Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb SIRO 1000 mbps €10 pm for two months, then €55pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

EdgeCase wrote: »
    A 1TB cap on Gigabit fiber is a bit like giving someone a Farrari that can only drive to and from the local shop. It completely defeats the purpose of that kind of speed.

I was getting enthusiastic about SIRO showing up in my area of Cork City but with that level of cap, I wouldn’t be signing up.
    I've siro VF unlimited in Cork 250 MB constant 99 percent of time,e40 ,vv happy with it,who needs speeds of a GB?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,703 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I've siro VF unlimited in Cork 250 MB constant 99 percent of time,e40 ,vv happy with it,who needs speeds of a GB?

Well if I’m paying for it then me, getting 250 of a 1000 connection is brutal service IMHO

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

slave1 wrote: »
    Well if I’m paying for it then me, getting 250 of a 1000 connection is brutal service IMHO

I think he meant he has the 250 service off of siro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭satguy

Am with Digiweb, and am on the full 1000mbps,, my contract runs out at the end of JAN next year (2019).

While I have never hit the 1TB cap (800 once), it does lodge in the back of my mind. (what happens if you go over).

If SKY are on SIRO next Jan I might move, maybe pick up a nice deal (am paying €95 pm at the moment + phone)

Plus I still never got the 1000 mbps I am paying for, some days I only get 955 mbps down ??

7713749698.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9,924 ✭✭✭dodzy

satguy wrote: »
    Am with Digiweb, and am on the full 1000mbps,, my contract runs out at the end of JAN next year (2019).

While I have never hit the 1TB cap (800 once), it does lodge in the back of my mind. (what happens if you go over).

If SKY are on SIRO next Jan I might move, maybe pick up a nice deal (am paying €95 pm at the moment + phone)

Plus I still never got the 1000 mbps I am paying for, some days I only get 955 mbps down ??

7713749698.png

Shocking, in this day and age:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

7713749698.png

Ah here, that's a margin of error etc there. You're getting nearly full speed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭satguy

TheDriver wrote: »
    Ah here, that's a margin of error etc there. You're getting nearly full speed

Indeed,,, am very happy, would recommend Digiweb, their service is rock solid.

My son runs a YouTube channel and takes full advantage of that 200 up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

slave1 wrote: »

I think he meant he has the 250 service off of siro
    Correct,but also trying to point out 250 MB is fast enough for the majority of the population

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭CGI_3

Vodafone have a better 12 month offer if you can actually get it though:

464041.PNG

Used to reference 45 a month after 6 months, now removed but was there yesterday. Here is the google webpage cached:

464040.PNG

But, when you click through any reference to 45 an 12 month contract are gone, its 55 a month after 6 months, and an 18 month contract.

I opened a post on their talk to page:

https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057920546/1#post108386494

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Anyone get this siro broadband and not have them drill through the wall?

My meter boxes are not on the wall of my house, and all services are run underground through ducting into the utility room, where I have a network switch and telephone panel along with all of my coax cables for the tv points.

I'm pretty interested in this but not at the expense/hassle of them coming out and drilling through a wall etc.

I've had Virgin media in previously a number of years ago and they ran the cables through the ducting with no issue, but the siro broadband seems to require some box being present outside the house.

• Advertisement

PaulKK wrote: »
    Anyone get this siro broadband and not have them drill through the wall?

My meter boxes are not on the wall of my house, and all services are run underground through ducting into the utility room, where I have a network switch and telephone panel along with all of my coax cables for the tv points.

I'm pretty interested in this but not at the expense/hassle of them coming out and drilling through a wall etc.

I've had Virgin media in previously a number of years ago and they ran the cables through the ducting with no issue, but the siro broadband seems to require some box being present outside the house.

The installers are under pressure to complete so many installs a day, so they are forced to do their installs as efficiently as possible. They have guidelines, and will follow them to provide the most reasonably satisfactory result.

If you want it installed to your liking, be prepared to have some of the ground work done yourself.

