Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stay At Home Parents

Options
  • 09-05-2018 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I'm hoping some of you nice people can help me :-) I'm doing a research project on the obstacles stay at home parents have, if & when the decide to return to work. I am a stay at home parent myself, so I completely understand the reasons why you would chose to give up work, I've also worked in the recent past so I completely understand the reasons why you would want to return. My project is focused mainly on women (sorry Dad's) and so my question is, if a part time position was available ( 9.30 - 1.30 approx.) would that suit the stay at home parent ? If you could work part-time for approx. 3 to 6 months would that suit ? If you could work "term time" would that suit ? For those at home for a number of years ( 5 + ) would retraining prior to going back to work be necessary ?
    I'd be delighted to hear from anybody, you can private message me if you prefer. There is no judgement one way or another, as I said I've done both, so understand both sides of the story.
    Thank you all in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,823 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Mod

Signing up for the purpose of surveys and research is against the charter. There is a surveys forum here but you need to meet certain criteria.

I'm closing this thread for that reason.

Mars Bar

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement