Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dee Forbes banging the RTE TV licence drum again 60m uncollected fee *poll not working - pl ignore*

Options
1418419420421422424»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭RoTelly

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭saabsaab

I read a proposal to send immigrants from the city to the Montrose campus and car parks as it has facilities and much room. Might solve the illegal encampments?

Well it would save them having to go into the City to report the news and the Fair City outdoor set will be free this summer, and in August RTÉ is pretty much deserted.

Then each tent can have a TV and RTÉ can charge them 160 euro.

______

Yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 13,140 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Only thing Emma O'Kelly has highlighted the last year is the complete lack of work she does.

______

Yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭chrisd2019

No he had a deal with on the Bookshell with Tubs, so he can't speak to other media. And Paul Howard is Tubs guest this week.

______

Yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 85,536 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Operation Transformation is ending

RTÉ have said that the decision to bring the show to its conclusion came after the usual editorial review, which takes place at the end of each season to "ensure the audience is being best served and to refresh and renew its slate of programming."

RTÉ will announce a new series for January 2025 later in the year.

The decision on Operation Transformation was communicated some weeks ago to those involved including the experts and stakeholders.

Over the course of the series there have been dozens of leaders from all over Ireland paving the way for thousands of viewers at home to follow their lead and their plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,332 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Not that I ever regarded OT as the best TV can offer it was very popular but just another example of cutting content to maintain paying wages to sub standard presenters

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

Classic RTE strategy. Punish the viewing public in the hope they kick up a fuss and politicians think twice about cutting their funding again.

• Advertisement

Not to defend RTÉ, but the series is on series 17, they are looking for a new programme that will replace OT, I am guessing they will go for something similar.

______

Yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

The thing about ot is that in most communities around the country there's walks organized to coincide with the show, helping to keep viewing figures up,, they are going to lose that.

I imagine they are going to try something similar TBH. I some how doubt that they are letting go of the series fully. I imagine they will probably integrate it even more into Ray D'Arcy's fun runs. IMO RTÉ failed to produce a similar show in the last 2 years that may have replaced OT. But I imagine a new lifestyle type weight positive programme come Jan next year.

______

Yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

RTE programming is geared towards the 13% of viewership that never change channels from RTE One / Radio One.

I heard they are going to double-up on production of "Reeling in the Years".

You know …. if this is the case … you can probable search google to find Dee Forbes extoling the virtues of Reeling in the Years and the introduction of The Way We Were and Keys To My Life.

Their new show

"Pop culture: that's barely even pop culture in Ireland that might have been nostalgic in the 2000s… well possibly the 1990s and even then we weren't impressed"

RTÉ delve yet again into their archive with this new series starting with a look at that 1990s archive show "Raiders of the Lost Archive", in the second episode producers of "Reeling in the Year" go through the process of developing the epic show over the last 25 years as the decades role on.

A five part series will also see interviews with Pat Shortt as he looks back on his "On d'Telly" series, while a host of celebrities take a look back on their interviews on Keys to My Life.

Mike Murphy then looks back at iconic nostalgic series such as "Gaybo Laugh's Back", "Reeling in the Years" and "The Best of Today with Maura and Dathi" with a few interruptions from his show "The Live Mike". You'll never believe how trendy Fr Ted was back in the early 1980s.

Guest presenters include Fiona Looney, Fintan O'Toole, Brendan O'Connor and Katherine Lynch.

______

Yesterday

Advertisement