Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crahed my car. Claiming off insurance.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

A premium cannot increase mid-term because of a claim

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I think some insurers will deduct outstanding balance from the payout so your policy is fully paid till the end of the term.

That on top of apllicable excess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

wonski wrote: »
    I think some insurers will deduct outstanding balance from the payout so your policy is fully paid till the end of the term.

That on top of apllicable excess.

They cannot do that

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

They cannot do that

They can and do:
    In the event of a claim in the current period
    of insurance, the full annual premium
    becomes due. We reserve the right to
    deduct any outstanding premium from
    any claim payment we may make to You.

This is from Allianz.

The premium, however, does not increase until renewal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Gooser14 wrote: »
    So if you had full NCB protection the cost of the insurance on renewal with the original company would likely have been Eur 925 (1850 less 50% NCB).

Or is that too simplistic a view?

Who can say for sure that the Base Premium would be the same if the OP had full Bonus Protection ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

wonski wrote: »
    The premium, however, does not increase until renewal.

Ah this makes sense, pretty interesting did not know that. Does seem like they shouldn't be a allowed to do that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,317 ✭✭✭jmreire

Bear in mind that in the case I am speaking about, it happened a very long time ago....25 years ( possibly even a bit more ) and I just wondered if the same thing applied still? But it definitely happened, I know the guy who was involved in the accident.

Advertisement