Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EirSport secure the broadcast rights to the Guinness PRO14

Options
123457»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

From that article, if Premier Sports are still involved, it sounds more like RTE will show some games (there's no way they'll show more than two games per week) while Premier will take UK and Ireland rights and be the actual main broadcasters, rather than RTE being the main Irish rights holders.

IIRC RTE used to only show whichever of Munster or Leinster were at home each weekend. I wouldn't expect their coverage to be much better this time seeing as they're even more cash strapped now than they were 7-8 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,466 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

If Premier Sports continues to be bundled with BT on Now TV, then it's a great result for those of us who really only want to pay for rugby.
    Looks like it will be a mess, going back to the old days of wondering what channel the game is on.

Lol, this is the most millennial thing I've heard in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

The Irish Times article hinted at RTE being the primary broadcaster in the Republic. BBCNI and BBC Scotland would also have games. BBCNI is only in SD on freesat, not sure about Sky. There is a HD BBC Scotland channel now but not sure if the games would be on that.

If Premier Sports were involved it would be great if they carried all the games, even on their player but I'd imagine RTE and BBC would have sole rights to the games they show.

People in the UK had it good with Premier.
    10 pounds a month for all games. Plus they also had BoxNation and LaLiga tv.

Advertisement