Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who'd live in a house like this? Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,358 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

tscul32 wrote: »
    The bathroom and en suite here are great examples of colourful ware.

https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/detached-house-seatown-road-malahide-co-dublin/2621509

My aunt had a brown bathroom for years. I think they got it dirt cheap at the time.
    They got rid of it about a decade ago and the plumber was mad for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

My parent's bathroom still has peach sanitary ware. It's hideous but at least it's not brown. Do you ever think when you see some houses in the countryside that the owners built the house to be as big as possible and then just don't know what to do with all the space? Case in point is that Malahide kitchen. So many cupboards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

the plumber was mad for it.

Oh matron!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,715 ✭✭✭✭josip

SuperS54 wrote: »
    Oh matron!

Thought the same :D
    My head nearly exploded with all the potential puns and double entendres of a 'mad for it' plumber what with all the pipes, tools and leaks.
    Then I got a picture of a XXX Super Mario zipping around avocado-coloured bungalow bathrooms.
    I think I need to change my brand of coffee.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    My parent's bathroom still has peach sanitary ware. It's hideous but at least it's not brown. Do you ever think when you see some houses in the countryside that the owners built the house to be as big as possible and then just don't know what to do with all the space? Case in point is that Malahide kitchen. So many cupboards.
    At least one of my neighbours ended up with a bathroom 4 x 4 metres in size, toilet looks lost in the corner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Not to mention the imaginative landscaping of the garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

tscul32 wrote: »
    The bathroom and en suite here are great examples of colourful ware.

https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/detached-house-seatown-road-malahide-co-dublin/2621509

Maybe I'm just used to living in a cottage with 2ft thick walls but the outside walls look really narrow in that house.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

It has a pool table.
    Any time I look on Daft I always think "would a snooker table fit in there".

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

Same As wrote: »
    Another interesting property from Longford Daft.

Photo 6 & Photo 9 both particularly striking.

TBH, I would buy that if I had more than dust in my bank account.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭LaChatteGitane

seamus wrote: »
    The house is clean, very clean. With furniture of that vintage, you'd expect everything to be a bit ragged, table legs duck-taped together, cabinet doors slightly ajar.

I would say this was lived in by someone who was meticulous about maintenance and cleaning, but absolutely refused to change or replace something that didn't need to be replaced.

Looking dated doesn't matter, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I expect this is being rented out by the owner who has moved into a home or in with family and left explicit instructions with the agent.

It's kind of sad, really.

Why are you quoting my post ?:confused:
    I didn't even comment on the 'state' of the house. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,520 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Fairly serious bang of Criminal Assets Bureau seizure off that gaff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Alun wrote: »
    Not to mention the imaginative landscaping of the garden.

No excuse!! Leyland trees are cheap as chips, ideally a Beech hedge. There is no sense of privacy there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,111 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Fairly serious bang of Criminal Assets Bureau seizure off that gaff.

A quick google of the address and occupants give up nothing!

Wait until you see this beauty for rent!!!

https://www.daft.ie/for-rent/house-74-abbeygrove-navan-co-meath/2866951

So what is wrong with it? Read the fine print, you cant do anything with it. Its like being stuck in a time warp with Austin Power from the 1970's.

So what is going on? Is it someone stuck in a nursing home or a child who wont let go? I reckon it would do your head in looking at those carpets.

Something almost perfect about that house. Looks like a film set from 1972 or some retro fantasy that has been painstakingly recreated by a hipster. It's immaculate. Apart from the composite front door and an electric heater, it looks like nothing has been touched in 50 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

• Registered Users Posts: 13,715 ✭✭✭✭josip

Lundstram wrote: »

Some pitch on that roof. Do they get a lot of snow in Laois or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

josip wrote: »
    Some pitch on that roof. Do they get a lot of snow in Laois or something?

I'm guessing there's no roof slates/tiles so the snow will just slide off nicely. :D

Loving the view of the actual house's oil tank from the kitchen window while a bottle of gas sits outside the shed door. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

The map view is brilliant:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,111 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Flicking through bidx1 latest list of misery:

A weird 31sqm split level house in rathmines for 170k
    https://bidx1.com/en/en-ie/auction/property/48483?countyid=180

Is that mould outside??
    https://bidx1.com/en/en-ie/auction/property/48639?countyid=10

• Registered Users Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭ongarite

This one is crazy price for a derelict unfinished shell.
    It has been idle for many years.
    https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/detached-house-curragha-road-creakenstown-ratoath-co-meath/2740161

850K with no interior shots at all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭dennyire

Lundstram wrote: »
    Strand Road??? The nearest beach must be at least 100 km away

• Registered Users Posts: 12,941 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Anyone else think that the window views are a little off?

https://www.daft.ie/share/galway-city-harbour-co-galway/2900668

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Lockheed

Reading this thread does interesting things to my dreams. Every night now I dream that I'm moving house, and the house is bizarrely huge with sketchy plumbing, electrics and a ridiculous floorplan. Am I the only one that gets this? I was up all hours looking at the houses last night and had very vivid dreams of this last night

flazio wrote: »

Looks like the house is level with the dock wall, possible only 3m above sea level.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

They look photoshopped in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭-=al=-

It looks like a lot more than the windows have been edited

The lighting is pretty strange and I'm not sure if it's just me, but it looks like some of the the furniture such as the lamps, towels, mirrors, plants, cushions and even a couch looks added in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭lucalux

-=al=- wrote: »

The lighting is pretty strange and I'm not sure if it's just me, but it looks like some of the the furniture such as the lamps, towels, mirrors, plants, cushions and even a couch looks added in

Those windows are the funniest looking things I've seen on daft in a while, but the bunch of flowers in pic 7 is the best.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The windows are definitely photoshopped. Just look at the reflection on the coffee table in the first picture. You can see the curtains reflected but not anything else in the window.
    -=al=- wrote: »

I think the lighting difference is just to do with the photoshopped windows. The lighting inside and outside is very different and really messes up the picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

All those scenes can be seen from those apartments. The boats and stuff from the front (which technically is the back). The front doors are in a courtyard so the other places with steps etc are the apartments across from them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,941 ✭✭✭✭flazio

All those scenes can be seen from those apartments. The boats and stuff from the front (which technically is the back). The front doors are in a courtyard so the other places with steps etc are the apartments across from them.
    OK maybe the address is correct, but the way that the photos are manipulated makes me suspect that the rooms featured aren't from the advertised property, which then makes me suspect is this a genuine ad or a scam?

Advertisement