Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hit a gate, any ideas on cost to repair damage to car?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

nice to hear a happy story to do with a main dealer these days

• Registered Users Posts: 23,285 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

From the little that can be seen from the picture, I'd be thinking it's still full of fillers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,464 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

mickdw wrote: »
    From the little that can be seen from the picture, I'd be thinking it's still full of fillers.

Really? What would be the give away?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Ush1 wrote: »
    Really? What would be the give away?

Get a magnet and see if it sticks evenly all over the area.

There's just one blemish in the line of the curve of the wheel arch that doesn't look quite right.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,285 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I might be wrong but from 1 o clock position to 3 o clock position, it doesn't look to be 100 percent - overly rounded and just looks heavily filled

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

mloc123 wrote: »
    Yeah, good job... I would not notice it afterwards. North Kildare based.. so prices should be much the same as in town.

Looking for someone to do a similar, smaller job around north kildare. Would appreciate pm of contact details.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Fair play to Belgard for fixing it but why exactly did they fix it for nothing? A good result tho

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

mickdw wrote: »

I think so too. The lines on the filler cap don't match up with the lines on the quarter panel and the arch looks off too.

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    I think so too. The lines on the filler cap don't match up with the lines on the quarter panel and the arch looks off too.

The fuel filler cover crease didn't 'line up' before the repair, so I'm not sure why it would after. It also doesn't line up on the first page of Fluences a google image search threw up, nor in this video of one https://youtu.be/_7ZJJcCukw0?t=17s

The arch doesn't look off, it's just an unfortunate shape that blends into the lower rear door and sill strangely - again, as can be seen by an image search or the above video.

I have no idea of the quality of repair, but the pictures of the repair make it look as good as new compared to pictures of actual new Fluences.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,464 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

EPAndlee wrote: »
    Fair play to Belgard for fixing it but why exactly did they fix it for nothing? A good result tho

It had previously been damaged which I wasn't made aware of when I bought it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Ush1 wrote: »
    It had previously been damaged which I wasn't made aware of when I bought it.

But did you try a magnet on the area after the repair?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

To be honest the rear 1/4 was never going to be cut out and replaced and the repair looks very good! Filler or not I think the OP has done well and should be pleased

Advertisement