Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Car storage costs

• 09-04-2018 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭

Can anyone advise on how much it would cost to store a classic per month around Dublin/Kildare area? I am toying with the idea of buying a summer car but do not have a garage to keep it in for the other months and do not want it sitting rusting on my driveway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭johnml

mloc123 wrote: »
    Can anyone advise on how much it would cost to store a classic per month around Dublin/Kildare area? I am toying with the idea of buying a summer car but do not have a garage to keep it in for the other months and do not want it sitting rusting on my driveway.

There's a great guy 10 mins north of Navan that I use. It's 60 p/month or 300 for 6 months. I'd highly recommend him, he's a pleasure to deal with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭ht9zni1gs28crp

johnml wrote: »
    There's a great guy 10 mins north of Navan that I use. It's 60 p/month or 300 for 6 months. I'd highly recommend him, he's a pleasure to deal with.

+1

But I think he is near full capacity at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭gfwd

Mr. D'arcy's out in the Naul store cars too. They advertise on DoneDeal. They may be around the €60 mark too but you'd need to enquire.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭_ptashek_

gfwd wrote: »
    Mr. D'arcy's out in the Naul store cars too. They advertise on DoneDeal. They may be around the €60 mark too but you'd need to enquire.

Last time I kept my car there it cost 60EUR/p-m short-term, 50EUR/p-m long-term (>6 months). It was generally the going rate elsewhere in 2016. May have changed since.

It's an OK place - no climate control, a little damp in winter, but reasonably well ventilated. There's someone on site most days, which isn't a bad thing for that little extra security.

Advertisement