Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo @ E3 2018 - News/Predictions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,081 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Referring back to yesterday's rumour, Crash Bandicoot and Spyro have no business being in Smash Bros.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

sligeach wrote: »
    Referring back to yesterday's rumour, Crash Bandicoot and Spyro have no business being in Smash Bros.

Because they are not core Nintendo?

Pacman, Ryu and Sonic say hi. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mr E wrote: »
    Because they are not core Nintendo?

Pacman, Ryu and Sonic say hi. :)

Not to mention

Snake, Cloud and Ryu didn't deserve a place in Smash Bros. Especially the first 2, particularly Cloud.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,816 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If it pleases fans and brings more to the game then all good. If it's at the expense of fan favourites as opposed to the 25 Fire Emblem characters then I see it as a bad thing. I'm not a Smash player myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭da gamer

Ive a buddy working for nintendo in asia. He said wave race is returning

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Snake, Cloud and Ryu didn't deserve a place in Smash Bros. Especially the first 2, particularly Cloud.

Why not? Popular characters, in a popular game.

And its not like Snake never made his way to Nintendo platforms. He was on Nintendo consoles before Sony game platforms existed. He came back on the GameCube. He came back on the 3ds. Ryu too. For the longest time, Nintendo consoles were the best place to play SF2, outside of the arcade!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

'Deserving' is whoever Sakurai deems suitable for the series. The Snake reveal was a fantastic moment in gaming history.

Like I said, I don't play them, but even I enjoy reveals if they're big characters like Bayonetta. Unless watching a Direct and with 5 minutes to go they surprise reveal a Smash character instead of a game. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Game Boy or N64 Classic announcement?

• Advertisement

The previous 2 weren't announced at E3, so I wouldn't say they'll announce the next ones there, if there is another one. Maybe announce after the presentation or later. The Mini SNES was late June.

-Nintendo’s releasing details about their Online Service on May 7th.

Have a good day and remember to check back on this on May 7th.

Today's the day, chances are, he's a big fat spoofer.

Yep. There would be an announcement about the announcement by now. :)

They said early May so I suppose any time between now and next Monday. And are we expecting a video or just a press release?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    They said early May so I suppose any time between now and next Monday. And are we expecting a video or just a press release?

The way they worded the initial announcement it seems the website will be updated with the details of it.

Today's the day, chances are, he's a big fat spoofer.

So.... :o

Mr E wrote: »
    So.... :o

Technically it was the 8th in Japan :D.

But still may possibly be a fake leak, none of the other things mentioned about the service were announced. E3 season is fun though :p

Rumor: Alleged Nintendo E3 Leak, Fortnite, F-Zero, & Punch-Out On Switch
    A photo of two printed lists shared on Facebook suggest that Nintendo at E3 could involved a port of the popular Fortnite, a triumphant return of F-Zero, and a new Punch Out game.

nintedo-rumor-list-of-games-for-e3-2.jpg

nintendo-rumor-list-of-games-for-e3.jpg

https://www.twingalaxies.com/feed_details.php/1471/nintendo-e3-rumor-leak-suggests-fortnite-f-zero-and-punch-out

This sounds believable for a few reasons, not least because of Nintendo updating several trademarks lately.

I kinda want that to be true, if only so we can start referring to the Yoshi game as Yosh's F'ing Island.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Link's Awakening 3D is something I want to be true even if I hope fallout 3 isn't, it's 10 years old but mechanically is Neolithic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

This year is Link's Awakening's 25th anniversary, so a 3D remake/remaster could be plausible.

Anybody else getting Hyrule Warriors? Probably the first port that is undoubtedly worth full price (Base and Amazon have it for great value at £40) with all the enhancements, all the DLC from the Wii U version and all the DLC from the 3DS version.

I think you've posted in the wrong thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

This year is Link's Awakening's 25th anniversary, so a 3D remake/remaster could be plausible.

My first game boy game. I still remember the TV ad that made me say 'I want that' ant thus began my descent into all things Nintendo!

I'd be all over that like hot snot! Such a great game.

I think you've posted in the wrong thread.

Yep I did. Switched from mobile to desktop mode and clicked wrong thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

Grassey wrote: »
    My first game boy game. I still remember the TV ad that made me say 'I want that' ant thus began my descent into all things Nintendo!

I'd be all over that like hot snot! Such a great game.

Indeed it is.

I didn't live back in the '90s, but I got my copy of the game from my older brothers. I have the original version's cartridge intact. Not sure if I had the DX version, although I believe I did - must have gone somewhere.
    2 years ago, I played through the DX version on my New 3DS XL, and it was a blast.

If Link's Awakening 3D is real, then I wonder if it's going to be an ALBW-styled remake.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

F-Zero - would be amazing (I've no interest in that rumoured StarFox themed racer).
    Fortnite - if it can be ported to iOS then why not the Switch.
    Punch Out - yes please, as long as we're not forced to use bull**** motion controls.

NINTENDO'S E3 2018 PRESENTATION OFFICIALLY TITLED “NINTENDO DIRECT: E3 2018”
    2018-05-16.png

https://gonintendo.com/stories/309215-nintendo-s-e3-2018-presentation-officially-titled-nintendo-direc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

ofx84.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Is no one going to amazed that there's a Metroid Prime title on that list?
    Srsly?

And Fallout 3?

I played the latter on the 360, completing the main campaign and loved every second of it, my son is still playing the PS3 version, that and NV and all the DLC that came with them.

Can't wait to see them, assuming Metroid Prime Renegade isn't MP4, but some sort of side quest with a new protagonist.

Sounds like Star Fox is a repurposed WiiU port, no harm to make the controls less idiosyncratic, tons of good content in there. I wonder if they can make Star Fox Guard work on the Switch as well, or is it too tied to the dual screen nature of the WiiU? Maybe, using a 3DS as a second screen it could work?

Advertisement