Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

Okilly Dokilly playing in Fibbers on the 16th October promises to be a unique gig to say the least..
    I never thought I'd get a chance to see them live.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

SexBobomb wrote: »
    Okilly Dokilly playing in Fibbers on the 16th October promises to be a unique gig to say the least..

Oooh!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,313 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

SexBobomb wrote: »

in 2019 ??

Wow. They are promoting that early !! :rolleyes:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭julyjane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Metallica at Slane is gathering pace

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

It would be some laugh if it turned out to be Garth Brooks after all

• Registered Users Posts: 14,445 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Nice

• Registered Users Posts: 28,989 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

lizzylad84 wrote:
    It would be some laugh if it turned out to be Garth Brooks after all

And 6 nights of it, just to the annoyance of everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

I wonder would the Slane crowd be decent enough for the undercard of metal tinged rock acts Metallica would bring. 80,000 is Download UK size, and I don't think there's that many people in Ireland that are going to rock out to say, Ghost, who I'd love to see.

Metal festivals are the best. Sound people, genuine mix of everyone from 7 to 70 and nobody going on about chakras or yokes. Just can't see it translating to Slane! Metallica are obviously huge and have not played Ireland in years so I wouldn't be worried about the size of the crowd, per say.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭aj89

I wonder would the Slane crowd be decent enough for the undercard of metal tinged rock acts Metallica would bring. 80,000 is Download UK size, and I don't think there's that many people in Ireland that are going to rock out to say, Ghost, who I'd love to see.

Metal festivals are the best. Sound people, genuine mix of everyone from 7 to 70 and nobody going on about chakras or yokes. Just can't see it translating to Slane! Metallica are obviously huge and have not played Ireland in years so I wouldn't be worried about the size of the crowd, per say.

Totally agree, i just don't see Slane working out for Metallica....

Would love to see Shinedown support Metallica. They supported Maiden in the 3 arena, and they were brilliant when they played the main stage at Download on Sunday this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

Shinedown would be great. Slash and Myles Kennedy are touring Europe next year as well with no Irish date confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,525 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Ghost/Shinedown supporting would be amazing..
    Slane is brutal to get out of, but the camping options aren't bad and it'd be a bit of craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,610 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

They could put anyone on in Slane and get a lot of people to go. Something for people from the midlands to do for a day or two.

Also don't underestimate how many 45 year old metal heads still live with their parents in this country.

The Nal wrote: »
    don't underestimate how many 45 year old metal heads still live with their parents in this country.
    Fairly snide, but not unexpected. Most metalheads do fairly well in life. You won't have them coming into the call center on a Monday morning on a massive come down from having experienced some pseudo enlightenment after spending the weekend on something made in somebodies bathtub.

This is coming from someone who has a preference for metal gigs but is more likely to be listening to Board of Canada on a Saturday night in, by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

Fairly snide, but not unexpected.

You'll get used to his bullsh*t ramblings whenever Slane is mentioned. Claims he hasn't gone in about 20 years but manages to have a comment or opinion on every concert.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Spiritualized have announced a few dates for Europe next year on top of the ones announced for later this year

Hopefully a Dublin one will be added

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ArrBee

would rather see Faith No More than Metallica TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,989 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

ArrBee wrote: »
    would rather see Faith No More than Metallica TBH.

maybe both, but good point, was only thinking of their Olympia gig from a couple of years ago, great gig

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2018/0919/994679-metal-merchants-metallica-to-rock-slane-castle-in-2019/

Surprised RTE are running with a "according to The Irish Sun" story but anyway.....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,610 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Fairly snide, but not unexpected. Most metalheads do fairly well in life. You won't have them coming into the call center on a Monday morning on a massive come down from having experienced some pseudo enlightenment after spending the weekend on something made in somebodies bathtub.

This is coming from someone who has a preference for metal gigs but is more likely to be listening to Board of Canada on a Saturday night in, by the way.

:P

Said in jest obviously. I love a bit of metal.
    You'll get used to his bullsh*t ramblings whenever Slane is mentioned. Claims he hasn't gone in about 20 years but manages to have a comment or opinion on every concert.

Slane hasn't changed since the 80s. Ill never go back. Amateur hour.

