Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Munster vs Edinburgh, Pro14 SF Qualifier, Sat 5 May 3:15pm; TG4/Sky Sports

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Zebo also thinks its in Aviva

Well Leinster rugby have announced a 3.15pm kick off saturday may 19th in the RDS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

#OurDS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Paddy making Leinster early 8 point favourites. An insult to the southern invaders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,555 ✭✭✭kub

Bridge93 wrote:
    Paddy making Leinster early 8 point favourites. An insult to the southern invaders

I don't think it is an insult, I think that Munster are lacking something.

A Leinster A side would beat us the way we have been playing of late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Absolutely.

Munster worked hard to make Leinster 15 point favourites. 8 points is a repudiation of their efforts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭maddness

kub wrote: »
    I don't think it is an insult, I think that Munster are lacking something.

A Leinster A side would beat us the way we have been playing of late.

The last time the sides met a Leinster A side did beat Munster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Only saw second half. What happened Conway?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Only saw second half. What happened Conway?

Leaped for the ball. Took at elbow to the head mid air and then the guy jumping with him landed on Conways head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Leaped for the ball. Took at elbow to the head mid air and then the guy jumping with him landed on Conways head

Doesn't sound like anything that will keep him out of the semi final?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

He came back on from a HIA just before the 1st half ended but didn't return for the 2nd. It didn't really look like concussion but he did take the nearly the full weight of the Edin player in his head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

He might well miss it. It was a heavy blow and he was clearly rattled. He returned for the two mins before half time but didn't appear after the break.

Conway has had a couple of confirmed concussions in the last year or two including just a few months back. I wouldn't be surprised to see him stood down for a few weeks.

It didn't really look like concussion but he did take the nearly the full weight of the Edin player in his head.

He took an elbow straight to the head?

Buer wrote: »
    He took an elbow straight to the head?
    Might have been both but I don't remember any elbow involved. Hit the ground first then the Edin player landed on him.

Might have been both but I don't remember any elbow involved. Hit the ground first then the Edin player landed on him.

The initial collision was in the air. His head went straight into the Edinburgh player. The player landing on him was just insult to injury.

Yikes barely 10,000 turned up to a home quarter final and Zebos last home game (60% empty)and Munsters last home match of the season. That’s not great in anyone’s book.

Yikes barely 10,000 turned up to a home quarter final and Zebos last home game (60% empty)and Munsters last home match of the season. That’s not great in anyone’s book.

I really think a game in the RDS would have been the same. Less than 50% at kids training this morning, everyone's fcuked off for the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

You have the riverfest festival in limerick today and some lad playing a few concerts down in cork too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Typed out a long post hammering some of the players, deleted it.. thankfully.

Our attack consisted of kicking the ball to the opposition and defending, that's not attack, that's defence! Just not good enough, not good at all.
    It smacked of the coach not having an confidence in the midfield at all, from 10 to 13.
    Basically, the game plan was terrible and the players will need better direction next season, an attack coach needed?
    If Mark McCall ever becomes available, then, it's a marriage made in heaven.

I've kind of written off the season at this stage, but it's not all doom and gloom.
    We'll have some super players next season, but they will still need a plan to play to.

Back to the game:

Cronin gave them 6 points, but for me he was superb, 100% effort, heart on the sleeve stuff, take a bow mate.

Marshall has been one of the best Munster players over the last 2 seasons, just a gem of a player (he's also put on some size this year too).

JoD had a great game and was the stand out back row, in a back row with 2 lions, but he's an 8 and potentially a very very good one.

Archer has really impressed me this year, soft hands, a very good footballer, and his work in the scrum this season, has been top notch.

Earls is like Cronin, 100% effort and his work effort can never be doubted.

Looking forward to Kleyn and Beirne next season, that's a lot of grunt.
    Both Cloete and Beirne on the same pitch? That's going to be bonkers! (Unless of course, the gameplan is to just give the ball back)

Farrell coming back in at 13 next season, for me he was absolutely brilliant for Ireland when he played.

It's the old song, but we really, really, really need a general at 10, lets just spend the money and get Dan Carter, it'd probably be value for money in the long run :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭twinytwo

Most the team seems to be checked out, havent been the same since Rassie left.

