Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Car storage costs

• 09-04-2018 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭ mloc123

Can anyone advise on how much it would cost to store a classic per month around Dublin/Kildare area? I am toying with the idea of buying a summer car but do not have a garage to keep it in for the other months and do not want it sitting rusting on my driveway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭ johnml

mloc123 wrote: »
    Can anyone advise on how much it would cost to store a classic per month around Dublin/Kildare area? I am toying with the idea of buying a summer car but do not have a garage to keep it in for the other months and do not want it sitting rusting on my driveway.

There's a great guy 10 mins north of Navan that I use. It's 60 p/month or 300 for 6 months. I'd highly recommend him, he's a pleasure to deal with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 Manuel Cool Sleeper

johnml wrote: »
    There's a great guy 10 mins north of Navan that I use. It's 60 p/month or 300 for 6 months. I'd highly recommend him, he's a pleasure to deal with.

+1

But I think he is near full capacity at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭ gfwd

Mr. D'arcy's out in the Naul store cars too. They advertise on DoneDeal. They may be around the €60 mark too but you'd need to enquire.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭ _ptashek_

gfwd wrote: »
    Mr. D'arcy's out in the Naul store cars too. They advertise on DoneDeal. They may be around the €60 mark too but you'd need to enquire.

Last time I kept my car there it cost 60EUR/p-m short-term, 50EUR/p-m long-term (>6 months). It was generally the going rate elsewhere in 2016. May have changed since.

It's an OK place - no climate control, a little damp in winter, but reasonably well ventilated. There's someone on site most days, which isn't a bad thing for that little extra security.

Advertisement