Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Kavrocks wrote: »
    I'm back playing for 2 months now after taking nearly 3 years out. Currently struggling at 4* and 5* raids and wondering if there's anybody around Dublin 5 who does raids?

Tier 4 & 5 raids are for groups only.
    The number of ppl raiding has dropped recently.

However remote raiding was released yesterday. That should help a bit. Think it’s only lvl 40 initially, but as with all things will roll out for everyone else over a day or three.
    Problem then is co-ordinating times. There is probably a D5 WhatsApp group

• Registered Users Posts: 18,106 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Everyone level 5 and up can do the remote raids. I'm out later for an appointment am gonna see just how far away from the doctors office I can get for the raids it seems to be any raids you can see by moving around on your screen.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,274 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Everyone level 5 and up can do the remote raids. I'm out later for an appointment am gonna see just how far away from the doctors office I can get for the raids it seems to be any raids you can see by moving around on your screen.
    It's further than that as people with 'mons in gyms have been able to join them but there's a definite distance limitation. There's also normally a 5 remote limit which is raised to 10 maximum for now and you're limited to a maximum of 3 remote raid passes at any time apparently (I guess to avoid people stocking up on the discounted passes now).

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Seems you have to be within 4km of gyms you have pokemon in, or be able to see the gym from your current location. Did a remote Landorus this morning and it ran fine, no issues.
    I'm playing a little over a year (since 31st March 2019) and I should hit Level 40 this week, finally :)

I have to give Niantic some credit for some of the stuff they've done to keep people playing the last two months, I know it's about maintaining their income stream, but it's improved the game as well.

Make way make way we got throwback events starting on Friday a week apart Kanto first with Charizard hat Pikachu :p

Research involved with a psystrike Mewtwo among others as the reward

• Advertisement

These remote raids will get you access to gyms with raids in parks and other areas closed due to Covid19

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

The remote raids don't do sh1t for me because where I am in Dubai no one plays :( I don't understand why they can't just let us invite friends like with ex passes. Lockdown has eased a little here at least, so maybe I can go to the more built-up areas for some of the new raids :/

No shiny Volbeat or Illumise despite encountering hundreds of the buggers with plenty of incense-walking. :(

But yesterday I got shiny Alolan Exeggutor followed almost immediately by shiny Tentacool. :)

Win some, lose some.

EDIT: And I just caught a shiny Sudowoodo! :D

Got a shiny illumise and shiny Eevee from the event

I did get shiny Volbeat and 3 Feebas. Much better though, hit level 40 today:)

• Advertisement

Still 3m shy of level 40 I'm gonna try do some tier 3 raids tomorrow three gyms within reach so hopefully I can get two raids a day from them and build up xp

I think Fridays event will be really helpful for xp too

I got the Kanto throwback research early, it's a bit of fun, good for rare candies too.
    If it wasn't for the friendship with lucky egg thing I'd be nowhere near lvl 40, don't have the patience for proper grinding

No shiny bugs here either :( But I did get my fourth shiny feebas. I'm so over that damn fish.

It's when the fish pops out of the 10k egg that really induces rage! Still haven't hatched an Axew, so I'm missing that and the Rufflet line from my pokedex. Rufflet cos I'm kind of crap at PVP!
    The other two things I'm missing that aren't regional are Dialga (he hasn't been available since I started playing) and Shedinja for the same reason

Got my Rufflet last night still missing denino

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Got my Rufflet last night still missing denino

thanksfully landorus is gone, he was 99% of the rewards!

It's when the fish pops out of the 10k egg that really induces rage! Still haven't hatched an Axew, so I'm missing that and the Rufflet line from my pokedex. Rufflet cos I'm kind of crap at PVP!
    The other two things I'm missing that aren't regional are Dialga (he hasn't been available since I started playing) and Shedinja for the same reason
    I still quite like him, I don't know why... I think I have the primal memory of how rare he was in Ruby/Sapphire :P I do roll my eyes, but I'm just thankful when it's not bloody dratini/larvitar/beldum, they're such duds.

I'm fairly good at PVP but Rufflet just NEVER appears. I think he must have a tiny probability. Next season he'll be a guarantee though! Shedinja also sucks anyway :P I really don't know why Dialga and Palkia have never been re-released, I was disappointed that I didn't get to raid them much. They were popular but their shinies are super cool so I bet Niantic are saving them!
    syboit wrote: »
    thanksfully landorus is gone, he was 99% of the rewards!

That realisation motivated me to play yesterday and I got... a tepig, so I stopped again :pac:

I see Rufflet is guaranteed at Level 8, so oh well!
    Also, rather embarrassingly I failed the wayfarer entrance exam :D
    I did it on the phone kind of quickly not realising you only get 2 chances. I'd better pay attention next time

Shiny Klink from remote raid it was definitely on my bucket list

• Advertisement

Yeah, wayfarers on the phone is a bit awkward. I’ve hardly touched it recently, used to do reviews on laptop when on work trips. (None of those recently)
    But the ability to request pokestops has been a godsend.
    My local area (2 woodland parks) has gone from 2 gyms and 5 stops about 18 months ago to 8 gyms and 15 stops. (With even more on the opposite end of the park away from me) About 12 of the new stops were my submissions.

Similar to yourself PvP is another world for me. Played the initial rollout in order to get Scraggy. Haven’t bothered with Season 1. I just can’t get the type counters and moves strats into my head. (Old and crap is my excuse)

So I’m missing Rufflet, Braviary, would be willing to buy a Philly safari zone ticket if still able.
    Maractus is a rare spawn in its region. (I saw a single shadow when I was in Southern Florida a few months ago) A guy in Dublin traded me a Sigilyph he caught in Greece.
    Have yet to hatch Axew, so there’s an entire line missing.
    I have hatched a couple of Deino but they were all crap, even after mirror trading. I have one ready to mirror trade with a lucky friend, so at least I know that I will get those 2 evolutions in the future.

Pokédex; 591/596

Raid bosses for Kanto throwback

https://leekduck.com/boss/

Kanto throwback challenge research

https://leekduck.com/events/throwback-challenge-kanto/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭glenjamin

I completed the Throwback in about 14 hours. Very easy to do and caught my first legendary too. I think I'm more excited that I caught a 15/15/15 Arcanine more than anything!

Can never find the type I need when I'm on each stage of the bleedin quest :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Canard wrote: »
    Can never find the type I need when I'm on each stage of the bleedin quest :pac:

I used a few lure modules and was able to catch whatever I needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

Shiny pikachu doesn't get shiny charizard hat. Tragic.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Absoluvely wrote: »
    Shiny pikachu doesn't get shiny charizard hat. Tragic.

Just got a shiny hat Pikachu, if only this was a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Cleared the Kanto Challenge at the weekend and got my Mewtwo which I'm delighted about. I'm at the end of Jump Start Research (I ignored the tasks for a good while) and I accidentally transferred my Dratini to Professor Willow. :mad: :(

• Advertisement

Nice of them to leave the Kanto research easy enough. Means you can be quite laid back while still working towards a goal.

Advertisement