In the 20 years iv been watching Munster, never though id see the day id be fearful of what Leinster could do to us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

@ shootermacg

Carter is history and doesn't like to get his hair messed up these days. Bringing back the greatest player to ever pull on the No.10 shirt would be a better option.

rog.jpg

• Advertisement

twinytwo wrote: »
    Most the team seems to be checked out, havent been the same since Rassie left.

In the 20 years iv been watching Munster, never though id see the day id be fearful of what Leinster could do to us.

I think a lot will depend on the Euro final. If Leinster win there will inevitably be celebrations and they might lose a bit of focus. If Leinster lose it'll be heads down and total focus on the league I'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I don't think they'll be losing the focus this season - double is on the cards and this team is made up of a significant number of players who won a Grand Slam and then had to go straight into a big European game. But here's hoping they go nuts and can't see straight for a couple of weeks :D

Looked worryingly limited yesterday - to the point where people in the crowd were pleading with Murray not to kick it. Zebo had a bit of spark for Earls' try but even that came after a couple of mistakes and the chip just happened to sit up nicely. It's strange that we go aerial so frequently when our wingers aren't the tallest - pretty good in the air, but it's still a lottery. Yet we don't go crossfield with penalty advantage.

We're able to deal with well boshing - kept the Toulon midfield quiet - but steppy players are causing us issues...

🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Sunny bank holiday
    Ed sheeran
    Riverfest
    Confirmations galore

Plenty of reason!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,998 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Not surprised at the turnout, most of Limerick fecks off to Kilkee/Ballybunion every May/June/August bank holiday. Riverfest is on, weddings, communions, confirmations and whatever else is on around the country that people planned to go to before the match was announced.

Poor performance, not sure I agree with the flak the midfield are getting to be honest, it's an overall systemic back play issue for me.

If Leinster are in the mood it could get ugly, then again if we click again it could be a humdinger

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Sunny bank holiday
    Ed sheeran
    Riverfest
    Confirmations galore

Plenty of reason!
    Cork City v Limerick
    Kinsale 7's

Am I doing this right? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,608 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Though Cronin was really good and I think he's a good shout for the summer squad. Holland seems to have fallen off? Doesn't seem as effective as last year.
    Munster have a very good deep squad, the gameplan yesterday was awful. Murray looks exhausted and has not been his usual brilliant self these past few weeks.
    They will definitely show up against Leinster and it should be a stormer.
    I just watched the Scarlets highlights and I was really impressed. They can score from anywhere and play heads up rugby. Munster will struggle against them imo. It's a real tough ask for Munster to win any silverware this season,but it's possible if they can come up with the gameplan.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭timothydec77

Munsters Non European Thomond games have been in decline for the last three years.

I suppose part of the problem is fans having to travel long distances to the games.

To be a dedicated Munster Rugby fan not from Limerick requires giving up a large amount of free time.

Fitzgerald the Munster CEO has said that people between the ages of 20 and 30 arent going to Munster Rugby games in Thomond Park or Independent Park

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,998 ✭✭✭leakyboots

I work in Limerick city and there's been more than a few games that I've struggled to make on time for in recent seasons - and I'm a 20 min walk from the ground. Can't imagine what it's like for someone travelling from Waterford, or West Cork/Kerry/Clare

Season tickets are all but sold out I gather so the support is there, it's just they can't always make the games.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭timothydec77

leakyboots wrote: »
    I work in Limerick city and there's been more than a few games that I've struggled to make on time for in recent seasons - and I'm a 20 min walk from the ground. Can't imagine what it's like for someone travelling from Waterford, or West Cork/Kerry/Clare

Season tickets are all but sold out I gather so the support is there, it's just they can't always make the games.

I dont know about West Cork, Kerry, Clare. But i know people from Cork have to leave a minimum of three hours before the game.

I wonder how many of these Season tickets sold are the 7 game pack of 3 European games and 4 Cork Pro 14 games.

• Advertisement

Munsters Non European Thomond games have been in decline for the last three years.

I suppose part of the problem is fans having to travel long distances to the games.

To be a dedicated Munster Rugby fan not from Limerick requires giving up a large amount of free time.

Fitzgerald the Munster CEO has said that people between the ages of 20 and 30 arent going to Munster Rugby games in Thomond Park or Independent Park
    IE: The kind of people who might have to work weekends. Millennials being blamed again :pac:
    Also Musgrave (Independent) park was an 8,000 sell out for all 4 games this season so that second part at least is pure nonsense.

Advertisement