Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,744 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Reminds me of the many traffic offences in Ireland being logged on the Garda system as having been committed by Mr. Prawo Jazdy:

https://twitter.com/CHAIRRDRF/status/1317139677380550656

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,478 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Genius move. The kids will be begging to cycle or walk.

https://twitter.com/ennisns/status/1317149807501336576

There seem to be a few small enterprises upcycling old bike parts. These are quite nice:
    https://twitter.com/recyclebicycle1/status/1317410174248882177

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I was going to see if I could turn forks into a lamp and chainrings and cassette into a clock, but would be better off donating them

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,478 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

actually, i'd be curious to know how many people cycled to primary school back when i was a kid. i don't remember anyone doing it in my primary school, but that was a large primary in dublin 15 in the 80s, so the vast majority of kids lived in easy enough walking distance i suspect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Since the kids went back to school and now that I'm working from home 2 or 3 days a week, I've started cycling with my 9 year old to school and she absolutely loves it. On the days when I have to be in the office, she moans about having to go in the car! Unfortunately I can't let her go on her own at the moment but we'll work up to that over time.

Some interesting research into passing distances and people on bikes with child trailers and child bike seats. I put it in a bike trailer thread, but just in case it's of more general interest:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114962687&postcount=15

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Weepsie wrote: »
    I was going to see if I could turn forks into a lamp and chainrings and cassette into a clock, but would be better off donating them

I have a pair of cufflinks, each of them made from a chain link.(Sram Red)
    My son made them for me, when he was getting married. He made a pair for each of his grooms men (or whatever they're called)

need an eggcup, but can't find one?
    an old headset bearing cup will do in a pinch.

529656.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Eamonnator wrote: »
    I have a pair of cufflinks, each of them made from a chain link.(Sram Red)
    My son made them for me, when he was getting married. He made a pair for each of his grooms men (or whatever they're called)

I'm due to be getting married this year (who knows what will happen). That's exactly what I asked for!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Do bike shops in general take back bike saddles which have been used once?

I'm looking for a new saddle and just wondering can you try them out once and bring them back or once you buy and use it that's it?

some brands (fizik) i think will supply dealers with tester saddles. ask your LBS anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

A friend of mine got a custom saddle made for small money in the Giant store. Big lad at 110kg but ripped (the fecker) They gave him a seat to use for a few weeks and they could tell from that one what he needed. All for less than €100, doesn't look sleek but functional

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

need an eggcup, but can't find one?
    an old headset bearing cup will do in a pinch....
    I use the white plastic cylinder/cone piece on a pendant ceiling light - works perfectly and much more accessible than a headset bearing cup.

Why are you not having poached eggs?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭cletus

This might be the most ineffective bike lane in the country

529729.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

cletus wrote: »
    This might be the most ineffective bike lane in the country

Theres a similar one with a pole in the middle of it. Might just eek out the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

DL3wYHCWsAAnOyH?format=jpg&name=large

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Do bike shops in general take back bike saddles which have been used once?

Reminds me of the "Burn that seat!" scene in the Simpsons when Homer goes to clown college.

529732.jpeg

Why are you not having poached eggs?
    Poached eggs require 'cooking' and a saucepan and hob. I don't cook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭cletus

Do boiled eggs not require a saucepan and hob and "cooking"?

How do you boil the eggs?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

In a kettle, waffles in a toaster, job done

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Great to see the R132 resurfaced north of the Lissenhall/M1 junction. That section was most uncomfortable on 23s.

Also good to see fresh surface in Santry.

cletus wrote: »
    Do boiled eggs not require a saucepan and hob and "cooking"?
    No.
    In an electric egg boiler - one of the most useful and inexpensive devices you can get. I have one at home and one at work. (Particularly useful if you don't have a cooker at work). Most of them will also do poached eggs.

Lidl or Aldi do them every so often but Argos have a top end version:

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/7912225

No.

In an electric egg boiler - one of the most useful and inexpensive devices you can get. I have one at home and one at work. (Particularly useful if you don't have a cooker at work). Most of them will also do poached eggs.

Lidl or Aldi do them every so often but Argos have a top end version:

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/7912225

I actually had a similar one in my old office for poaching eggs.

I've been boiling, poaching, baking, scrambling and frying eggs since I was a child. I'll crack them into a carbonara or into a pan with with rice. Eggs are simple and so easy to cook.

However, the electric egg boiler is new to me. When office work returns, I'll be getting one.

Herself got these cool little microwave containers for doing eggs a few ways. Never looked back :cool:

EDIT: Well it took a few trail runs to get them right with our microwave but we've a postit stuck on the side now with the times and settings :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,132 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I find the best way to cook eggs is to mix them with butter, sugar, and flour.

• Advertisement

I find the best way to cook eggs is to mix them with butter, sugar, and flour.

You might as well add some chocolate. Tasty brownies.

Advertisement