Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I’ll be staying in the Ferrycarraig hotel in a few weeks and plan to take the bike to get out for a spin. Any nice spins from there 50-75k?

Down Kilmore Quay is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

I’ll be staying in the Ferrycarraig hotel in a few weeks and plan to take the bike to get out for a spin. Any nice spins from there 50-75k?

Hook head is beautiful and well worth a visit, but is 47k each way according to maps.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,457 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

very odd; they included a detail where the car is driving over a pedestrian crossing with two kids beside the crossing:

https://twitter.com/SEAT_cars_IRL/status/1142854838923026435

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

^looks like two people in running gear running along the path and not kids waiting to cross the road to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,958 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

....and it's an odd place for a pedestrian crossing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Two benches too. Nowhere I like to lig my scíth more than beneath a freeway overpass.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,129 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

The way the shadows are I thought they were rollerblading.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,457 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    ^looks like two people in running gear running along the path and not kids waiting to cross the road to me.
    i think i read the shadows cast by them as their legs, rather than their shadows.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

i think i read the shadows cast by them as their legs, rather than their shadows.

Elementary, my dear Watson.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,437 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Thinking of selling my Look and buying something else, purely because I have an option on something a bit special.

I've no idea what the Look is worth though.

Look 765 Frameset (2016 but not much use until this year) - one decal on the chainstay has a mark other than that it could genuinely pass as brand new - Medium

Ultegra R8000 Di2 complete GS including D-fly wireless unit and charger

Look Keo blade 2 pedals

Ritchey bars and stem

Would come with these wheels https://www.bikeinn.com/bike/mavic-ksyrium-exalith-pair/136237370/p (All black spokes, no yellow so slightly older version but still in excellent condition)

Fizik saddle

Everything on the bike is as it should be, Jagwire brake cables, brand new exalith pads, new BB gone on with the cranks, kmc-sl gold chain

This bike is minded like a baby

Any help with a valuation would be appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Thinking of selling my Look and buying something else, purely because I have an option on something a bit special.

Look 765 Frameset (2016 but not much use until this year) - one decal on the chainstay has a mark other than that it could genuinely pass as brand new - Medium

Look Keo blade 2 pedals

Ritchey bars and stem

Would come with these wheels https://www.bikeinn.com/bike/mavic-ksyrium-exalith-pair/136237370/p (All black spokes, no yellow so slightly older version but still in excellent condition)

Fizik saddle

Everything on the bike is as it should be, Jagwire brake cables, brand new exalith pads, new BB gone on with the cranks, kmc-sl gold chain

I offer one HUNDRED euros. Moohaahaahaa.

Ah I already have an offer of €300 from a lad in work :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭Fian

Google maps now shows how many bikes are parked at dublin bike stations. just click on the station and it will show how many are there out of the total - so you know how many parking slots are available as well as how many bikes.

Fian wrote: »
    Google maps now shows how many bikes are parked at dublin bike stations. just click on the station and it will show how many are there out of the total - so you know how many parking slots are available as well as how many bikes.

Their own app does the same thing and has proven to be really accurate in real time. I assume Google Maps pull the info from the DB app. Still handy

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭BrianHenryIE

New Kickstarter for an air pollution monitor. Anything similar out there/experience with things like this? I’m tempted.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/airsniffler/airsniffler?ref=2n23de

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Ah I already have an offer of €300 from a lad in work :P

I will offer 350...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Random musings on commutes:
    Why do these gym goers hate leg day? For a cyclist every day is leg day.
    Theres someone riding my wheel and not taking their turn. Is the etiquette to speed up and drop them, or not show weakness by slowing down?
    Why do I go faster on days that I feel worse?

Let's be honest, sometimes I have too much time to think!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

New Kickstarter for an air pollution monitor. Anything similar out there/experience with things like this? I’m tempted.

What's the point? Pollution is where heavy traffic is, if you're trying to avoid pollution, avoid high volume routes. I just don't see what possible value it could add.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Rechuchote

From Twitter:

Ken Mc Fadden
    @unspeakable28
    Very serious looking accident at front of dept of health, motorbike & bicycle mangled a good distance off the road , hope everyone is ok but it looks really bad , gardai have it blocked off

Breezometer app works well, but it uses the EPA's monitoring stations, some of which (I'm told) have been closed down.

• Advertisement

so it doesn't have its own monitoring capability? it just pulls in the readings from nearby ones?

