Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hawthorn Manor, Coill Dubh

Options
  • 17-04-2018 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone is buying at the new development in Coill Dubh - Hawthorn Manor?
    I bought in phase 1, due to be completed in June. Was hoping to find others buying too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Damienf10

debbiepasi wrote: »
    Hi,

Just wondering if anyone is buying at the new development in Coill Dubh - Hawthorn Manor?
    I bought in phase 1, due to be completed in June. Was hoping to find others buying too.

Hi Debbie, I'm hoping to have contracts signed by the end of the week, all going to plan I'm looking to be in by the end of June.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Nicolal

We have bought in phase 1, hope to sign next week. Have you got a moving in date yet?

No moving in date yet, it took longer than I had expected for the bank to approve the mortgage and send out the mortgage pack to my solicitor. Finally got to sign contracts on Thursday. Hoping to move in at the end of June or start of July, will depend on how long it takes the builders to finish the house and how long the bank takes to issue the mortgage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lou1206

We have bought in phase 1 also! Still no moving in date. Snag was done last week so hopefully we won't be waiting too much longer

Lou1206 wrote: »
    We have bought in phase 1 also! Still no moving in date. Snag was done last week so hopefully we won't be waiting too much longer

We were up looking at the show house two weeks ago and there are people who have moved in already. They were in within two weeks from snagging.

• Advertisement

My house is due for snagging in the next couple of weeks, anything I should look out for? Was it a long list?

Nicolal wrote: »
    We were up looking at the show house two weeks ago and there are people who have moved in already. They were in within two weeks from snagging.

Oh brillaint best finish off packing so 😂

Damienf10 wrote: »
    My house is due for snagging in the next couple of weeks, anything I should look out for? Was it a long list?

Sorry haven’t a clue, we aren’t due to snag for another two weeks... the only reason I know is the estate agent had mentioned it when we went in to look at the kitchen in the show house

Sorry haven’t a clue, we aren’t due to snag for another two weeks... the only reason I know is the estate agent had mentioned it when we went in to look at the kitchen in the show house

Thanks for the reply but my message was aimed at Lou who had the stag done last week ;)
    I heard the same thing from the EA last Sunday about the 2 week closure so will be hoping for a good quality finish, a short snag list and prompt resolution 🀞

Damienf10 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply but my message was aimed at Lou who had the stag done last week ;)
    I heard the same thing from the EA last Sunday about the 2 week closure so will be hoping for a good quality finish, a short snag list and prompt resolution 🀞
    🙈🙈sorry didn’t see the reply above 😂

• Advertisement

🙈🙈sorry didn’t see the reply above 😂

No worries.
    I'm due for snagging in two weeks too so hoping to be in at the end of June but more likely will be first half of July I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 1 FitzK18

Hi everyone
    Congrats on your buys!
    Any of you planning on commuting to Dublin from hawthorn ?
    Trying to do our research and only know one person in the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

FitzK18 wrote: »
    Hi everyone
    Congrats on your buys!

Howdy watching this thread lately! The 120/123/bus goes through Coill Dubh to Dublin but goes through Celbridge so with traffic can take ages. My wife commutes to Dublin daily - uses the train from Sallins - you'll need to be very early in the morning for parking at the station is the only thing otherwise it is spot on!

Hi everyone
    Congrats on your buys!

It takes me 40 to 45 minutes to get to Blanchardstown from clane in the morning, That’s leaving at 8am.

Hi guys does anyone have broadband in Hawthorn Manor struggling to get a provider

Lou1206 wrote: »
    Hi guys does anyone have broadband in Hawthorn Manor struggling to get a provider

I have Eir installing next week. They were the only ones I could get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 The rocenante

Hi, I'm sitting here at 6 in the morning listening to a puppy and a large Rottweiler type dog, crying and soaked to the bone as they have been left out in the heavy rain since yesterday, they have no kennel at all and never have for last couple of weeks, I plan on finding the owner tomorrow as it's cruel but just if anyone knows or is the person who lives in the house which I'm guessing is no 3 please do something to help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Hi, I'm sitting here at 6 in the morning listening to a puppy and a large Rottweiler type dog, crying and soaked to the bone as they have been left out in the heavy rain since yesterday, they have no kennel at all and never have for last couple of weeks, I plan on finding the owner tomorrow as it's cruel but just if anyone knows or is the person who lives in the house which I'm guessing is no 3 please do something to help

I don't know if they answer the phone on a Saturday but it might be worthwhile ringing the Kildare Dog Warden on (059)8623388.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 djkraze

I have Eir installing next week. They were the only ones I could get.

Hope you got your BB.

Live in another T&C development. Been waiting for them to install the lines since Sept 2017.
    It was never run and never asked to be done to Éir.
    Been on Three 4g because there is no one else in the area.

