Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Neo (eGolf replacement)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Water John wrote: »
    Timelines and availability are a bit problematic across EVs but the main direction now is quite positive overall.

The issue at the moment in Europe is the only supplier for electric cars is Nissan/Renault who have manufacturing here. So if you want to buy an electric car you are restricted to these vendors or stupid wait times....

Hyundai/Kia etc will look after home market first and then sell into Europe which of course means the larger markets get dibs...

VW will push into Europe first, that's their base. If they can sell in big numbers in Europe then all the hard work will be worth it and they will convert other factories to push out more and more.

I would expect Ireland will benefit from this. It is positive to see more and more dealers signing up to electric and all of those dealers will want cars to sell. I would guess VW Ireland are pushing these dealers to get certified in anticipation of ID.....pointless spending billions on a new range of cars and then have no supply :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,076 ✭✭✭✭KCross

liamog wrote: »
    Hyundai produce around 20,000 of each model and keep half for the home market.

VW don't plan to sell the Neo in the US, so I suspect the 100,000 are for the EU+Norway.

I know its not necessarily apple to apples comparison but it should be in the right ball park.... if Hyundai make 10k EV's for the worldwide market and that equated to <300 EV's landed in Ireland that should mean more than 3000 Neo's for Ireland since VW are saying 100k per year.

It might even be more since you guys are saying the 100k is all for EU.

The top 5 selling models in Ireland in 2017 sold 4000-5000 each (Focus and Golf being two of those!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

dashoonage wrote: »

Looks about as aero dynamic as a brick

Way too tall, almost Berlingo esc

Any CD figures?

Ahh Thierry.....school finished for the day :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,483 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Ahh Thierry.....school finished for the day :-)
    Where do you put the diesel in?
    Where can he buy one for €500, the value of a skoda fabia ?

• Advertisement

It's not going to be anything massively different from the current VW/Audi range. When I saw the images first it kind of reminded me of an A3 from the exterior. Not sure why.

Just looking at the images, looks like a Panoramic roof on both of them.

ELM327 wrote: »

I will have sold the eGolf, bought the Neo, sold the Neo and bought a Model 3 and Thiery v15 will still be on this forum talking the talk but never having sat or test drove a single BEV :P:P:P

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

I'll predict 2,000 for Ireland in 2020. First deliveries for the 201 plate.

The expanding eGolf sales are likely being used to train up the dealers on electromotivity.

liamog wrote: »
    I'll predict 2,000 for Ireland in 2020. First deliveries for the 201 plate.

The expanding eGolf sales are likely being used to train up the dealers on electromotivity.

A good bit required :-) I rang about service on my eGolf and some firmware updates. They said it was due a main service so I asked what was included...

Pollen Filter etc and then oil change. So I asked what oil to change....silence....to be fair they passed me to a guy who just laughed and said it wasn't included and cost would be reduced to reflect that:D

Ganging up now?

This bullying and personal abuse tbh

Surprised someone like you, would be like that

So what if my Fabia is worth €500

Drives fine, gets me from A-B

Because i don't have a 30k car like you, I can't post here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,483 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Mike9832 wrote: »
    Ganging up now?

This bullying and personal abuse tbh

Surprised someone like you, would be like that

So what if my Fabia is worth €500

Drives fine, gets me from A-B

Because i don't have a 30k car like you, I can't post here
    Go away outta that. It doesnt matter what car you drive, it's the fact that you constantly close and rereg accounts to put down EVs, put down Tesla (or praise them), same with VW, Hyundai etc, your mood and opinions are inconsistent.

What do you mean "someone like me"?

Go away outta that. It doesnt matter what car you drive, it's the fact that you constantly close and rereg accounts to put down EVs, put down Tesla (or praise them), same with VW, Hyundai etc, your mood and opinions are inconsistent.

What do you mean "someone like me"?

Someone sensible, you don't normally attack the poster

My views are a bit up and down, that's true, the whole EV scene and availability pisses me off is most of the reason for my inconsistency

I am mortgage free, decentish job, sensible with money, like fast cars, waiting a while to buy something decent ( 250bhp+, 400km range, 100kW charging, 35k or so ) and nothing out still.

Tesla I like

Rest of the Autogiants, not impressed

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭pdpmur

Just looking at the images, looks like a Panoramic roof on both of them.

I recall reading that VW made a high level decision to make a blacked-out roof a standard styling feature of the ID - maybe that's what the photos are showing?

Someone sensible, you don't normally attack the poster

My views are a bit up and down, that's true, the whole EV scene and availability pisses me off is most of the reason for my inconsistency

I am mortgage free, decentish job, sensible with money, like fast cars, waiting a while to buy something decent ( 250bhp+, 400km range, 100kW charging, 35k or so ) and nothing out still.

Tesla I like

Rest of the Autogiants, not impressed

Who cares if your not impressed. You seem to think it is ok to ruin every single thread with your tiresome drivel.

Also very strange requirements for someone that drives a diesel Skoda. Your hardly driving a rocket ship at the moment, you would swear you spent your life in a Ferrari or something and couldn't go for something less....

P.S no company in the World will be selling a car new with those requirements at 35k.....not in 2020 and doubtful in 2025....add another 10k and you might be lucky....

Who cares if your not impressed. You seem to think it is ok to ruin every single thread with your tiresome drivel.

