnight black)

Mine is saying delivered for tomorrow, by end of the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭otterj

GarIT wrote: »
    I wouldn't do it, giving up all of your legal rights to a repair/replacement/refund is too big of a risk for me for €10

How? Rigths are the same for all eu members!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

Mc-BigE wrote: »
    mine is still 30th may est. delivery on the website,(8gb 128gb midnight black)

just got a DHL tracking number, its leaving poland this morning :):)

Mine landed in the Irish sorting facility this morning at 6am so it will probably be delivered this morning. Have 8 hours of work to get through before I can get home and play with it though! Torture!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,673 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Just got an e-mail to say mine has been dispatched - ordered around 19.30 on the 22nd.

Got a tracking number but clicking the tracking number link in my account is saying that the tracking doesn't exist.

Got a text from DHL this morning saying that it will deliver tomorrow.

otterj wrote: »
    How? Rigths are the same for all eu members!

That is incorrect. All EU members have to allow cases into the small claims court for the same period of time after a product is sold, the rules within the small claims court varies by country.

What is more relevant though is that if something went wrong and oneplus refused to do anything you would have to plysically appear in the small claims court in the UK to resolve it.

If you buy through parcel motel and the phone breaks after 13 months you'll have to travel to the uk to get it fixed under consumer protection laws.

I literally got stung with the same thing about two weeks ago with a 256gb iphone 7 Somewhere between 16 and 18 months old just died out of nowhere, the whole logic board inside needs to be replaced Apple want €371 to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Got the text from DHL being delivered today

Got mine just after 9 am this morning. Will set it up after work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Ordered a Mirror Black 64gb this morning [May 24th]. Estimated delivery date of Tuesday [May 29th].

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Ordered the 128gb midnight black model there with delivery down for Tuesday. Can't wait now. Here's another referral code if anyone is interested.

https://www.oneplus.com/ie/invite#55S639VCZU7FH4U

Advertisement