Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's different about your relationship with your OH that may have been missing from

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,854 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Unlike my ex, my hand doesn't give out to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

Shinbin223 wrote: »
    I do think it comes down to respect and kindness playing a major part in relationships going the distance. It is scary from listening to friends stories and my most recent relationship ending that sometimes the lack of respect shown to someone is baffling.
    Fine, you can't force yourself to be with someone and the vast majority of people wouldn't want to force anyone or have to cajole someone into being with them, but the lack of decency and respect when relationships are ending is quite sad recently. My most recent relationship ended two weeks after he suggested a holiday in summer, and a week after he suggested a night away. There genuinely weren't any red flags, things were going really well, we enjoyed each others company and had a laugh together, sex life was really good and he ended it over a text message after me having to question why he was so distant all of a sudden. He refused to meet up or talk on the phone.
    Another friend of mine was left in a pub on her own and to make her own way home from the middle of nowhere, even though her boyfriend knew she had no battery on her phone. He just walked out of the pub, left her and stopped answering calls. Sometimes a little common courtesy and respect wouldn't go astray when ending things, it costs nothing.
    In lots of cases I know of with relationships ending, it wasn't like there was a big build up of rows, or things weren't going well or any one big "red-flag" incident occurred. It seemed to be simply one person turning around, almost out of the blue and saying they didn't want to be with the other person. It's probably those cases that had me asking the question regarding the different element that made you want to stay with your current partner/OH.
    It is the cases where there is abuse or one partner is possessive, extremely difficult or where there are unsolvable issues like children/marriage/money that it is so easy to see why one party or both eventually left. I'm curious about situations where someone left a relationship where there was no "big issue" and the difference between that and the relationship you are currently in.

Both of those sound like classic cases of the guy just not being that into the girl and getting more and more bored with the whole situation but being too chicken**** to just come out and say it. Never understood that tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

Candie wrote: »
    He gives me tingles and makes me laugh and I think he's the bestest ever in the history of the world, and he seems to think I'm tolerable :)

Awwww...

Advertisement