Thats the least of our issues. They are a bunch of cowboys.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 polly21

Hi,

I would really appreciate some feedback on how people living in Hawthorn Manor are settling in? Currently looking at this development and would love to hear some feedback on the following:
    Any issues to look out for, apart from the mentioned Broadband? What's the build quality like?
    How is the heating system working? Does the house retain the heat well? Are Electrical Bills OK? Were all snag lists dealt with by the developer in the end etc. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 djkraze

polly21 wrote: »
    Hi,

I would really appreciate some feedback on how people living in Hawthorn Manor are settling in? Currently looking at this development and would love to hear some feedback on the following:
    Any issues to look out for, apart from the mentioned Broadband? What's the build quality like?
    How is the heating system working? Does the house retain the heat well? Are Electrical Bills OK? Were all snag lists dealt with by the developer in the end etc. Thanks

If it were me, I woukd never buy a town and country built home.
    Between all the issues, foundation insulations collapsing , electrics not being done right, plumbing issues , and the horrible aftercare.

Town and country was fired by our developer. Only 25% way through the development due to the issues.

They use cheap supllies and labour.
    Our snag lists were never finished and no 12month checks done.

Hi djkraze,

Thanks for your input and sorry to hear you've had such issues. I would've thought that things like foundations, proper insulation, electrics, plumbing etc would've been a given!

Our biggest fear is to buy a home and run into issues down the line like the one's you've mentioned. Especially the likes of insulation or plumbing. These houses have a BER of A2 and A3 so you'd expect they meet the current standards. But perhaps thats very naive on our part?!

Id love you hear from any people who have bought in Hawthorn Manor on how they're getting on? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭GavMan

djkraze wrote: »
    Between all the issues, foundation insulations collapsing , electrics not being done right, plumbing issues , and the horrible aftercare.

Town and country was fired by our developer. Only 25% way through the development due to the issues.

Did the new builder not remedy the issues? Doesn't sound like they are any better if that is that case.

What has the developer said to you about it?

We had minor issues when we first moved in and the electrian or plumber were in straight way and repaired it. Heating is great, €50 in the summer, €250 in winter but we had it set for too long so I’d expect it to come down this month. If I could change anything it would be the kitchen counters, they mark if anything drops on it, if you get the opportunity to choose your own I would. Other than that really happy.

Thanks for the above Nicolal. Great to hear your happy there. Did you get Eir Broadband installed after or did you have to use another provider?
    I seen Regional Broadband advertised on the entrance to the estate the last time we visited. I thought that was the only option?

Also, how do you find the house in terms of sound insulation? Assuming you are in one of the 3 bed semi detached that is.

Thanks.

polly21 wrote: »
    Thanks for the above Nicolal. Great to hear your happy there. Did you get Eir Broadband installed after or did you have to use another provider?
    I seen Regional Broadband advertised on the entrance to the estate the last time we visited. I thought that was the only option?

Also, how do you find the house in terms of sound insulation? Assuming you are in one of the 3 bed semi detached that is.

Thanks.

We went with Regional in the end, it took me 4 months to cancel Eir, they had it down as “install scheduled” up until January even though I had cancelled in October. Regional is ok, speed is fine, I use it for work and Netflix and it has only gone twice, both times it was during bad weather.

We are in a detached house so not sure what the sound is like. Best of luck with the move.

Becca89 wrote: »
    Hi guys, I was looking at this new development and wondered do any of you folk have kids, I do and would love if there were others of similar ages.

He have a 6 and 4 year old, there are a few more families, not sure of their age could be around the same or a bit younger.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Hi everyone
    Congrats on your buys!

Bus goes from coill dubh village every hour. Its my dads home village. A great communtiy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

djkraze wrote: »

Town and country have a great name in Kildare. Your comment is a bit strange tbh. Can i ask where the development is your talking about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Boscosnr

Homes are built to current standards and retain heat very well, as the heating system uses electricity you will see a bigger Electric bill in comparison to a standard home but you will only have the one bill no gas or oil. We are spending 200-250 per 2 month bill for a family of four with two young kids.

We are in a semi-d and haven't had issue with noise at all, our neighbors may say different as we have two active young kids:)

The finish is quite good on the house, the builder has look after all issue that we have raised, our snag comprised more of paint finishes and general dings around the house. (we did more damage moving in ourselves)

A few things to note,

The rear gardens are bad quality finish the paving is nice but the grass area in all that I have see are full of weeds and patchy grass, ask for the garden to be in order when snagging.

Make sure your snagger checks your PV control panel as ours and others were never connected and we only notice 3-4 months after being in the house. This was rectified as soon as we flagged it.

Also get the builder to verify that all heating zones are working as our hall and downstairs W/C wasn't heating. Simple fix, plumber was in the next day for less that 2 min to rectify. We had been in the house over four months before really noticing this due to the heat retention in the house this stands to the build quality.

Ask for all certs and warranties as part of the snag also as these will be you go to for any issues that may arise down the road.

The area is nice, not too much in the way of entertainment but you are close by to lots to do for kids and plenty of sports clubs. Clane and Prosperous will be you go to for all you essentials.

Our eldest has started in the national school and is getting on great, the people of the village are very welcoming and approachable most we have meet have moved to the village in one of the last developments.(10-15 years ago) the estate is yet to settle with people only moving in and building work still going on but hopefully this will level out during the summer.

Hope this is of some help.

Advertisement