Also very strange requirements for someone that drives a diesel Skoda. Your hardly driving a rocket ship at the moment, you would swear you spent your life in a Ferrari or something and couldn't go for something less....

P.S no company in the World will be selling a car new with those requirements at 35k.....not in 2020 and doubtful in 2025....add another 10k and you might be lucky....

My Skoda Fabia Rs is pretty quick

180bhp, Hybrid turbo

Used to have much quicker cars, 3 mps 300bhp was the quickest

Telsa Model SR for 35k ( US price ) is circa 250bhp, 400km range, 100kW charging

pdpmur wrote: »
    I recall reading that VW made a high level decision to make a blacked-out roof a standard styling feature of the ID - maybe that's what the photos are showing?

Could be, must have a look....can't remember seeing that. I don't like Panoramic roofs so hopefully it is not included

180bhp, Hybrid turbo

Telsa Model SR for 35k ( US price ) is circa 250bhp, 400km range, 100kW charging

What happened your Model 3 reservation :p

Great, thats the price in US. Whats the Irish price?

And as I said below "no company in the World will be selling a car new with those requirements at 35k"

• Registered Users Posts: 21,142 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Gen 2 to be used in this years Formula E. The tech development here will boost commercial car tech.
    https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/dec/14/formula-e-electric-racing-batterries-last-whole-race-new-season-felipe-massa

• Registered Users Posts: 23,306 ✭✭✭✭ted1

180bhp, Hybrid turbo

Yet the limit on the roads are the same for all cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,306 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Gen 2 to be used in this years Formula E. The tech development here will boost commercial car tech.
    https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/dec/14/formula-e-electric-racing-batterries-last-whole-race-new-season-felipe-massa

From a spectator point of view I really don’t see the appeal formula E. Without the roar if the engine , gear changes , blowing engines etc. You may aswell just be watching scaleletrics

• Advertisement

What happened your Model 3 reservation :p

Great, thats the price in US. Whats the Irish price?

And as I said below "no company in the World will be selling a car new with those requirements at 35k"

Still have it reserved, 35k might never happen alright

I'd pay 40k

If battery tech wasn't locked down to one manufacturer it would be incredible alright

Williams Engineering are the sole battery supplier and tbh it's nothing revolutionary that battery

53kWh or so at 385kg is energy density we have in cars today.

Peak power of 250kW from that 53kWh battery is not even 5c

Rimac Concept 2 has 1400kW from a 120kWh battery, is a much more impressive 12c

They should let manufacturers supply batteries in Formula E, that would boost commercial car tech

Still have it reserved, 35k might never happen alright

I'd pay 40k

40k wont happen either. The baseline model Tesla if they ever make it will be circa 40k.

Remind me again why you need the spec you mentioned?

If we look at the image that was shared online and then the image from the test....not a million miles off

volkswagen-id-1.jpg

?q=70&w=1920&url=https%3A%2F%2Ftimedotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2018%2F12%2Fid-hero-e1544809195926.jpg%3Fquality%3D85

If we look at the image that was shared online and then the image from the test....not a million miles off

Red one looks class

40k wont happen either. The baseline model Tesla if they ever make it will be circa 40k.

Remind me again why you need the spec you mentioned?

Electric running cost is so low it makes no sense to have a slow car

If petrol was tax free I'd have an RS3 or something

With electric that dream is possible

Electric running cost is so low it makes no sense to have a slow car

If petrol was tax free I'd have an RS3 or something

With electric that dream is possible

Sorry but you do sound a small bit childish, you keep referring to slow and sub x second car and really high Bhp....

Are you doing track days or something?

You would be better to reduce the battery so you reduce the weight and then have a fun car to drive

Remember Americans are the only ones testing M3 so far, I bet a M3 has never been on a back road in Ireland.....

Watch every American test drive on youtube, big straight road and they floor it, that’s not testing a car....testing a car is seeing how it goes around a cornor, something the Americans have never figured out

Sorry but you do sound a small bit childish, you keep referring to slow and sub x second car and really high Bhp....

Are you doing track days or something?

You would be better to reduce the battery so you reduce the weight and then have a fun car to drive

Remember Americans are the only ones testing M3 so far, I bet a M3 has never been on a back road in Ireland.....

Watch every American test drive on youtube, big straight road and they floor it, that’s not testing a car....testing a car is seeing how it goes around a cornor, something the Americans have never figured out

Why is wanting a fast car childish?

Why would I want to fly around corners?

I want something quick in a straight line like a Tesla, safe overtaking etc on a motorway

Don't see how that's childish

Why is wanting a fast car childish?

Why would I want to fly around corners?

I want something quick in a straight line like a Tesla, safe overtaking etc on a motorway

Don't see how that's childish

Funny how people can pass each other in a Yaris on the motorway without any issue

It's better fun actually driving a car and going around a cornor than going in a straight line. Oh yeah I never said to fly around the corner, I said to drive around it

Ever wonder why the best driver roads in the World are not a big straight one...quick tip, have a look at Furka Pass in Switzerland...that my next one

Or Chapman's Peak in SA...one I had the pleasure of driving

if you want to drive fast in a straight line, head to Australia...I done a 9 day across the outback before.....plenty of straight roads

Also nobody gives a sh*t how fast you go in the real outback, just watch out for the Kangaroo's, the bastid have a habit of jumping out in front of you :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Am I the only one who finds the Neo horrendous looking?
    You couldn't pay me 40K to drive one.

Advertisement