Look at the pathetic facilities they provide for 80,000 people. Embarrassing.

SLANE-MAP.jpg

If I go see Metallica, which I intend to, Ill go abroad and make a weekend out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Bazsutto

https://m.facebook.com/pg/SlaneCastle/posts/?ref=page_internal&mt_nav=0

Slane Castle have put up a pic on their Facebook page. All but confirms it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

If Metallica do play next year they wont be anywhere near Croker or Slane
    Arghus wrote: »
    That they're going to play Slane?

No chance mate. I'll literally bet you 100 euro.

No joke.

Oops! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

hynesie08 wrote: »
    I love Metallica, but not a ****ing hope are they shifting 80,000+ tickets in Ireland.

:pac: told ya 28/06

• Registered Users Posts: 9,731 ✭✭✭hynesie08

:pac: told ya 28/06

Still have to shift the tickets.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

played the RDS and Marlay Park the last 4 or 5 times they were here, which are max 40k. Even with the usual Slane bandwagon jumpers I don't see them doubling that and this getting close to 80k sell-out.

could maybe do it if there's a varied support bill - I'm thinking a big mainstream act.
    Ghost/Shinedown/Slash and Myles Kennedy are just preaching to the converted, and aren't going to shift many extra tickets to people that wouldn't have gone in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

ozzy jr wrote: »
    A random poster on the internet :D

Metallica and Judas Priest on the bill according to all the "in the know" people on boards.

Loads of sources here have already confirmed it. One fella knows someone high up in Ticketmaster, he confirmed it.

Another fella can't even tell us who his sources are, it's so commercially sensitive, but he's confirmed it too.

Someone else posted on another forum about it and then used that forum as his source, he's confirmed it too.

We even had one fella tell us hotel prices at Slane were through the roof im those dates (they werent), but he's confirmed it too.

tenor.gif

played the RDS and Marlay Park the last 4 or 5 times they were here, which are max 40k. Even with the usual Slane bandwagon jumpers I don't see them doubling that and this getting close to 80k sell-out.

could maybe do it if there's a varied support bill - I'm thinking a big mainstream act.
    Ghost/Shinedown/Slash and Myles Kennedy are just preaching to the converted, and aren't going to shift many extra tickets to people that wouldn't have gone in the first place.

I agree on the support acts preaching to the converted, but Guns n Roses sold out Slane in a day. Whilst on the surface they're an exponentially more commercially viable outfit, there was serious reservations a few years back about whether they'd be any good or if Axl Rose could be arsed anymore.

Metallica are surely in the same ballpark of popularity, without that worry. You can get their t-shirts in gafs like H&M and everyone's girlfriend knows at least two or three of their tunes. They've gone past being a metal band and into just being one of the largest touring acts in the world today. They headlined Glastonbury with ease, despite everyone throwing a paddy over the fact that they weren't flower power enough. I'm not even that mad on them. Rust in Peace any day! :p

They'll have a few months to sell it, and if they don't sell out it will easily get close to capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Bazsutto wrote: »
    https://m.facebook.com/pg/SlaneCastle/posts/?ref=page_internal&mt_nav=0

Slane Castle have put up a pic on their Facebook page. All but confirms it.

Beware of the fake Slane Castle FB page. The real page has just posted this update.

(Obviously it seems that Metallica will play but no official confirm from Slane themselves)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

ozzy jr wrote: »
    A random poster on the internet :D

Metallica and Judas Priest on the bill according to all the "in the know" people on boards.

Loads of sources here have already confirmed it. One fella knows someone high up in Ticketmaster, he confirmed it.

Another fella can't even tell us who his sources are, it's so commercially sensitive, but he's confirmed it too.

Someone else posted on another forum about it and then used that forum as his source, he's confirmed it too.

We even had one fella tell us hotel prices at Slane were through the roof im those dates (they werent), but he's confirmed it too.

tenor.gif

I never said they weren't playing, just calling out all the bull**** posters claiming they're in the know. They went silent when JP were announced as supporting Ozzy. Now they're all back claiming they were right all along.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Ed Sheeran is announcing uk and European dates for 2019 tomorrow

Advertisement