Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Codenames LOL Round 13 - Team partykitten v Team RPG

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Correct play or pass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

THEATER

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Correct play or pass

SOUL

Neutral play passes

Sauce - unlimited

• Advertisement

so, one left in lofland, Elyes is closed off, 3 for 3, and one left for Gaberdine.

KETCHUP

Correct play or pass

DRILL

Correct - play or pass?

• Advertisement

ROBOT

Correct - play or pass

Can I get an updated board please?

449348.JPG

DRESS

Assassin - red wins

All our clued up words had been guessed, I hadn't clued the last two yet. The were shop and back, was hoping RPG would take change of the board that I could use cash as the clue.

ouch, good game.

The remaining red words were change and centaur

Ah that sucks. I mean I'm delighted we won but not like that.
    Really tense game. Well played.

sKeith, really sorry I put you in the position of potentially hitting the assassin at least twice -

Googling "gabardine" with a second A instead of an E gives you the material, which gives you the type of dress instead of cloak, but I had faith you'd see the Google correction and the shakespeare connection and stay strong :D

Change was the other Moonie clue, because of the book on conversion. Nearly shat when you said it but didn't, 'cause when you google that name and Dress you get a VERY strong hit, but only if you put the word Dress in the search.

Centaur was the 3rd word for Elyes because he played a prominent Dothraki (they're horse men, but in a different way) - very tenuous but we were getting beaten and I needed to take some chances.

Last clue would have been Werehorse :D I was pretty sure you were going to hit Dress if I didn't reclue.

• Advertisement

Feck it. Decided to gamble that dressing is kinda like a sauce

Ah don't worry about it, went unlimited so you could get the two remaining steel ones.

Banjo wrote: »
    Ah that sucks. I mean I'm delighted we won but not like that.
    Really tense game. Well played.

sKeith, really sorry I put you in the position of potentially hitting the assassin at least twice -

Googling "gabardine" with a second A instead of an E gives you the material, which gives you the type of dress instead of cloak, but I had faith you'd see the Google correction and the shakespeare connection and stay strong :D

Change was the other Moonie clue, because of the book on conversion. Nearly shat when you said it but didn't, 'cause when you google that name and Dress you get a VERY strong hit, but only if you put the word Dress in the search.

Centaur was the 3rd word for Elyes because he played a prominent Dothraki (they're horse men, but in a different way) - very tenuous but we were getting beaten and I needed to take some chances.

Last clue would have been Werehorse :D I was pretty sure you were going to hit Dress if I didn't reclue.

yeah, i highlight the clue and use search with google, so not going to misspell :)
    shop was the danger, with merchant of veince,

luckily i thought soul was better, for moonies, founded in Seoul, but i found and article 'The Unification Church: Moonshine for the Soul' which convinced me.

centaur was not on my radar at all as i though theatre was the 3rd Elsey as he trained in two different theatres.

Yeah Centaur was tenuous as **** :D

Interestingly there are 2 distinct and unique words for half man, half scorpion but neither of them was good for more than a 2 word clue!

Advertisement