Random musings on commutes:
    Why do these gym goers hate leg day? For a cyclist every day is leg day.
    Theres someone riding my wheel and not taking their turn. Is the etiquette to speed up and drop them, or not show weakness by slowing down?
    Why do I go faster on days that I feel worse?

Let's be honest, sometimes I have too much time to think!

- If you don't struggle to get off the toilet after leg day then you're doing it wrong. Tbh I've given up on conventional gym work myself and am fully focused on fighting.

- Speed up and drop them, never show a chink in the armour, if they keep up with you call them out for being a lazy git and tell them to take a turn.

- It's a mental thing, free your mind and your legs will follow

so it doesn't have its own monitoring capability? it just pulls in the readings from nearby ones?

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/breezometer-air-quality-index/id989623380

Yes.
    Do you really know what is in the air you breathe?

BreezoMeter is an award-winning, world leader in location-specific real-time air quality data, already helping more than 5.5 billion people improve their health with actionable data.

For the first time, you can see what is in the air you breathe, wherever you are, with this top-rated air quality App.

It’s never been easier to check air pollution levels with BreezoMeter's app, which offers an intuitive and accurate way to get real-time outdoor air pollution information at your specific location, not just at the nearest governmental monitoring station, which could be far away, and does not take into consideration any other parameters that affect air quality.

HOW IT WORKS

By collecting data from over 40,000 governmental sensors worldwide, traffic patterns, weather dynamics, satellite data and more, BreezoMeter uses BIG DATA infrastructure to validate over 1.8TB of data every hour, producing 440 million geographical data points. 7.5 billion compound calculations are then performed by proprietary dispersion algorithms, using machine learning techniques, to understand how air pollution moves and disperses.

BreezoMeter also provides advanced air quality solutions for businesses & municipalities.

ADDITIONAL FEATURES

BreezoMeter’s Real-Time Air Quality App lets you:

• ZOOM IN / ZOOM OUT, to see your street or the whole world, with real-time air pollution maps with intuitive color coding

• Know what you should do, via actionable HEALTH RECOMMENDATIONS per population segment - plan your exercise route, pick a park to play at with your kids, avoid busy roads, stay indoors with activated air filtration system

• Save your FAVORITE LOCATIONS to track the air quality in the places that matter most

• Get the AIR POLLUTION FORECAST, so you can make better plans

• Learn about POLLUTANT CONCENTRATIONS, and understand exactly what’s in the air you breath

• Coming Soon: Got allergies? Asthma? CHECK POLLEN LEVELS (regional, seasonal) with the tap of a finger

• Coming Soon: Check the WEATHER

92% of people in the world breathe air that contains more pollutants than considered safe by the World Health Organization (WHO, 2016).

▸ BreezoMeter’s app lets you take your health into your own hands:

Minimize your exposure to dangerous pollutants and pollen by tracking the ambient air quality around you.

▸ Perfect for parents of small children and infants:

Follow air quality levels where your kids and family spend time: at school, parks, and special outings.

▸ Great solution for athletes, runners, cyclists and anyone doing outdoor sport activities:

Plan the healthiest exercise routes and times and make informed decisions about everyday life.

▸ Important for asthma and cardiovascular disease patients:

Sensitive groups are most at risk for crises, and can benefit from knowing if a trigger is in the air.

THE RESULT

You can breathe cleaner air by way of super-accurate, location-specific (not just city-level) air quality data at your fingertip, available through a simple-to-use app, with you wherever you go.

Coming Soon: BreezoMeter is your solution to get real-time notifications on outdoor air quality changes at any location, along with actionable health recommendations.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Look Keo blade 2 pedals

Ritchey bars and stem

Fizik saddle

You crazy! That bike is beautiful.

Raam wrote: »
    You crazy! That bike is beautiful.

I know but have a line on a Ridley with Bora Ultra wheels and Super Record EPS.

get with the times, daddio. 'super records' are called 'CDs'.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Can you even imagine something like that even being suggested here?

Maybe one day, if we vote in the right councillors, and go and talk to people on the routes where pedestrian cycling infrastructure may be built, telling them about the joys of kids being able to play in the street, old ladies being able to sit and have a goss with their shopping bags, bees and butterflies returning to the hedges and similar unremembered joys.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

God there's nothing like the thwomp of a disc.
    Heading to training today, and it sounded like thunder all the way over and back :pac:

• Advertisement

Left my bike leaning against a wall out back on friday evening just after the down pours when I was moving stuff around in the shed and forgot about it but remembered before bed. Went to wheel it in and felt something wet on my hand ..... covered in slugs :mad:

Advertisement