Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 - €300 - Snapdragon 835, 6GB, 64GB - Global Version

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

I have one of these for the last 4-5 months.
    Super phone, display is fantastic, battery life is excellent and runs everything I can throw at it.

There are a few cons though...
    As beautiful as the phone looks it's the slippiest phone I've owned even moreso than the note 7 I had before.
    The front facing camera is at the bottom of the screen which is a really bad placement, you can turn the phone around when it's on and the screen will flip but if you're of the selfie generation (I'm not so it doesn't bother me) then it's a deal breaker.
    The camera is good but it's no iPhone or Google Pixel.
    Software wise the global ROM has had quite a few updates, if you like putting your own rom on you'll be fine, if you want to stay stock you definitely need a different launcher like Nova.
    The stock launcher has insanely big icons and writing which is a waste of the screen real estate.
    I've stayed stock with nova as my launcher but I'm probably going to have to root as after the last update there is a bug where the phone doesn't play the ringtones so it only vibrates when you get a call or message or worst of all when the alarm you set goes off! Is fixed easily enough but I'll have to set the phone up all again to fix it.

Anyway, it's an excellent phone, comparing it to my last few I've owned I'd say this is the order I'd put it in...

1. Samsung Note 7
    2. Oppo R7plus
    3. Xiaomi mi mix 2
    4. Google Nexus 5
    5. OnePlus 5
    6. Samsung Edge7
    7. LeEco Le Max 2

So 3rd in that list is pretty good imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

dixiefly wrote: »
    Any recommended phone that does have FM radio?

Nokia 7 plus

Nokia 7 plus

Mi Max 2,loads of others

Mi Max 2,loads of others

New motorola G6 plus

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭A.Gorilla

Well feck it anyway....I pulled the trigger and bought one. Any reccomendations on a decent safety case( like an otter box etc)?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

A.Gorilla wrote: »
    Well feck it anyway....I pulled the trigger and bought one. Any reccomendations on a decent safety case( like an otter box etc)?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F263338285017

I'm not really a fan of cases, but something like this is slim and gives decent protection.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F263338285017

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Heiser

I'm torn between this and the Nokia 7 plus. Does this have a DAC? If not can any owners comment on the sound quality through headphones?

Theres a case with it, very thin so you wouldn't even know it was a case but it helps to hold it. I stopped using it though as the phone back is beautiful and I didn't want to hide it. So far it's held up well to pockets and tables, no scratches at all on the edges or glossy back.

Heiser wrote: »
    I'm torn between this and the Nokia 7 plus. Does this have a DAC? If not can any owners comment on the sound quality through headphones?

No DAC, sound quality is good for me but I'm no audiophile and I'm full wireless with my boss qc35 and Bose soundsport free. There is a hell of a lot of Bluetooth options in the developer menu though so it's well set up for wireless audio.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 seimik

no card extend? :(

• Advertisement

Heiser wrote: »

Ive a mi phone so not biased,but if I'd a choice I'd go for the Nokia 7 plus, really nice to hold, slim,beauty,I had a play with my small fellas, might bite in a month or so

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Feck it, i bit the bullet and bought one. My aging S7 is struggling to hold a charge. When all videos on Youtube are comparing it to 1000 eur phones, it cant be too bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Braveheart

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

Ordered one myself, hopefully the wait won't be too long

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Cocoon

I ordered one too, hopefully it will get in under the radar. Just have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Mine has been shipped, only 7-25 business days to go. Lets hope its sooner rather than later

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

Nokia 7 plus

Nokia 7 Plus doesn't have an FM Radio

• Registered Users Posts: 17 glinnwest

Mi mix 2s is just out, 300 is a good deal for mix 2

Cocoon wrote: »
    Very nice phone buy what is the delivery like with Bang good, will it be hit buy customs?

I guess I found out the hard way, got the letter from revenue today to say they have the phone, I suppose this will add another €80 or so to the price :mad:

• Advertisement

Cocoon wrote:
    I guess I found out the hard way, got the letter from revenue today to say they have the phone, I suppose this will add another €80 or so to the price

Oh no :( let us know the result

tedpan wrote: »
    Oh no :( let us know the result

Just got the bill, €75.90 inc Anpost's €10 handling fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,760 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Cocoon wrote: »

Ouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭A.Gorilla

I got that dreaded letter in the post as well....Nice of a friday when u get back from work......Ah well

Cocoon wrote:

A.Gorilla wrote:
    I got that dreaded letter in the post as well....Nice of a friday when u get back from work......Ah well

Really Disappointing.. :(

I'm sure you'll be delighted with the phone once it arrives though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

+1 got one Wednesday

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

Bit random but all of the conversation at the start of this thread about the Nokia 8 etc. I went for a Nokia 8. Rock solid phone, I'm delighted with it thanks for links to that. I moved away from a OnePlus one. Too many missed calls, reboots and no Netflix annoyed me. Anyway, good job, cheers

Bit random but all of the conversation at the start of this thread about the Nokia 8 etc. I went for a Nokia 8. Rock solid phone, I'm delighted with it thanks for links to that. I moved away from a OnePlus one. Too many missed calls, reboots and no Netflix annoyed me. Anyway, good job, cheers

Yeah the 8 has decent specs too. Although the mi mix is all about the display, with a similar form factor the 8 only has a 5.3" display. I suppose it's down to what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭mono_mac

Look at this guys ...You will have in few days and no customs

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F263473778866

Worked out at 352 before parcel motel

• Advertisement

Did the phones arrive, how did you get on?

Advertisement