Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster vs Scarlets, Sat 24th March 5:30pm, Sky Sports

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭budhabob

Good man wootton, good try. Pass looked a little forward though was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Disallow that your you cnut

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Please no..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭budhabob

Good try.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I hate when players call for reviews like Varndell pretending it was a knock on. He knew it was clearly a try and grounded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Thank f*** he's awarded the try. Great stuff by the forwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

No less than Munster deserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Copeland has had a huge match

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

No BP for Scarlets. :D

Quint2010 wrote: »
    Copeland has had a huge match

He did...he's actually been massive all season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

The offiating tonight was an absolute disgrace. That said, I'm not a referee so I'm sure it was all fine so carry on. Stunned to get that win, better econd half.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

For everyone frothing, you really shouldn't be listening to commentators on the laws iof the game. Double movement is actually a rugby league offence, the actual offence in rugby union is 'not releasing'. You are entitled to reach out and place the ball, but pushing it along the ground is actually a deliberate knock-on.
    15.5 The tackled Player
    (c) A tackled player may release the ball by putting it on the ground in any direction, provided this is done immediately.
    Sanction: Penalty kick

(d) A tackled player may release the ball by pushing it along the ground in any direction except forward, provided this is done immediately.
    Sanction: Penalty kick

A commando crawl, even a truncated one is not allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

prawnsambo wrote: »
    For everyone frothing, you really shouldn't be listening to commentators on the laws iof the game. Double movement is actually a rugby league offence, the actual offence in rugby union is 'not releasing'. You are entitled to reach out and place the ball, but pushing it along the ground is actually a knock-on.

I thought his arm movement immediately after the tackle was an over arm motion precisely to avoid rolling it along the ground

Don't forget
    22.4(e)

If a player is tackled near to the opponents’ goal line so that this player can immediately reach out and ground the ball on or over the goal line, a try is scored.

Players are generally allowed to get away with one additional body movement after forward momentum has stopped but that is unequivocally against the rules.
    The player in this case (who was it?) had stopped his forward momentum and then used his body to move forward a second time while reaching out.

The try absolutely should have been given, but it is also absolutely technically not a try.

Don't forget

Players are allowed to get away with one additional body movement after forward momentum has stopped but that is unequivcally against the rules.

The try absolutely should have been given, but it is also absolutely technically not a try.
    No they are not. They can only reach out, they can't move their body. You actually quoted it.

For everyone frothing, you really shouldn't be listening to commentators on the laws iof the game. Double movement is actually a rugby league offence, the actual offence in rugby union is 'not releasing'. You are entitled to reach out and place the ball, but pushing it along the ground is actually a deliberate knock-on.

I'm sure I speak for every Munster fan here when I say . stop talking shïte

m sure I speak for every Munster fan here when I say . stop talking shïte

BBDBB wrote: »
    I thought his arm movement immediately after the tackle was an over arm motion precisely to avoid rolling it along the ground
    If he hadn't moved the rest of his body, it would have been fine.

And I'm listening to Ieuan Evans on about it again. Who I called out earlier in the match for another clanger.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,778 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

To throw the cat amongst the pigeons Munsters final try probably shouldn't have been allowed. The passer started in a stationary position so the ball never could've went backward before going forward

No they are not. They can only reach out, they can't move their body. You actually quoted it.

Perhaps you should read my post before replying.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

prawnsambo wrote:

And the rule you have quoted has absolutely nothing to do with what happened. He placed the ball immediately on/beyond the try line.

He didn't roll the ball whatsoever.

• Advertisement

If that’s the law and that’s the interpretation of the law then fair enough

However, we all know that any similar action hasn’t been interpreted that way before (in my memory) and I’d place serious money that it won’t be again

It was a poor decision, sadly not the only one tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭eigrod

BBDBB wrote: »

It was. The poster you quoted mustn’t have seen it if he’s talking about pushing it along the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Elvisjuice

as i said planks will be on saying ref is right

Clegg wrote: »
    To throw the cat amongst the pigeons Munsters final try probably shouldn't have been allowed. The passer started in a stationary position so the ball never could've went backward before going forward

Incorrect...as usual?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I didn't see the game but that is a fantastic result.

Clegg wrote: »

BURN THE HERETIC

;-)

Perhaps you should read my post before replying.
    I read it. And it's wrong. You said 'body movement' while quoting the law which says "reach out".

You are tackled. You must release the ball when tackled, but can place it. At the try line, you can place if over the line. What's so hard to understand?

I didn't see the game but that is a fantastic result.

"Quotes"
    ;););)

I read it. And it's wrong. You said 'body movement' while quoting the law which says "reach out".

You are tackled. You must release the ball when tackled, but can place it. At the try line, you can place if over the line. What's so hard to understand?

Well.. you're wrong.. what is so hard to understand?.

• Advertisement

Well.. you're wrong.. what is so hard to understand?.
    When you actually quote the law and apply it, I'll be all ears. But one-liners are about as useful as tits on a bull.

Not that I'd expect anything else tbh.

Advertisement