Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neglected Honda hornet 250 customization.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭gr8 m8

decky1 wrote: »
    great idea to cusomize your bike, start by getting a hand full of your hard earned cash and setting fire to it as this is what it's like to customize your bike, if you can't do it your self get 2 hand fulls and do the same. best of luck be sure to sent photo when your finished your project.:cool:

You want a photo of me burning money?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

great idea to cusomize your bike, start by getting a hand full of your hard earned cash and setting fire to it as this is what it's like to customize your bike, if you can't do it your self get 2 hand fulls and do the same. best of luck be sure to sent photo when your finished your project.:cool:

Sounds like someones given up on life...............:p

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

Sounds like someones given up on life...............:p

yes i get up every morning and Smile, best to get it over with --just saying custom work is expensive if you have to get it done , it's money you never get back.:cool:

gr8 m8 wrote: »
    You want a photo of me burning money?

Read the post.:rolleyes:

yes i get up every morning and Smile, best to get it over with --just saying custom work is expensive if you have to get it done , it's money you never get back.:cool:

If its about making money yeah youre right...certainy in this country anyways...Guys here want what MCN /Superbike tells them to buy...
    Nothing wrong with giving it a go tho..eh..;)

• Advertisement

i think your putting me on the wrong side here, I was that guy who wanted to customize my bike gave it the 'Street-fighter look, cost a good bit had it about 6 months then a young girl pulled out in front of me cost me my bike +a large part of my elbow, insurance did'nt see the custom work though.I do hope it works out for this guy, but i would'nt choose a Hornet.

Looks like the Hornet chose him..:P.....250cc and 6ft tall....plenty of guys do up 250's, chances of making a few bob on just getting it legal wouldnt be worth the effort imo...best just to do his own thing..it'd be different anyways..sorry bout the elbow..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

i think your putting me on the wrong side here, I was that guy who wanted to customize my bike gave it the 'Street-fighter look, cost a good bit had it about 6 months then a young girl pulled out in front of me cost me my bike +a large part of my elbow, insurance did'nt see the custom work though.I do hope it works out for this guy, but i would'nt choose a Hornet.

Unless you declare the modifications and have an agreed value you get nothing for any modification to a vehicle. Put a set of titanium akrapovic exhausts on a bike and see how much you get if you crash it.

Hello.

Thank you for taking such interest, I am trying to take it all on board. I agree about the hornet not being the best starting point and would prefer the likes of a virago or one of the old Honda CB bike's! But the hornet is here and it has an amount of centement to it.

I'll go back to the drawing board with plans for it and see what I come up with! Any insight is appreciated but I'm putting it out there that I have no intention of just restoring it to the original, I'm going to put a mark on this bike somehow.

Street scrambler/tracker would be my choice..cafe racer clip-ons or drops will limit your steering with the wide tank..I'd cut the arse off it but be careful as you may need a mount if you decide to keep the high exhaust..ditch the rear footpegs...knobbly tyres from Oponeo and job done....its the cheapest option imo.....:)

• Advertisement

Hello,

Well I have looked and looked and the one thing that I can't understand is how they managed to make the Honda hornet 250 look like a nice little road bike but managed to no make it look sexy at all!

I just can't find a line in the design that I really like. A short back just looks unfinished, a bobber seat is in my head but I don't think it would suit.

Still not sure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭FingerDeKat

The hornets are great bikes stock :)

I've really come to agree with you!

I'd like to do something with it that would just make it fun! The best bike I rode was a Suzuki 125 farm bike in newzeland with all the guards and I just enjoyed falling off it mostly!

Open to suggestions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭FingerDeKat

gr8 m8 wrote: »
    Open to suggestions.
    As others mentioned above , get the bike running first.

I had a Honda Bros and put up side downeys on it with a renthals and bougth a single seat and a subframe from the US it for it (some lad raced them and was a metal worker so started selling the single seat subframes).

All in it was over a grand. not cheap , especially if you have to pay other people for the machining.

Advertisement