Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voip with Eir vdsl and bridging

Options
  • 16-04-2018 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Hi,
    I was not aware that eir now are voip based for telephony and this does not work if you bridge your modem.
    Has anyone got a workaround?
    Thx.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

yfaykya wrote: »
    Hi,
    I was not aware that eir now are voip based for telephony and this does not work if you bridge your modem.
    Has anyone got a workaround?
    Thx.

Ring them. As far as I know, they've got no issues giving out the SIP details. You can then use a different VoIP device instead.

Also search this thread: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057499489 ... I remember somebody got the details of them no bother.

Why would you bother with bridging anyhow. Just use a decent router, directly connected to their FTTH or FTTC line.

/M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

Marlow wrote: »
    Ring them. As far as I know, they've got no issues giving out the SIP details. You can then use a different VoIP device instead.

/M

Afraid not. See here:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057858144

Both myself and CalamariFritti requested the SIP passwords for our accounts. However the passwords we were given were wrong and it now transpires that eir support have no access to the SIP passwords so anyone using a third-party router will lose the VoIP service.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

This contradicts:
    https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057862950

It certainly USED to be the case that SIP info was freely given out.

Afraid not. See here:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057858144

Both myself and CalamariFritti requested the SIP passwords for our accounts. However the passwords we were given were wrong and it now transpires that eir support have no access to the SIP passwords so anyone using a third-party router will lose the VoIP service.

Thanks for clearling that up. Must have missed that.

Best to port the number elsewhere so .. who wants their phone service from Eir anyway anyhow ? :)

/M

Its definitely possible to extract the details, but it might be a JTAG job which wouldnt be for the faint hearted.

• Advertisement

ED E wrote: »
    Its definitely possible to extract the details, but it might be a JTAG job which wouldnt be for the faint hearted.

Yeah, I don't need them that badly. I'll be cancelling the voice part of my service when my initial contract is up. It was really only out of interest to see if I could get it working on an ATA.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭yfaykya

ED E wrote: »

Do elaborate! Read the onboard MCU of the modem? I have so many different programmers here I am bound to have one that works (bus pirate etc).

The problem then is that I would need to buy an interface to hook up the current house phones to also.

Why would you bother with bridging anyhow. Just use a decent router, directly connected to their FTTH or FTTC line.
    /M

I don't have FTTH or FTTC (direct to exchange so close to FTTC). I also have a ubiquti USG I want to use and I do not want to double NAT.

I don't have FTTH or FTTC (direct to exchange so close to FTTC). I also have a ubiquti USG I want to use and I do not want to double NAT.

And Eir have migrated you to VoIP ?

Normally they only do that on FTTH connections at the moment.

/M

And Eir have migrated you to VoIP ?

Normally they only do that on FTTH connections at the moment.

/M

Yes annoyingly. Get < 30Mb too.

• Advertisement

Yes annoyingly. Get < 30Mb too.

Direct to the exchange is ADSL2+, so max 24 Mbit/s or ADSL1 (7.2 Mbit/s max), depending on what gear they have in there.

/M

Direct to the exchange is ADSL2+, so max 24 Mbit/s or ADSL1 (7.2 Mbit/s max), depending on what gear they have in there.

/M

No. It is vdsl.

No. It is vdsl.

We treat all VDSL as FTTC here even when its exchange launched.

Anyone know the eir SIP settings? I have my username and pass.

Anyone know the eir SIP settings? I have my username and pass.

Primary registrar: vobb-pub.voice.eir.ie

Port: 5080

Primary proxy: vobb-pub.voice.eir.ie

SIP domain: voice.eir.ie

Local port: 6050

Can I ask where you got the password please?

Primary registrar: vobb-pub.voice.eir.ie

Primary proxy: vobb-pub.voice.eir.ie

SIP domain: voice.eir.ie

Local port: 6050

Can I ask where you got the password please?

I phoned support. Thanks for the above.

I phoned support. Thanks for the above.

Is the password you were given a string of uppercase letters and numbers that is 32 characters long? If so it is unlikely to work, myself and CalamariFritti were given similar "passwords".

Is the password you were given a string of uppercase letters and numbers that is 32 characters long? If so it is unlikely to work, myself and CalamariFritti were given similar "passwords".

Yes :-(

Yes :-(

They are clueless. That is not your password. Apparently support cannot see your password. I think the only way around this is to get a copy of the Huawei firmware for the F2000 and extract the encryption keys used to encrypt the config file.

FFS. The amount of time these people have cost me.
    Neither the sports or phone app work.
    Wonder could we sniff the traffic on an android phone to get our password..

I might see about hacking the modem too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭pancyk

hi all, it been some time since last comment been made, and I wonder if anyone got any luck with using eir landline on a 3rd party device? Using Sagemcom CS50001 modem from eir

Advertisement