I didn't want the fibre on the outside of the house, so I ran my own duct inside the cavity wall up to the attic and then back down to where I wanted it in the house. I left any bends in the ducting as large as possible.

The installer was able to push the fibre through without the use of a pull string, and if it ever gets broken, it will be very easy to replace.

Obviously this approach won't work for everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

CGI_3 wrote: »
    The installers are under pressure to complete so many installs a day, so they are forced to do their installs as efficiently as possible. They have guidelines, and will follow them to provide the most reasonably satisfactory result.

If you want it installed to your liking, be prepared to have some of the ground work done yourself.

I didn't want the fibre on the outside of the house, so I ran my own duct inside the cavity wall up to the attic and then back down to where I wanted it in the house. I left any bends in the ducting as large as possible.

The installer was able to push the fibre through without the use of a pull string, and if it ever gets broken, it will be very easy to replace.

Obviously this approach won't work for everyone!

Thanks. I already have ducting directly in beside my switch cabinet.

Are you saying you don't have that grey box on an external wall yourself?

Sounds like it may be a runner if so.

PaulKK wrote: »

Are you saying you don't have that grey box on an external wall yourself?

That's right, no grey box outside the house. The one piece of cable goes directly from the splitter in the ESB chamber through the meter box into 'my' duct and connects directly to the ONT (Optical Network Terminal). There are no joints in between.

Grey boxes where used are for fibre management and termination. Then a factory made patch lead goes between this grey box and the SIRO ONT. (at least on the ones I saw) Carrier's router then connects to the ONT with just a standard rj45 cat5 or 6 patch lead.

Looks like VF fixed the issue on their site.

Works out at average 40 euro per month on a 12 month contract.

((6*25)+(6*55))/12 = 40, and no mention of setup costs unlike digiweb.

464456.png

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Guys ordered digiweb 1000mb siro last Thursday how long would the normal wait time be for the install?

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

I had signed up to Digiweb in Navan, but it was delayed by a month so went with Vodafone, I am one week into my cooling off period, has anyone here been charged for going over the 1tb allowence by either Digiweb or Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

7713749698.png
    I need to contact Digiweb again, mine maxes out around 380Mbps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Moanin

meathman0 wrote: »
    I had signed up to Digiweb in Navan, but it was delayed by a month so went with Vodafone, I am one week into my cooling off period, has anyone here been charged for going over the 1tb allowence by either Digiweb or Vodafone.

How do you find the Vodafone service? I've also signed up for Digiweb but have to wait a month

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Mylow wrote: »
    I need to contact Digiweb again, mine maxes out around 380Mbps.

Tenner says thats you and not them.

Using wifi yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭red bellied

They waiver the install fee if you have siro installed but I still got billed so watch out for that. It got sorted once I queried.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

They waiver the install fee if you have siro installed but I still got billed so watch out for that. It got sorted once I queried.

Hi where does it say that?

Moanin wrote: »
    How do you find the Vodafone service? I've also signed up for Digiweb but have to wait a month

Find the Vodafone one very good, modem has good coverage around the house, a bit worried about the 1Tb limit, my coo;ing off period ends on Tuesday.

How much is install from Digiweb?

meathman0 wrote: »
    How much is install from Digiweb?

€49

Its here, follow the 'additional' tab half way down the page

https://www.digiweb.ie/product/electric-broadband-1000/

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mickoneill31

If you get siro with Digiweb or Vodafone can you switch to the other provider at the end of the contract to get their discounts on sign up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

What size and type of piping did you use for the duct?

air wrote: »

3/4 qualpex!

It's big enough to allow the connector through too.

3/4 qualpex!

It's big enough to allow the connector through too.

Crikey, you did well to wrestle that up through the cavity and get it out somewhere at the far end!

• Advertisement

air wrote: »
    Crikey, you did well to wrestle that up through the cavity and get it out somewhere at the far end!

The original 2 inch aero board and it was filled with beads too.

I shoved up 1/2 qualpex first, and slid the 3/4 over it. Didn't take that long actually. Bit of luck too I guess.

Advertisement