Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 33 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Sold salah for 2 weeks on my wildcard back in gw 22 as he was going to miss 1 game. I also did it as I always believe having huge value tied up in a player can hinder your decision making. I was happy to bank the profit and pay a bit more for him when I got him back as it gives me flexibility with moving him in and out if need be. There is no such thing as a season keeper as injuries, suspensions, not having dgws will nearly always happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Sold salah for 2 weeks on my wildcard back in gw 22 as he was going to miss 1 game. I also did it as I always believe having huge value tied up in a player can hinder your decision making. I was happy to bank the profit and pay a bit more for him when I got him back as it gives me flexibility with moving him in and out if need be. There is no such thing as a season keeper as injuries, suspensions, not having dgws will nearly always happen.
    People mustn’t want to lose team value....Salah only a few hundred shy of more net transfers in this round....I got him at 9.7m so he’s going nowhere fast for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

People mustn’t want to lose team value....Salah only a few hundred shy of more net transfers in this round....I got him at 9.7m so he’s going nowhere fast for me.

Team value is not that important coming towards the end of the season, ‘you can’t take it with you’.
    For instance I have enough to do Salah/Son/Barnes to Arnie/Lingard/Kane with .1 wiggle room and am tempted for -8 despite using my wildcard last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,947 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I’d just like concrete news. Him missing this weekend alone mightn’t be enough to convince me to get rid. 2 weeks or more, probably.

But I feel Klopp will be reluctant to rule him out of the City game even if he is injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

patmac wrote: »
    Team value is not that important coming towards the end of the season, ‘you can’t take it with you’.
    For instance I have enough to do Salah/Son/Barnes to Arnie/Lingard/Kane with .1 wiggle room and am tempted for -8 despite using my wildcard last week.

That’s all well and good, but what if he’s back next week?

Do you really want to go without Salah for home games with Bournemouth Stoke and Brighton?

Unless Salah is out for a number of games I think that’s a bit of a mad -8 tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

I'd say value is only not important if you can afford to bring Salah back in. If you are losing .5m on Salah, then selling him might cost you a player when trying to get him back in

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

Salah to Hazard for the run in is tempting me with this injury scare. When I look at the remaining fixtures (DGW playing a large part) Hazard could well outscore a fit Salah. 

The injury may not be serious, but if he has tweaked something even slightly, Klopp will surely wrap him in cotton wool for the 2nd leg and the almost definite semi final.

A lot of people will probably hang on to Salah, so finding a good differential would be huge. Can't think beyond Hazard...already have 3 Man U, so that rules out Sanchez, already have Sterling, Eriksen. Only thing is Hazard has always let me down in FF.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,947 ✭✭✭✭CSF

mectavba wrote: »
    Salah to Hazard for the run in is tempting me with this injury scare. When I look at the remaining fixtures (DGW playing a large part) Hazard could well outscore a fit Salah. 

The injury may not be serious, but if he has tweaked something even slightly, Klopp will surely wrap him in cotton wool for the 2nd leg and the almost definite semi final.

A lot of people will probably hang on to Salah, so finding a good differential would be huge. Can't think beyond Hazard...already have 3 Man U, so that rules out Sanchez, already have Sterling, Eriksen. Only thing is Hazard has always let me down in FF.
    It was my first thought also.

Well.....my second thought has been to consider completely jumping off the Liverpool train and doing Salah & Firmino > Willian & Kane.
    From memory, Klopp seriously rotated the team 2 years ago on the way to Europa League final and with no DGWs it looks sensible.
    The above transfers would be for a -8 though. I've taken too many hits this season, but this one feels like it would set me up very nicely for the run in....i

Well.....my second thought has been to consider completely jumping off the Liverpool train and doing Salah & Firmino > Willian & Kane.
    From memory, Klopp seriously rotated the team 2 years ago on the way to Europa League final and with no DGWs it looks sensible.
    The above transfers would be for a -8 though. I've taken too many hits this season, but this one feels like it would set me up very nicely for the run in....i

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

That's not true at all, I ihave Salah since gameweek one, so effectively if I move him out its for the rest of the season unless I replace him with a cheapie gap stop and that seems like a waste of two transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I think with the cash most people have tied up in Salah, if he goes out then he's not coming back in.

