Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Airport Discussion

Options
  • 27-04-2018 8:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭

Heard from a colleague that Cork to Rome showing up on an EI booking system..wonder if it's coming back??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Bussywussy wrote: »
    Heard from a colleague that Cork to Rome showing up on an EI booking system..wonder if it's coming back??
    Just checked the EI website, no mention of it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Ryanair is to fly from Cork Airport to Poznan with a twice-weekly service to the Polish city starting in March 2019 as part of Ryanair’s Summer 2019 schedule.

Ryanair’s Robin Kiely said fares will start from €14.99 each way for travel from September to October next year, and which are available to book until midnight on Friday, September 7, on www.ryanair.com

Meanwhile, the airline also launched special return flights between Dublin and Bristol for Leinster’s European Cup clash against Bath on December , following “huge demand from fans”.

The rugby specials will depart Dublin at 08.15hrs on Saturday, December 8, and return from Bristol at 20.10hrs on Sunday, December 9.

http://www.travelextra.ie/ryanair-announces-new-route-to-poznan-and-additional-bristol-flight-for-leinster-fans/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

Nice to see Poznan back.

Originally one of the Wizz Air routes until Ryanair ran them out of town and subsequently dropped the routes, Poznan being one of them. A link home for the Polish community and also a nice city break destination.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

roundymac wrote: »
    Just checked the EI website, no mention of it.

Petition mustn't be going so well ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,806 ✭✭✭billie1b

Nice to see Poznan back.

Originally one of the Wizz Air routes until Ryanair ran them out of town and subsequently dropped the routes, Poznan being one of them. A link home for the Polish community and also a nice city break destination.

Nah, Poznan is a kip, much better cities and towns to visit in Poland. Good for the Polish community for returning though

billie1b wrote: »
    Nice to see Poznan back.

Nah, Poznan is a kip, much better cities and towns to visit in Poland. Good for the Polish community for returning though

Really? I quite liked it but then again I used to live in Eastern Europe and many of those cities blended together after a while.

Wroclaw and Gdansk are also served by Ryanair from Cork, I'd agree they are nicer along with Warsaw and Krakow being obvious choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭revelman

Good news on new route to Malta with Ryanair announced today. This brings total to 3 new routes announced in last week with speculation that Aer Lingus is about to announce another tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Should be popular both as a week in thw sun destination and also ideal for a weekens city break.A dont forget the Aer Lingus route to Lisbon starting the wnd of October I think. Things looking up for the Airport the last few years.
    Have to laugh at some of the social media comments.. complain there are no decent routes from Cork and then Malta is announced and people complain but its ryanair

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Sunday and Thursday are great days for the Malta flight in fairness. Hopefully it's a success.

• Advertisement

It seems to have turned out to be a rumour that Aer Lingus were going to announce a new route from Cork today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

revelman wrote: »
    It seems to have turned out to be a rumour that Aer Lingus were going to announce a new route from Cork today.

Hardly as advanced and secure though?

EDIT: Posted this in the wrong thread, was supposed to be on the Apple thread. No idea how it ended up here...oops..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Cork-Budapest from April 4th next year, operating on Thursdays and Sundays. Bookable on the FR website

That’s four new routes by Ryanair from Cork announced in the past couple of weeks, a pleasant surprise to see them growing here. All of them are at pretty low frequencies but still welcome additions.

I don't want to be too negative but I'd be interested to see what Ryanair do with the existing summer services e.g. Bergamo, Bordeaux and Carcassone. If they maintain these as well as the new routes then it is indeed very positive.

That’s four new routes by Ryanair from Cork announced in the past couple of weeks, a pleasant surprise to see them growing here. All of them are at pretty low frequencies but still welcome additions.

Low frequencies but perfect for a weekend city break

I don't want to be too negative but I'd be interested to see what Ryanair do with the existing summer services e.g. Bergamo, Bordeaux and Carcassone. If they maintain these as well as the new routes then it is indeed very positive.

Fair point, usually anything with Ryanair comes with a catch. None of those cities are on sale just yet and the Budapest route appears to match the current Bergamo schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Can't see why not, they enjoy very healthy loads and have been around since 2010, CCF started back in 2007! Some nice year-round based expansion from FR, well done to the team in Cork.

Jack1985 wrote: »

Can't see why not, they enjoy very healthy loads and have been around since 2010, CCF started back in 2007! Some nice year-round based expansion from FR, well done to the team in Cork.
    Have they specified the routes are year round? I've no doubt Luton and Poznan are but Budapest and Malta are questionable.

Think malta is till sometime in october. No idea about budapest...would be a popular christmas market distination

• Advertisement

A lot of Hungarians resident in Cork, coupled with Christmas Markets as above.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/business/cork-boosted-by-airline-competition-869126.html

Aer Lingus Chief Executive states that they will be making announcements in the coming weeks on expansion from Cork airport, focusing mainly on European city destinations. Good news for Cork on the back of Ryanair’s recent announcements.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

not much use for christmas market(s) when the service starts on April 4th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

I susppose some one had to complain.:(

I was referring to its potential to last as a year round service ??

Naples now on Ryanair booking engine from Cork - July and August 2019. Santander is also coming up on the booking engine but no dates yet.

Two new routes from EI for Summer 2019 to Dubrovnik, Croatia (2 weekly) and the return of Nice, France (2 weekly). Both launching May 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Was just thinking the other day at Dublin airport, would there be demand again for internal feeder flights to/from cork?
    Believe there was up until fairly recently until the PSO ended. You’d think there’d be sufficient business for a couple of Aer Lingus regionals per day, especially to connect with long haul destinations. Not massive planes to fill and for business travellers would be especially handy vs a three hour journey back down to Cork. Thought?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

road_high wrote: »
    Was just thinking the other day at Dublin airport, would there be demand again for internal feeder flights to/from cork?
    Believe there was up until fairly recently until the PSO ended. You’d think there’d be sufficient business for a couple of Aer Lingus regionals per day, especially to connect with long haul destinations. Not massive planes to fill and for business travellers would be especially handy vs a three hour journey back down to Cork. Thought?

Discussed again and again and again, the outcome of which is people say "There is surely/definitely a market" and other people say "the markets obviously not sufficient as nobody flies the route" Perhaps even some go for both those points. Despite these, there is no route to cork, has not been for a number of years now and I fail to see this situation changing in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Ryanair used to do it, but not with connecting flights and with 737s which were way OTT.

I'm in that camp that Aer Lingus could do a few ATRs per day for connecting flights. But what time of day would be a big thing.

Advertisement