Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Autosport wrote:
    The stalker inside by EG Scott

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Remembering how to hand-sew after a break from any sewing .So relaxing .

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Autosport wrote: »
    Just finished a great book, couldn’t put it down, I love a book like that :)

I found a book I got ages ago that I zipped through, I've started reading it again and am enjoying it way more this time around.

I rarely re-read books!

Today there was an electrician here doing some work and he said "that dogs mad about you". I've only had her a few weeks! :) TH she's loves me already! And I love her of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Starting laser hair removal on my legs tomorrow. No more itchy and sore shaving rash :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Watching dogs playing and splashing in pools :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Today there was an electrician here doing some work and he said "that dogs mad about you". I've only had her a few weeks! :) TH she's loves me already! And I love her of course.

I guess you could say she Wuff's you too :pac:

*gets coat*

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

TH you can always have some silly banter across multiple threads on Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Went over to my brother and sister in laws to print and scan something and got a bowl of spaghetti Bolognese plonked in front of me. Happy days!

I guess you could say she Wuff's you too :pac:

*gets coat*

Yeah retriever your coat! That was a pawsitively awful pun but hey don't terrier self up about it.

I'm sorry :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Yeah retriever your coat! That was a pawsitively awful pun but hey don't terrier self up about it.

I'm sorry :(

I was only joking but you...you took it too far there :-|

giphy.gif

:pac::pac:

I was only joking but you...you took it too far there :-|

:pac::pac:

:D I know, I'm ashamed!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Family birthday celebrations, cake and champagne, we are a classy bunch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

I'm more than TH for the people in my life who haven't given up on me, even when I've been beyond difficult. My wife especially but also my friends including lovely boardsies in this too.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Herself is away this weekend so starting to plan adventures for me and the kids.
    Most importantly I'm planning what junk food we can eat without Mrs. Bap giving out to us. I'm guessing there will be lots of pizza.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Will you be my Dad?

Will you be my Dad?

I wanted to jump out of a ice cream cake and tell you this, but, I am your dad.
    Welcome to pizzaville.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Starting laser hair removal on my legs tomorrow. No more itchy and sore shaving rash :D

Absolutely the best thing I have done for myself,
    the confidence I gained from being able to wear what I want without preplanning or scrabbling for extra thick tights.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

When the music you’re listening to syncs up with what’s going on around you. For example, I’m in a café and listening to Rammstein while the girl at the next table is sewing a stuffed panda. It’s a wonderful contrast :pac:

Bredabe wrote: »
    Absolutely the best thing I have done for myself,
    the confidence I gained from being able to wear what I want without preplanning or scrabbling for extra thick tights.

That’s one of the reasons I want it done, because you know here how we get one day summers. You’ll hear on the weather that the temperature the next day will be 20 degrees and you’re like “yes! I can wear a skirt!” and then you remember you need to shave your legs :(

No more of that for me :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,154 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Got a date for my operation. TH but bricking it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

Succubus_ wrote: »
    I'm more than TH for the people in my life who haven't given up on me, even when I've been beyond difficult. My wife especially but also my friends including lovely boardsies in this too.

Ah you're not a complete pain in the arse, we like having you around :D

Changed my pain meds and had the new ones today for the first time... forgot myself, and took the same amount as I would of the old ones...
    I was off my tits an hour later :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I love going to the local library. Not just for books and dvds, but mainly for the laugh with the two librarians. They are priceless.

Wearing my favourite perfume after a while of wearing another one and remembering how good it smells

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover54

That satisfying sense of relief and closure when you finally recall a word or name after struggling to remember it for what seems like hours.

It's usually a word/name that you've taken for granted for years and was not at the forefront of your mind so when you can't remember it it feels like you're developing Alzheimer's or something. There's also that annoying and tantalising thing where you can vaguely remember parts of the word but the whole thing is just out of grasp.

It's so bloody satisfying when you finally remember, like finding your wallet or keys after you lost them. A milder example of the same phenomenon is when you forget what you wanted to say to someone and a good while later in the same conversation you finally remember what you were going to say. I love it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Going to see Long Shot at the cinema tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

My favourite woman sent me a clip from an original video of a deportment class ...it's a hard-to-explain in-joke, but ''And there she goes again, leaning across the table like a hungry animal!'' has me in stitches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Just home from an annual medical and feeling chuffed with myself.

2017 I was diagnosed with type two diabetes and was immediately put onto medication and a low carb (sugars) diet, it wasn't the end of the world but at the time and for a few days afterwards that's how it felt.

Today, after two years of hard work I've lost 30+kgs (6 stone) and loads, and loads of cardio (I'm easily running 10 twice a week and 5k's the other days, allowing one rest day).. And thousands of times pricking my fingers to take blood glucose readings.

Anyway after all that, my doctor has taken me off my medications and told me that he's almost 100% confident I've completely reversed my diabetes and he just needs two more tests to prove it.

I know I'm two weeks premature announcing it, and I hope I'm not putting a mockers on it but it looks like I'm DIABETES FREE :):)

Oh, I had an issue with cholesterol (which runs hand in hand with diabetes).. That's come down from 7.7 to 4.2 :) :

2017 weight was 130kgs, today I'm 97kgs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

One of my favourite posters is back !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I just had cottage pie for dinner

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement