Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who'd live in a house like this? Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭emeldc

I was expecting to see a stable in the garden!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

emeldc wrote: »

"If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are." Hyacinth Bucket, Keeping Up Appearances.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

RubyRoss wrote: »

By the looks of it there's no front door either! How the heck did that person get into the kitchen!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

The sad thing about that home is it's been kept in an immaculate condition, but I'd want to rip out everything from the ceilings to the floors.

I'd keep the rose chairs in the conservatory though. They are beautiful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

The sad thing about that home is it's been kept in an immaculate condition, but I'd want to rip out everything from the ceilings to the floors.

I'd keep the rose chairs in the conservatory though. They are beautiful

Those chairs are very pretty.

The chairs in the dining room are missing their "door knockers"!

(I'm in a group on Facebook called "Hunbelieveable" lots of dodgy decor in there and this house would fit right in!)

Amazing how a house can be both beautiful and horrible at the same time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

Link

Property is presented in good condition throughout, however it may require some remedial work prior to occupation.

I do get a good laugh out of these descriptions. The property looks like it was recently on fire?

Same As wrote: »
    Link

Property is presented in good condition throughout, however it may require some remedial work prior to occupation.

I do get a good laugh out of these descriptions. The property looks like it was recently on fire?

Jesus christ

Is the black mould or smoke?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

emeldc wrote: »

Me too, second guess is that Italians own it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Jesus christ

You'll never make it as a detective.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Jesus christ

Fire damage and some green algae on one wall for a pop of colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Ryath

Same As wrote: »
    Link

Bit of history there. Looks like it was deliberate attempt to set it on fire?

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/farmer-denies-he-told-men-to-kick-in-door-of-house-in-bid-to-thwart-receiver-39264403.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,910 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Property is presented in good condition throughout, however it may require some remedial work prior to occupation, this presents itself as an ideal opportunity for owner occupier and investors alike.

MAY need work?

Definitely needs to be completely gutted.

I hate auctioneer speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭BobbyMalone

Graces7 wrote: »
    There is a beautiful church for sale at Quivvy…. I must stop looking at these places! Bad enough I love rightmove..

If it's the one I'm thinking of (ex CoI?) then it was owned by one of Dead Can Dance: a suitable place for their ethereal type of music and was a recording studio for years.

Ryath wrote: »
    I'm not so sure, one photo shows the electrical consumer unit to be totally burnt out, the only site of real fire damage. The rest of the property has heat and smoke damage.
    The green mould looks unrelated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Ryath

I'm not so sure, one photo shows the electrical consumer unit to be totally burnt out, the only site of real fire damage. The rest of the property has heat and smoke damage.

Thought at first glance the outside boiler had been on fire to. There's a lot of smoke damage around it but nothing around it seems to have been burnt. The owner certainly didn't want the bank to be able to get any value out of it.

The green mold is probably just a leaky roof alright.

Its like a combo solarium/fire pit.
    Fantastic for barbecues

It wouldn't take the mind of a master criminal to figure out that might be a good place to start a deliberate fire in all fairness.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭tara73

will this sh** be sold for 75.000? Honest question, don't have a clue about the situation at the moment. It's in the middle of nowhere, you actually pay for the site, having demolition costs on top of it as I don't think this building is sustainable.
    It's actually the price for a site with permission to (newly) build on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Would want to be some site to be worth that in Granard...

• Advertisement

tara73 wrote: »
    will this sh** be sold for 75.000?

It will yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 13,645 ✭✭✭✭josip

It will yeah

Ireland is the only country in the world where a double positive can be construed as a negative.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭tara73

josip wrote: »
    Ireland is the only country in the world where a double positive can be construed as a negative.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,168 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

yeah, right.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,826 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Let's hope it's not the Comer group who snap this up.
    Look up the Corrib Great Southern fiasco if you're not familiar.

It's not no.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 GerHankey

retalivity wrote: »

I actually went to view this apartment to rent once when I was moving, many moons ago. Lets just say you can do wonders with a telephoto lens on a camera these days:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

Can anybody make sense of this listing?

Apartment for rent in Deansgrange - €1,200 per month
    1 studio/ office - €1200
    1 ensuite/ Office - €1200
    1 bedroom - €800

In Deansgrange one of Dublin's most convenient locations. Spacious hallway with wooden floors, large fitted kitchen with table and chairs, all mod cons.

First floor, studio room can be used office room too and attached Bathroom.

2nd floor - Two double bed rooms, attached bath room and living area.
    Can be used for office room too.

* 30min from city center by bus.
    Accessed from the rear and positioned over retail units
    Presented in excellent condition
    Bright spacious accommodation and Office.
    Master bedroom includes en suite bathroom
    Ample parking
    Lift
    Short walk to Dun Laoghaire Institute of Art, Design and Technology.

Note : Weekly one free yoga session for health and fitness.

It looks like a two bedroom apartment above a bookies that's been split into 3 separate rooms at a total monthly cost of €3,200 - talk about gouging! :rolleyes:

The free weekly yoga lesson to sweeten the deal made me laugh though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,127 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

Grayson wrote: »

1200 for this....in Ballybrack!

https://www.daft.ie/for-rent/apartment-91a-oakton-park-ballybrack-co-dublin/2597057

OGYyMGIwNWZkMmNlMTFkZGNjNTdiNDU4NGVhYmMxNGbDiwddJKeY2EvlmnknJCCaaHR0cHM6Ly9zMy1ldS13ZXN0LTEuYW1hem9uYXdzLmNvbS9tZWRpYW1hc3Rlci1zM2V1L2MvYy9jY2E2YmE3OGZiZTEzMTllZWQ2YjU2YzZlNmQwNTFjMy5qcGd8fHwxMjAwfHx8fHx8fA==.webp

MDllNzVlMjg1ZWU2NzkwZTFmZmQzZjRjNmI3OGNkYWGaIEUsP2NWVmYImh874oSfaHR0cHM6Ly9zMy1ldS13ZXN0LTEuYW1hem9uYXdzLmNvbS9tZWRpYW1hc3Rlci1zM2V1LzgvZC84ZGQ4YjY3ZTlhNmI2YjUyZjM2NjA3NDk5ZDE0OGJlYi5qcGd8fHwxMjAwfHx8fHx8fA==.webp

YWZkNjg1NWM2NGNkZTcwNWEyOTY0ZTkzMTRiZjMyMGL6mFQBL-boccSnwqtQClQHaHR0cHM6Ly9zMy1ldS13ZXN0LTEuYW1hem9uYXdzLmNvbS9tZWRpYW1hc3Rlci1zM2V1LzUvNS81NTI1YjlmMTUwNTQ5ZTBhN2VhMmU4ODE0MTQ4ZjgwNi5qcGd8fHwxMjAwfHx8fHx8fA==.webp

YTM3MTJhZGRkODQ5NWNlNDNmZjc1YmQ5ODlmYTZjZTi_bFXKPN1Lw7WSiPwYXjUFaHR0cHM6Ly9zMy1ldS13ZXN0LTEuYW1hem9uYXdzLmNvbS9tZWRpYW1hc3Rlci1zM2V1LzQvNS80NWIxZTljNTRmZGY2ZGE5ODlkYzE4NzRkZTI4MTljYi5qcGd8fHwxMjAwfHx8fHx8fA==.webp

Rents are at a ridiculous level and still rising, they really need to drop rapidly, as there is absolutely no value whatsoever in the rental market.

Advertisement