Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Swapping whisky for gin?

• 04-05-2018 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Looking for advice folks.

I have been given presents over the last number of years of 5 or 6 different bottles of "nice" Irish whisky. I have a Redbreast 12, a few limited edition Jamesons, some kind of special Black Bush, a fancy Kilbeggan etc.

Googling suggests that they cost an average of €50 to €70 per bottle.

I don't drink whisky but I love a nice gin and my question is does anyone know of any off-licence, pub or shop which would exchange the bottles of whisky for bottles of gin and perhaps not giving me credit for the full price so there would be something in it for them?

The bottles are all obviously sealed, in perfect condition and some are in fancy boxes.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

I'd imagine this is something to ask around at your local off-license. I'd also guess the smaller independent shops might be more flexible to working out an arrangement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭2011abc

*Mod warning* Trading is not permitted on this forum.

Advertisement