Decisions....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

If I sell Sterling, Firmino or Salah I would lose a lot by buying them back. Aagh, head wrecked.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

Might hold fire on Salah to Sanchez yet depending on severity of Stanislas injury
    I've decided I'm going to get zaha in this week and hold him for rest of season
    No doubles but no blank and a lot to play for

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Just the one transfer for me so far. Hegazi(farewell) to Lowton.

Hennessey(Elliott)
    Alonso Lowton VVD (Simpson, Bauer)
    Silva Zaha Arnie Salah Mané
    Lukaku Auba (Quaner)

Team looks very meh this week. Only expect one of Salah/Manè to start. Other players have tough fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I have a cunning plan:

Salah out! :)

#YouDontWinFriendsWithSalah

I have a cunning plan:

Salah out! :)

#YouDontWinFriendsWithSalah

#YouDoWinMini-leaguesThough

• Registered Users Posts: 9,937 ✭✭✭normanoffside

km79 wrote: »
    I've decided I'm going to get zaha in this week and hold him for rest of season
    No doubles but no blank and a lot to play for

Zaha is the ultimate FF troll.
    Always looks great and as if he is just about to do something but never actually produces points.
    Don't do it!!

Zaha is the ultimate FF troll.
    Always looks great and as if he is just about to do something but never actually produces points.
    Don't do it!!

He was the ultimate FPL troll. Last season was like a breakthrough season for him. 149pts a very respectable score for his price bracket. He's nailed and fit now in a Palace team that are playing some good football and who's fixtures run good right til the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

manual_man wrote: »
    He was the ultimate FPL troll. Last season was like a breakthrough season for him. 149pts a very respectable score for his price bracket. He's nailed and fit now in a Palace team that are playing some good football and who's fixtures run good right til the end of the season.
    Palace have a savage amount of injuries,the up side of this is Benteke likely being one of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

And benteke is injured
    He has missed 20 out of 22 big chances
    Incredible !

Zaha was good for me earlier in season so I’ll be getting him
    Need to get a few players with something on the line for their teams

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Is it bad I am tempted by

Gudmunsson, Salah and Murray to Cork, Kane and Matic?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

naughtb4 wrote: »

Yes.

Unless there is information to suggest that Salah will miss the Bournemouth game, I can’t fathom why people want to sell him. He’s the highest points scorer in the league with 3 tasty home fixtures to play.

The only difference last night made is that we aren’t going to be waiting on the Liverpool team sheet Saturday morning to see if he starts (I reckon he wouldn’t have anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,085 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

I am surprised your keyboard let you string that sentence together.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Unless I see Salah, holding a doctors note, and in a wheelchair with two broken legs, he is not being transfered out!

:D

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Unless I see Salah, holding a doctors note, and in a wheelchair with two broken legs, he is not being transfered out!

:D

Hes fast enough without giving him wheels.

I am surprised your keyboard let you string that sentence together.

Well Murray and Gudmusson are going to be tied to my bench post 34 (and Gudm looks possible to miss 34) so it's really a Salah to Kane swap

33: Rather Kane
    34: Rather two game Kane
    35: FH have both
    36: Rather Salah
    37: Rather two game Kane
    38: Rather Salah

Well Murray and Gudmusson are going to be tied to my bench post 34 (and Gudm looks possible to miss 34) so it's really a Salah to Kane swap

I can see it does make sence,I am holding out for one week and get him in then,I wont be dropping Salah tho,who else you got in you squad.

I can see it does make sence,I am holding out for one week and get him in then,I wont be dropping Salah tho,who else you got in you squad.

Have a few options

Kane Lukaku/Auba and Vardy just seems enticing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,937 ✭✭✭normanoffside

I had him for 8/9 weeks before and after Christmas and he literally returned nothing for 6/7 weeks in a Row.
    I was so glad when he got injureded so that I finally was forced to get rid of him.

Advertisement