Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liberty insurance

Options
  • 29-03-2018 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

Hey folks,

Just wondering what's libertys policy on changing from private insurance to commerial insurance but for private use only? Just weighting up my options for my next yoke

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

I'm with liberty on a commercial motor policy but it covers social, domestic and pleasure use also. It puts a query on the tax system which says such use in a commercial is invalid, but yet insurance allows for it. If the vehicle is commercial in construction, then most insurance companies will insist on a commercial policy. Dealing through a broker for the last 15 years. 10 on the same vehicle. Was told a private policy would not apply

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭mickwat155

TrailerBob wrote: »
    I'm with liberty on a commercial motor policy but it covers social, domestic and pleasure use also. It puts a query on the tax system which says such use in a commercial is invalid, but yet insurance allows for it. If the vehicle is commercial in construction, then most insurance companies will insist on a commercial policy. Dealing through a broker for the last 15 years. 10 on the same vehicle. Was told a private policy would not apply

Thanks for the reply I've built up 6 years no claims so be a sin to piss them away just for the sake of a van if that's the case

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

Just be aware that if you've been on a private policy ,you may have to fight your corner with the no claims bonus as companies like to ignore previous experience in the opposite section, had this issue before mirroring a bonus from one to the other

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Cod97

TrailerBob wrote: »

Hi i have a few questions you might be able to help me with.

1.) is it possible to get commercial tax without TAX number?

2.) can I have commercial insurance but non-commercial road tax ?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Cod97

Hi all,

I have a car and want to buy a van because I have to carry a tool box and climbing equipment to work daily.
    The company I work for is a very large company who have work veichle's so they will not provide me with a VAT number.

1.) Can I get commercial tax without a VAT number?
    Or
    2.) Can I have a van with commercial insurance but normal non commercial road tax?

Thanks for your time and I look forward to your reply.

• Advertisement
Advertisement